League of Dreamers: A New Beginning

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Hello, everybody, it's DisneyManOne here once again. See, I've recently been swept up into the world of the competitions here on the Imagineering forums. From @IDInstitute's The Creator Games to @jdmdisney99's Sorcerer's Apprentice, I've become addicted to these sort of games.

So, I've decided that, for the summer, I would like to resurrect one of the original Imagineering competitions on the forums. So, with that said, welcome one and all to...
pcZzm4fJj
The design behind League of Dreamers is as such: the competitors all serve on one team (or, depending on how many people we get, two different teams). Together, the team(s) will design their own take on a new Disneyland somewhere in the world, each project being a land-by-land overview complete with attractions, shops, restaurants, and details, with various requirements required to be explained right down to the minute detail (usually an attraction ride through).

Much like the other games here, this is a way to decide the best in the crowd. However, much like the Creator Games, if you want to prove that you can be an Imagineer, you have to show us. Through virtually every single way imaginable, we will test your skills as an Imagineer.

Again, this used to be played on the Imagineering boards beforehand, and both MANEATINGWREATH and myself have attempted to stage revivals of it on the SYWTBAI boards. But, nonetheless, with such a crowd of bright Imagineers as this, I'd love to see if a revival could work here.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Basic Outline
The game will revolve around six major rounds--Main Street, Adventureland, Frontierland, Fantasyland, Custom Land (meaning, a land of your own choice--you can do a new take on an existing land (i;e Toontown, Critter Country, etc.) or make up your very own land) and Tomorrowland.

The Main Street round will involve all of you playing on one big team, to sort of get the feeling of what the game will be like. But, once we get into Adventureland, you will be split into two teams, each one working on a few certain aspects of the land in question. Once we get our submissions, me and a couple judges will look them over and declare a victor. The losing team in a challenge will have to then go through a sudden-death round, where each member individually works together on something for the land. Whoever gets the lowest score on the team will be eliminated.

Sound confusing? It does, honestly. But that's just the tip of the iceberg--there'll be plenty of twists and turns that will shake things up! ;)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules
  • No foul play. There is no need for that, this is intended solely for fun, and if anyone is mean to other competitors, it will result in their automatic elimination. Along with this, there will be opportunities for sabotage. Please do not take it out of control so that we can keep having friendly fun.
  • Keep the main thread clean. Please tag me in the discussion thread if you have any necessary questions or comments. This is to make this thread easy to follow for future readers, as well as try to not slow it down.
  • Maintain respectable competition. Many times, the rules will not be able to be moderated by us. You will have to use the honor system sometimes, and we ask that you please follow, as it is the only way to maintain a respectable competition.
  • Something is better than nothing. Please always try to at least submit something of ours, even if not complete or thorough just to show you are here. It makes the game more fun for everyone.
  • On our part. With these rules, it is only fair that we have our commitments. Here, I promise that me and the judges will be fair in our juding, as well as be reliable for you when it comes to posting challenges or reviews.
Below, you can sign up, and I highly encourage everyone . It will be a lot of fun, and will have a lot of time for you to express your own creativity in many different ways. We know that this time of year, people are very busy, especially considering many of you are in @jdmdisney99's Sorcerer's Apprentice.

Oh, and BTW, @jdmdisney99, this game is not meant to compete with your Sorcerer's Apprentice game. The reason I say this is because I don't want you to get the idea that my game is trying to steal your game's thunder...which is not what it will do.

Anyways, I will only allow 10 people in the game (that way, we can take some heat off those playing Sorcerer's Apprentice). If the game is a success this year, I'll more than likely allow more people in next year. Sign-ups will officially end July 6th (so that way, those who will be away celebrating the 4th of July can still have time to sign up.)

So, until next time...let the magic begin!

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
I would be interested. My only hesitancy is that I already committed to SA and I have some other things going on. How much would the workload be? @DisneyManOne

I only ask because when I commit to something I give it my all. If I can't go at it 100% then I may have to pass. But this seems like a really nice comp!

Well, the first round (Main Street) will involve all 10 players on one team, but after that, the players will be split into 5-person teams. Therefore, you'll be sharing the workload with your teammates. The only time you'll have to work individually is if you make it to the finals.

spacemt354

Chili's
Hmm..I will think on it and get back to you here!:)
Unfortunately, it looks like I won't have the time coming up to put forth the effort I would want into this competition. But this is definitely a neat concept. Since slots filled very fast for SA, there are some members that may have not signed up, but have participated in the Creator Games just recently. I'll tag them for you to see if they're interested. It might be good for others to tag people too in case they missed this!

@MCParradox
@ctxak98
@InfiniteRightEar97
@Darth_Disney
@ScorpionX

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Bump.

DisneyMan, any word on your plan now that the deadline has passed?

@DisneyManOne, is the competition still on?

I honestly have no idea. But, if something changes, I'll let you guys know. We may have to move the date back due to Sorcerer's Apprentice going on. I've recently chatted with the TAFIs, and I hope to get ICS backing for the game. The TAFIs suggested that I wait till after Sorcerer's Apprentice gets done (probably around the time of finals, I'll bump the thread again.)

But nonetheless, I'll still include you who already signed up--@Basketbuddy101, @Brer Panther, @DSquared and @mickeyfan5534--in the roster. So, when the game starts back up again, I'll only allow the first six to sign up.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
All right, people, I think it's almost time...

See, I've heard that @Matt7187 was planning to a competition after SA, and at first, I feared that it would interfere with my plans to do LoD in the fall. But, luckily, my good friend @TheOriginalTiki advised me this...I will wait until the third or fourth elimination in Matt's game to do this game.

Oh, and a word for the four who already signed up--@Basketbuddy101, @Brer Panther, @DSquared and @mickeyfan5534--since you've already signed up, when sign-ups start back up again, you'll automatically be on the roster.

So, if you're up for the challenge, League of Dreamers: A New Beginning will be starting up sometime in September. I'll revitalize the thread when the third or fourth elimination. So, until then, see ya soon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom