Are there Resort-to-Resort Shuttles?

SQLAgent

Original Poster
Hi I'm flying into Orlando and will be using the Magic Express whatever its called to get to my hotel (Port Orleans Riverside) from the airport. I know they have Shuttle buses from my resort hotel to the theme parks, however I want to know if the shuttles will drop you off from one resort to another resort. Basically I want to eat at California Grill at the Contemporary Resort but I don't know how to get there (walking is too far from Port Orleans) and I won't have a car. Also is there a Shuttle from my resort to Downtown Disney and back? Thanks!

disney4life2008

To get to the California Grill from PO - just take the MK bus from Port Orleans then transfer to the Monorail and get off at the Contemporary. You cant miss it because you physically go through the Contemporary. Repeat the steps to get back to your resort that evening. All disney resorts provide transportation to Downtown Disney.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
To get to the California Grill from PO - just take the MK bus from Port Orleans then transfer to the Monorail and get off at the Contemporary. You cant miss it because you physically go through the Contemporary. Repeat the steps to get back to your resort that evening. All disney resorts provide transportation to Downtown Disney.
Two other options are available as well. But, both start with "Take a bus from PORS to Magic Kingdom".

The OP could walk to Contemporary from the bus stops. It's about a 10 minute walk (but then again, it's about a 10 minute walk to board the monorail as well). The path runs along the monorail beam to the north of the bus unloading zones. So, just walk around the busses and follow the sidewalk.

OR the OP could take one of the boat launches. Blue Flag, I believe, is the one that goes to Contemporary. The boat docks will be off to the left as the OP walks towards the Monorail. If the boat is in dock, that could be faster than making it to the Monorail Station and waiting for the next ride.

One note about the Monorail, if OP does do that. There are two lines at that station. One is the Express Line, which runs between TTC and MK only, and does not stop at the resorts. The other is the Resort Line that makes the rounds but stops at the resorts. Be sure you take the resort line.

Rob562

OR the OP could take one of the boat launches. Blue Flag, I believe, is the one that goes to Contemporary. The boat docks will be off to the left as the OP walks towards the Monorail. If the boat is in dock, that could be faster than making it to the Monorail Station and waiting for the next ride.

Unless it's changed recently, the only boat service at the Contemporary is the Bay Lake shuttle route that serves the Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness. There is no direct boat route from the Contemporary to/from the MK.

-Rob

Last edited:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Unless it's changed recently, the only boat service at the Contemporary is the Bay Lake shuttle route that serves the Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness. There is no direct boat route from the Contemporary to/from the MK.

-Rob
Right, the blue flag I think...

I had forgotten that it was bay lake only though, my bad!

Jon81uk

To get back from Contempory to Port Orleans.
If it is before the Magic Kingdom closes or up to two hours after close then just walk back to MK and take the bus to POR.
If there are no more buses from MK (unlikely unless you finish dinner very late) then take a bus from Contempory to Downtown Disney and then a bus to Port Orleans (boat from DTD to POR would be closed that late at night).

Generally to go from resort to resort then go to the nearest open (or just closed) park and then go to the other resort. Or go to Downtown Disney and back to the other resort.

RonAnnArbor

Note also that the faster way is to just have one of the guys in front of POR hail you a cab and it will cost you about 8 dollars

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom