The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
A few years ago you could give your dining credits to another family at the restaurant at the same time. So fun, loved giving what was a total surprise to other people. That was a win win for both giver and receiver. Bad Disney for doing away with this, joyful for everyone.

Just amazing, isn't it??!! :banghead: Reminds me of the paper fast passes. A few years back, a nice lady gave me one for Tower of Terror, when she saw me look up at the standby line (which was 60 minutes--I actually groaned out loud :p ), and she noticed I was by myself. She ran over to me, and told me to take her ticket, because only her family wanted to go on (while she waited outside, as she was too scared to go on), so she happily gave me her Fastpass. That was also a win-win for both of us. So now, with the My Magic+ electronic fastpass fiasco, that type of neighborly, sharing situation won't take place anymore. :(

MinnieM123

Premium Member
OK. All caught up! now to catch up with my day...:oops:.

and don't knock this cooler weather! Last time I remember it being this cool around July 4th, the next thing I knew Chicago was having its historical deadly heat wave. Just moved into an apartment in Chicago, no a/c of course. You don't need it with that lake breeze.
Careful what you wish for!

Yes, I love cooler weather, too! I finally found somebody who agrees with me!!! :happy: :cat: :happy: :cool: :p :D

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I do like iced coffee, good idea. With our grandsons, going with us...we have to be in Disney in the summer. I'm usually wiped out, by evening, even after leaving at 1 P.M. Just after lunch. Maybe an extra cup of iced coffee will help in that regard. Thanks for the tips! :D

Ha! Your Grand-kid's obviously have very honorable parents. Me, not so much. I ripped them out of school for almost two decades (kids 5 grades apart) More times than not we went in mid to late October when the temps were still warm but not HOT and humid. They generally missed 12 days of school because they also missed a day or two before the trip to do all that homework before we left other wise it wasn't much of a vacation for us or them. They always did 100% of their homework and usually were farther ahead of the classroom when they got back. Both got into the Universities of their choices, both graduated college, both have jobs in their chosen fields. The gloom and doom of the catastrophic educational harm I was inflicting upon my children just didn't materialize.

We also did Christmas Break. That is when we did mornings and then evenings to beat the heavy crowds. We'd go from apx
Dec 23rd to around January 8th. They'd only miss a few days at the beginning of January because they have 2 weeks and 3 weekends over the holiday break. That second week was generally peaceful and pretty empty with cooler weather in the 70's. Just get out before Marathon Weekend.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I do like iced coffee, good idea. ! :D

I too have had tummy issues from time to time. I've found that I have to drink real brewed tea and coffee. Any of the artificially added stuff of beverages made from concentrate hurt my tummy. Not my favorite but I can drink Starbuck Coffee. I cannot drink their instant stuff. I think it is @Goofyernmost that has scouted out a few places for good ice tea.

MOXOMUMD

11401031_10207159308085575_3787856428624193654_n.jpg
We were in WalMart yesterday and there was a girl using a selfie stick to make a video of herself shopping. :facepalm:

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@Eric1955 , I was just reading (in Spirit's thread) a post from Omnispace; and he was saying how nice the Walt Disney Family Museum (San Francisco) looks. Don't know if you've ever checked out the web site, but I thought of you as I was reading through, and thought this would be right up your alley.

I know you're heading out to California for D23 this summer and probably won't have time to get to the museum with all you're doing, but I thought you might at least enjoy seeing their web site. I copied the link for you here, if you think you might like to browse through.

http://www.waltdisney.org/

Goofyernmost

I too have had tummy issues from time to time. I've found that I have to drink real brewed tea and coffee. Any of the artificially added stuff of beverages made from concentrate hurt my tummy. Not my favorite but I can drink Starbuck Coffee. I cannot drink their instant stuff. I think it is @Goofyernmost that has scouted out a few places for good ice tea.
The best thing about iced tea is that it is hard to not have good iced tea. I don't now and never have been a coffee drinker. I like the smell of it brewing, but, I just do not care for the taste, especially iced. (gag) Just plan old unsweetened, brewed, ice tea is good just about anyplace you care to look. Even McDonald's and it's only a dollar for 16 ounces with free refills. I never go on a road trip without stopping at the first McDonald's I come to and buying my on the road Iced Tea. The only down is when they only put about five ice chunks in it. I want to get out of the car and have them repeat after me 100 times... ICED TEA QUICKLY BECOMES LUKE WARM TEA WITHOUT SUFFICIENT ICE. I don't care if it dilutes the tea since tea is 99.9% water anyway. I also get upset when all I can find in the stores is lemon flavored Iced Tea. If I wanted lemonade I would buy lemonade. Rant over!

I was once a 6 to 8 can a day Pepsi drinker. I stopped that cold turkey and went to Iced Tea at least 20 years ago. I still consume probably a half or more gallon per day.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Without a comma in that second sentence, it takes on a whole new meaning...! :D ;) :)

Funniest picture I've seen all day! You always have a knack for finding the silliest, goofyest pix, that crack me up! :hilarious:

Oh, as a side note to you and @Gabe1 , this reminds me a little of Jack on Sunday mornings. Hubby makes pancakes, and Jack always gets his pancake, too--he looks a lot like this with a pancake hanging out of his mouth--because he's too much of a dork to bite it up into pieces! He prefers everything "whole"!! :rolleyes:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The best thing about iced tea is that it is hard to not have good iced tea. I don't now and never have been a coffee drinker. I like the smell of it brewing, but, I just do not care for the taste, especially iced. (gag) Just plan old unsweetened, brewed, ice tea is good just about anyplace you care to look. Even McDonald's and it's only a dollar for 16 ounces with free refills. I never go on a road trip without stopping at the first McDonald's I come to and buying my on the road Iced Tea. The only down is when they only put about five ice chunks in it. I want to get out of the car and have them repeat after me 100 times... ICED TEA QUICKLY BECOMES LUKE WARM TEA WITHOUT SUFFICIENT ICE. I don't care if it dilutes the tea since tea is 99.9% water anyway. I also get upset when all I can find in the stores is lemon flavored Iced Tea. If I wanted lemonade I would buy lemonade. Rant over!

I was once a 6 to 8 can a day Pepsi drinker. I stopped that cold turkey and went to Iced Tea at least 20 years ago. I still consume probably a half or more gallon per day.

Hmm . . . I never thought of you as being a teatotaler . . . ;) :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom