Disney In August Question

baloofigment14

Hello all, thinking about going to Disney maybe the first week in August and was wondering what to expect for weather, crowds, and anything else. Thanks for any tips or help!

epcotisbest

It's busy all summer long. And incredibly hot and humid all summer long. There isn't going to be much difference between the end of July and the beginning of August.
Usually the humidity hovers around 99.8 percent at the end of July but soars to 99.9 percent in the beginning of August. Never mind the difference in the heat..it is hard to tell the difference.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

going to Disney maybe the first week in August and was wondering what to expect
August 2010.... I went because it was the only available time I could go that year. Out of all the trips I've taken, it was the one trip I look back on with the least satisfaction and joy. :banghead: The unrelenting heat, uncomfortable humidity, crowded parks, longer waits for buses, extended lines everywhere for everything, less ride opportunities, unruly groups, made the trip stand out as my worst one ever. So I told DW I'd never go again in August :devilish:... even if it was the only time available.

I would love to avoid crowds but unfortunately I am leavin August 8
Make the best of it... have a lot of patience and plan well. Youll get through it, and maybe the next trip you take can be during a less hectic, more comfortable time of year. ;)

Upvote 0

wdwfan4ver

It has been many years since I was at WDW in early August, but it is very similar to when I go in late August. I like it later August.

The only difference between early and late August is the crowds are busier in Early August due to kid have to go back to school by late August for some school systems with the Weekends being the most packed. What I do is make sure I drink enough fluids, pace myself and take an afternoon break.

Upvote 0

Disney4family

We usually go the end of August. We have gone the end of September, right before Christmas, the week of the 4th of July and the end of July/beginning of August. The crowds were the worst for us the week of the 4th and the end of July/beginning of August (since we left in December on the 23rd when it was getting too crowded for comfort). The best weather was the end of September, but due to school schedules, we prefer the end of August. It is as hot and humid as people have said. We accept it for what it is. I figure my classroom on Long Island can feel just as hot and humid. At least at Disney I am relaxing under a palm tree with a dole whip float in my hands! :joyfull:

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell397

Pace yourself and stay hydrated. We took several trips at the end of August because we did not want to take our kids out of school. It is doable but it is hot and humid. The only relief is ducking into a store or the indoor attractions then it is back into the heat and unbearable humidity. The sudden rain showers only serve to add more moisture and steam to the parks. Bring a spray bottle and Frogg Toggs or some other cooling cloth. Unfortunately, a pool break at mid day will not help since the pool water gets so warm that it is not at all refreshing. I would recommend a nap in your air conditioned hotel room during the hot afternoon hours and then returning to the park after 6 or 7. Even then, the heat and humidity does not quit but if that is the only time you can go...well then...just do it and enjoy! :cat:

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
My wife thought it would be fun to get one last trip in last August...when she was 6 months pregnant. Made the heat and humidity100x worse.

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Hello all, thinking about going to Disney maybe the first week in August and was wondering what to expect for weather, crowds, and anything else. Thanks for any tips or help!
Go later in august if you can. I always go in august, but only once did I do the first week of august and it was insane. Crowds and heat, bit a good combo.

Mid to late august is much better! Still hot as arrakis, but without the pounding crowds.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell397

I agree with @englanddg about the crowd level in August. It goes down bit in the 2nd half of the month but not by much. But the weather is still hot as blazes. And the kicker....it gets even hotter and more humid in September. After promising myself that I would never do Disney in the summer again, my brother in law convinced us to go in September..."lower crowds and better weather" he said. WRONG! I think that September weather is hotter and more humid than August if that is at all possible. And during the weekend, the crowds were way up in the MK especially. During the week days, it was a walk onto most rides and a manageable wait for the others. So...it's a trade off. If you can handle the heat and humidity, I would go in September when the low crowds make the weather more bearable. Have a Magical Trip no matter when you go. :cat:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom