Trip Report Nothing else better go wrong... Well.. At least we are going to Disney ... But it smells like sharks

Hi! We are back! And I'm going to write my trip report this time I'm going to try to add more photos and such so it won't be all done at once but here we go..

The cast:
Me: disney fanatic over planner mom;)
Hubby: a bit grumpy but Disney lover too!
Rayne: 15 year old daughter has been to Disney more times then most adults and still loves it!
Cherish-12 been to Disney a ton but isn't a Disney expert like the rest of it. That was evident when she asked us how many parks disney has. I had to double check if she is really ours ;)
Walker 6- on his way to becoming a true Disney lover walks around singing great big beautiful tomorrow all the time ;)

Untitled by cherie billings, on Flickr

The trip; we weren't planning on doing Disney again this year. After three times within the last 18 months we had our sights set on Washington DC. But I kind of felt walker needed another year to appreciate it so Disney here we come!

Dates: 6/20-6/28

Itenerary :
6/20- Drive from texas to Quincy FL (outside of tallahasse)
6/21- Drive to Lake buena vista Staying at doubletree- what to do?? Old town? DTD? resorts?
6/22- EPCOT: reservations at nine dragons
6/23- Hollywood studios : reservation at 50's prime time ( a first for us)
6/24- Magic Kingdom : reservations at liberty tavern (we ordered a cake to celebrate Cherish's 12th bday- This was something I debated doing becasue last year we got one that was wet and frozen.. but After speaking with the cakes dept. They said they will custimize it with her name so it will be fresh for sure!
6/25- DTD reservation TREX Drive to cocoa beach, Ron Jon surf shop
6/26- Kennedy space center- drive to daytona beach
6/27- Day at the beach
6/28 drive home.

How do our best laid plains turn out? Who is Fragment? and what the heck it smells like sharks!!

wdwmom2+1

Original Poster
Day 1 : 6/20/15

We orginally were going to leave on 6/21 and drive straight through.. but after realizing we were picking up the rental car at 9am this day and Hubby is already off work.. Why not just leave.. so leave we did :)

The night before we were determined to see inside out. drove to our go to movie theater about an hour before the movie started to find it already sold out. so drove to another and we were first in line :) What a cute movie , I really liked it as did the kiddos :) and even the Hubby !

at 9am saturday morning we got the rental car -- Mini van to be exact a little dissapointed because we have lucked out recently and they have usually had tv's. this one did not but had sirius radio :) Luckilly we have portable dvd players to bring-- crisis adverted..

We were on the road by 9:30 stopped at chick fila for a quick breafest and calculated we should arrive at our dinner location at abut 5pm and our hotel at about 11pm.

The trip started great.. making good time.. having a blast :) IMG_3101 by cherie billings, on Flickr

Then we hit lousiana.. First some rain.. terriable down pour type rain.. which slowed us down and we were about 30 minutes behind schedule.. No problem.. were still ok.. Then a minor traffic jam.. about 45 min off our good time... turned out to be a truck fire... Then... Complete stand still traffic.. about an hour worth of not moving.. car in park/turned off.. sitting on the highway. Come to find out it was another truck on fire??.. luckilly no one was injured and we were back on the road now way behind schedule..

we debated on if we wanted to stop for dinner or just grab something to go... Hubby said lets stop we were stopping at Sonny's BBQ a resturant we miss from when we lived and florida and stop everytime.. Me-- mostly for the texas toast! Why is it in texas no BBQ place serves Texas toast??>>!??> only white bread? This still doesn't make sense to me but anyway we stopped.. Unfortantly this location even though it recieved 4 stars and i had read all the reviews was not the best one.. or the best location.. to say the least.. we ate quickly to get back on the road again :)

So by now its pretty late.. we are looking at an after midnight arrival time.. Bummer.. we are driving close to Pensacola Fl. when it hits! Little man needs to go pee... so we jump off the freeway pull into a station and unload everyone .. run inside to find out their bathrooms are closed.. load everyone back up and hubby says let me get gas.. but pump isn't working says see cashier.. On to the next gas station.. go in go potty.. everything is good.. but wait we try to use his card declined.. hmmm.. we know our bank is good... so whats the deal.. try my card works..

So I call the bank (since he is now driving) They say they locked his account because we were using it from another state.. ok we travel like crazy.. during Cherish's gymnastics meet season we travel almost every weekend.. we have made many trips to many places even my hubby traveling to Canada.. Never had this happend.. So what do we need to do? Well the bank says they need to call us on our phone number on file to verify its us.. well luckilly that phone is located back in Texas... Next step then.. we can email or fax.. a copy of his debit card and drivers liscence... so we do that... call back.. No wait also need another form of ID.. so we do it again with his social security card.. which none of this seems to protective and safe to me... emailing all this info because they are scared of fraud on our card! I said maybe we should email a picture of him holding his card and drivers liscence.. lol..

So after about 40 min. his card is unlocked .. we asked do we need ot mark the account as we are traveling.. They say no. they no longer require that and we are good to go..

But now we are still nervous.. how will we rely on the cards when they just randomly block them.?!?? boy was I stressed when we pulled into our hotel at 2:30 am.... What else can go wrong?? Hopefully Nothing else.. but at least we are headed to DISNEY WORLD!!

Hopped in bed hoping to catch up on sleep so we are ready to go in the morning...

PS-- I just realized I used way to many smiley faces... I will work on that

wdwmom2+1

Original Poster
6/21/2015
(I should be unpacking, doing laundry, cleaning.. but instead i'm reminiscing about our trip.. so I figured I might as well do one more post for today!)

We woke up.. way earlier then expected thanks to a little man who only likes to sleep in when we have to be up early... We got breakfest at the hotel and hit the road. We were up in the air about this day to begin with.. As I mentioned I am a planner.. so is Rayne.. but, i was trying to be a little more spontanous.. Then two days before the trip me and hubby were talking and he kept asking what I had planned for this day?!?! SO I tried to semi plan. I knew we wanted to try to stop by UF because Cherish's dream is to do gymnastics for them, but once we got to orlando area. I kinda wanted to visit old town? (Haven't been in years but used to go EVERY trip.. Until about 10 years ago. and haven't been since.. I had several childhood memories there and was feeling nostaligic) or we also love visiting the resorts, espcially the polynesion since we were married there... the one thing I tried to plan, dinner at the beachs & cream I could NOT make happen. BuMmEr....

So, we start our drive out smooth sailing.. the road is open and clear... wait .. wait don't tell me.. thats stopped traffic??!??!? so here we were stopped for about 45 min to guess what a car fire?!?! what is going on with all these fires! THen were back on the road. I am feeling good, The worry of our cards still in the back of my mind (what if they both stop working , what if we have to waste hours of our vacation sorting this out...- OK stop worrying keep driving)

We make it to UF around lunch, Hit up chiptole then explore the campus. Had fun trying on the shirts:
IMG_3094 by cherie billings, on Flickr

Posing by the National championship girls gymnastics tshirt (Every shirt Cherish wanted they did not have in her size :( )
IMG_3096 by cherie billings, on Flickr

And finally what's better then teasing dad.. who was a bit "grumpy" seeing that he is a die hard UM fan!
IMG_3098 by cherie billings, on Flickr

AFter about an hour or so of exploring and shopping we were on the road again. Hotel bound! We pulled up to the doubletree lake buena vista about 3pm. I miss staying on property so much up until about 2011 we always stayed at a value resort. Once little man was too big for the pack and play we had to look for the alternative.. it's hard to validate the spending when we literally just sleep at the hotel. to get a big enough room at a resort when with my discount I can usualy score a doubletree suite for under a 100 a night! So here we are...

IMG_3103 by cherie billings, on Flickr

Love driving through those gates!!! We moved from Florida in 2007, before then we went to Disney at least 5 or more times most years... And everytime I still get misty eyed diving through these gates :)

Checked in, unpacked , now what? I always like to buy my tickets before getting to the parks, and didn't want to buy them a head on line after a horrible experienc one of the last times. SO, I went down to our hotel desk , they sell them but with a 10$ each ticket convience fee. So we decided we would go to dinner and swing by DTD to pick them up.

Dinner was Crispers... a resturant owned by publix... If you live by a publix please realize how lucky you are :) WE didn't until we moved away from publix! Anyway we ended up here and it was good as usual but the place was dead and I felt kinda bad for them not a good sign as we were the only in the whole resturant and they were out of a few things we wanted!

Then we head to DTD--- or we plan. WOAH THe construction is CRAZY in that area. I had no clue but boy we were stuck in traffic (this seems to be a theme here..) for about 45 min I was getting very nervous as our tank of gas was very low... and it seemed impossable to get anywhere. After missing out turning right to park across the street I got over thinking thats where we needed to be... Nope now we needed to be in the left lane to turn into the new garage.. well we missed that so spur of the moment decsion.. lets go to the POP!

So many memories here~ LOVE this place and the atmosphere! SO we got there (I was a little nervous about the guard letting us go through.. but no problem there) hopped out and felt right at home! IMG_3111 by cherie billings, on Flickr

Now My next nervous part was to use my card for the tickets, we were buying a 3 day pass for 5 of us.. this would really challange my bank.. lol so I went and did that while hubby took the kids to try some hula hooping and dancing and he even got a happy fathers day sticker IMG_3130 by cherie billings, on Flickr

Card worked! Now to sit down and do fast passes! We got all we wanted excpet the mine train but we already knew that wouldn't be happening! IMG_3113 by cherie billings, on Flickr

The kids wanted to do the arcade. We had spent much time here in the past and was excited to play again.. We did however miss the prize redemetions they used to have there!
IMG_3120 by cherie billings, on Flickr

IMG_3120 by cherie billings, on Flickr

Then the kids really wanted some tie dye cheesecake.. another fond memory for us.. but when we saw the price of about 4$ each and they were no longer slices they were small cups.. we opted to not get dessert.. It was about 9 and we were heading back to the hotel to get some sleep before heading to EPCOT tomorrow.. So NO old town or DTD and only resort but a fun time anyway ;)

Up NEXT.. EPCOT.. Fragment... thigment,.. thinmint... oh FIGMENT!!!

wdwmom2+1

Original Poster
6/22/15- EPCOT

This morning EPCOT opened at 9am so we were up bright and early and headed to our bus stop at about 7:50. At the Double tree busses come starting an hour before the park opens until about 90 min after they close.they also pick up at all the parks at 15 and 55 after. We had No problems with the buses so that was a good thing :)

Anyway the bus shows up and here we go.. Get to EPCOT before the park opens. We had fast passes for Soarin, Nemo & Spaceship Earth. So knew we were going to run to Test Track.
IMG_5121 by cherie billings, on Flickr

As soon as the rope drop came we were off.. Got to Test Track and only waited about 15 minutes! Great way to start the day!! Even though on the ride it didn't look like it was showing the right cars for either us or our daughters?!? Not sure about the single rider with us.

a picture of the dudes in their jurrasic park/world shirts:
IMG_5126 by cherie billings, on Flickr

and a rare pic with me in it since I am usually the photographer:
IMG_5129 by cherie billings, on Flickr

Now a little note about Walker.. he is the bravest of all our kids .. in a way.. When he was like 4 he forced the girls to ride on splash mountain.. Neither had ever been on it because they were so scared even though they were 14 and 10... He also couldn't wait for this trip to go on tower of terror and space mountain. Thats all he talked about for months...

So it was a little perplexing when we got to spaceship earth and Walker started getting nervous?? He has rode this ride so many times why would he be nervous? But we got him on it and had fun :
IMG_5124 by cherie billings, on Flickr

After Universe of Energy (another one he was at first scared of??) and Nemo - Which my kiddos were a bit dissapointed as on many of these types of rides Walker likes to ride with the girls and since Rayne is old enough they usually have no problem , but on Nemo they said kids under 7 had to be with an adult? is this new?? as no other ride had this requirement?
IMG_5192 by cherie billings, on Flickr

We also did living with the land... several times as walker LOVES this ride!
IMG_5145 by cherie billings, on Flickr

Then we head to imagination... Walker is nervous again... why? He has been on it and was fine every other trip.. Nope he's nervous.. doesn't want to sit in the ride seat with the girls but we still go on it.. At the end he says that was good I like Thigment... Rayne is like what Thinmint??? And Walker is like No THIGment... Cherish chimes in come on Walker thats not his name his name is fragment... so we took the next several mintues so my hubby, Rayne and I can teach them both his name is figment... So for the rest of the trip he was known as : thigment, thinmint or fragment :)
IMG_5146 by cherie billings, on Flickr

We then visited all the countries. Just for a quick pop in to the store and a picture in each country. When we got to the America area we wanted a snack. So Hubby and the two littles park down on a shady bench and Rayne and & I head off. She picks the green tea ice cream in Japan and I just so happened to have exact cash so I paid cash . then we go to get elephant ears and ice cream for hubby & I and walker and Cherish to share.. so the lady tries my card, again and again.. types in the numbers then says. "My machine doesn't accept your card"????????? I said is it declined or whats wrong. SHe never really answered. She just said we don't take that card. It is a disney visa card. its my bank card. I have never had a problem before.. so of course I am now worried that my card is blocked.... After we eat our snacks.. I head to the kiosk where Rayne got her ice cream.. get a water bottle and my card worked just fine. Thank goodness!!! So I still really don't know why my card wouldn't work there.. I did just pay with cash so we got our yummy snack but still strange!

We miss Maelstorm... Rayne used to always be scared of it because .. well my girls are chickens and she always rememebered the hill being gigantically big.. like splash mountain big..lol.. so last time we went she freaked cherish and Walker out before hand.. luckilly they all realized it was just a little hill and a lot of fun so it was missed this year

IMG_5167 by cherie billings, on Flickr just a random pic as we were exploring the countries another rare pic with me in it!

After heading around all the countries and riding the boat ride in Mexico many times we took our tradtional somberaro pics :) (I think Rayne thinks she getting a little too old for this.. but We have them with her and all of the kids every single trip since they were babies... so no stopping now :)

IMG_5182 by cherie billings, on Flickr

and now we had completed everything except soarin (our fast pass was at 7) and our dining reservation was about 2 hours a way.We decided to see if we could eat a little earlier. So we went on the app picked an earlier time and were able to get get checked right in. I was concerened a little since I couldn't cancel the intial later reservation but they took care of it no problem at the resturant.

IMG_5183 by cherie billings, on Flickr

When in EPCOT we used to only eat in Italy, Then we started eating in Mexico and then last trip tried the Nine Dragons. I remember it being way better the first time.. Nothing was wrong it was still yummy just not as exciting as the first time we ate there. but regarless we enjoyed our meal time to head back out into the hot sun.

As we were walking back through the countries there was a massive Bird Frenzy... like I felt like I was in the movie BIRDS.. they were everywhere.. squaking flying around. Circling the area. Kind of crazy and not sure why it was like this. The picture doesn't give it justice... they were screeching and making all these noises it was very crazy!

IMG_5176 by cherie billings, on Flickr

Went by the tasting center, Walker tried a few liked them so we got him to try Beverly. He did NOT enjoy that one. Said it reminded of him of the white antibiotics he had to take awhile back...
IMG_5136 by cherie billings, on Flickr

Road a few more rides again: Nemo, living with the land and of course the girls wanted to go see thigment, thinmint or fragment. Walker was not actually excited.He even tried to get out of riding by saying he had to go to the bathroom.. but off him and dad went and then we rode when they were done :) He says he doesn't like the explosion at the end. He also doesn't like the skunk smell.. He is very sensitive to smells.. and started the ride out holding his nose before it even started..
IMG_5197 by cherie billings, on Flickr

We did our visa chase card picture. Nice to get this especially since this trip we didn't really see too many charcters. The kids don't like standing in the lines to see charcters especially outside lines.. and no one really wants to see the princess charcters.. but we do tease walker because when he was little like 2 he walked up to the princess took her hand and kissed her on the cheek (cinderalla) then last time Sleeping beauty kissed his cheeck and left her lipstick mark.. at the time he woudlnt' wash it off.. now not so much so we always ask him if he wants princess kisses.. the answer is always NO :)
IMG_5191 by cherie billings, on Flickr

Lastly we hit Soarin which is a great ride as usual. We tried to see if we could get another fast pass for Test Track but no luck and the wait was about 40 minutes so we decided to just call it a day. so we headed out of the park back to our bus stop. Had to wait just a short time and before we knew it we were headed back to the hotel...

A great day at EPCOT. Probably the hottest day of the trip but not unbearable.. we got to ride every ride some multiple times! longest wait was about 15-20 min. Explored all the countries and did some shopping. the only thing I wished we hadn't missed was the voices of liberty they are my fav and beautiful!!
EPCOT is by far one of my fav parks! Mostly for my nostaligic memories .. I still remember being about 8-9 coming for the first time and getting splashed by the jumping waters, being amazed by actually visiting china!! and just I have always had a special place in my heart for EPCOT!

Next up: Hollywood studios.. Walker is so excited and all he talks about is Tower of terror!! Will he ride it??

Last edited:

wdwmom2+1

Original Poster
6/23/15- Hollywood Studios!

First a few things I need to start out telling you so you'll understand some of the events of today! First my girls are very shy and quiet. Rayne has started to grow out of it a bit now that shes older but Cherish is still in the freeze up and whisper an answer if someone talks to her. My hubby and I are also a little shy which is where they get it.

So this trip when we decided to depart from our standby sci fi dining experience and try the 50's prime time cafe , none of us had a clue what that would entail :) the girls looked up videos on youtube and saw someone being made to do the teapot dance.. so the whole time they kept worrying about having to do it.. at one point I saw Cherish teaching both Walker and Rayne the Teapot dance ... Just in case!

Also I must say my fond memories of "MGM" are just as they are with EPCOT. I was raised in FLorida and we visited these theme parks so much espeically througout the 80's -90's as I was a child. That I think back to many of these memeroies and while I love a lot of the upgrades and changes and am excited for the future of these parks.. I do miss some of what used to be... I remember distinctly all the audience interactions we had at "MGM" my grandpa was picked to do the monster sounds, he also was in another show on the walking tour (I can't remember) , MY mom got to get the water dumped on her in the battleship, a friend and I got to ride on the big bee for the Honey I shrunk the kids set, Just to name a few. I also loved seeing the real life animation studio etc. This leads me into saying that we have alwasy thought of DHS as a full day park.. Last time this was the only park we stayed from open to close...

But the night before we were looking over the map and Hubby was saying.. DO you want to change our dinning earlier? (we had it for 4:50) He was thinking what were we gonna do in the park until 4:50? So we changed it to 3. He also suggested since the kids wanted to go swimming so bad that maybe we leave the park after we finish everything and head to the hotel and swim so that was our plan..
SO here we go....

Up bright and early once again and at the bus stop to get to the park. We got there before gate dropping but by the time we got in the park was already busy.. we rushed over to toy story as this was another we couldnt get a fast pass for. the wait was already about 30 min. SO in line we went, Probably only the 2-3rd time we've ever had to wait wihtout using a fast pass, With the old system we would run over as soon as park opened to get our fast passes :) We love this ride and had a blast in line and on the ride. In line Walker was trying to yell at Mr. Potato head to take his ear off?? I guess he heard that this can happen but no such luck today!
IMG_5206 by cherie billings, on Flickr

and once on the ride...
IMG_5207 by cherie billings, on Flickr

and

IMG_5208 by cherie billings, on Flickr

Dad did ride but he got stuck alone.. as happens quite often someone gets stuck alone in a family of 5 :)

Next we had a fast pass for the great movie ride. We LOVE this ride but Walker had been nervous before we even left about the "bad guy" we tried to explain how they were actors and such but he did not want to go on it! We carried him on and when we got on we got the seat right behind the driver!! Rayne was in first then CHerish then walker me and my hubby. the girls were so excited this was our first time so close to the action.. Walker not so much.. The actors did great, as usual. the MObster girl even said to Rayne "what you lookin at" The kids loved it and even though a little scared Walker came off happy like it but did NOT want to go again ;) On our way out we ran into Pluto
IMG_5210 by cherie billings, on Flickr

Next up was Star tours. the kids love this one too last trip we did about 6 rides in a row! WAlker even got to be the spy.. Well for whatever reason Walker was nervous for this to... I 'm thinking What?!?!? what happend to my brave little man?? after some tears and me carrying him on and making him go. He said he enjoyed it.. but didn't want to ride again?!!? He did like that Cherish got to be the spy this time though :) we assured him he will go again as we had plains to get another fast pass later and ride several more times.

IMG_5218 by cherie billings, on Flickr

Next up- Muppet 3D .. Cherish didn't really want to go in to se ethis.. as she feels its kinda boring.. but we went and enjoyed it except the man who sat next to my hubby who played a game on his super bright smart phone the entire time.

We then headed over to use our fast passes at the Motor lights show. we have seen it several times too and it was hot... and steamy but we went and watched. On the way out we ran into these guys! IMG_5225 by cherie billings, on Flickr

Next up this guy! We have been trying to see him for so long.. and finally got lucky!
IMG_5230 by cherie billings, on Flickr

Dinner time! the kids were nervous.. kept asking questions about their elbows on the table etc.. walker was trying to clarify which part of his arm was allowed :) we were seated but a not to happy hostess.. well we actually seated ourselves :) we were sitting in the living room resting and she called our name.. I asked hubby is that our name? He couldnt' tell.. it was loud and she had an accident then she came closer to the room we were in and was yelling loudly and sounded not to happy we then realized yes it was us. When we walked up she said I have been calling you. Here you take the crayons and you take the menus and go sit over there.. Maybe this was part of the acting but it seemed a little like she was fustrated with us either way here we are...

Waitress came over and was terrific.. she had fun with us :) Making fun of how much tea I drink and giving the hubby a hard time. but she never overdid it and we enjoyed the food and the atmosphere.. The funniest part is walker ordered the chicken pot pie.. which cherish and myself also ordered.. he wasn't as thrilled as we were.. so he wasn't really eating. She told him he couldn't get a desert and he cried.. she then asked him to eat two more peas and he could get it to which he happily did :) rayne had the brownie sundae.. looked good . me and hubby shared the pinnapple upside down cake. it was yummy but very small!
IMG_5237 by cherie billings, on Flickr

When looking at the pics I remembered the other strange thing was the employee meeting that happened right behind us, it lasted most of our meal. Nothing bad just different... IMG_5240 by cherie billings, on Flickr

Next up back to the animation studios We really wanted to see Baymax.. so we waited in line.. this was probably the longest line of the whole trip.. but we survived.. the girls went and sat on a bench somewhere inside while we waited with little man
IMG_5259 by cherie billings, on Flickr

We were then wanting to do Rockin rollercoaster and tower of terror.. then Walker decided NOWAY was he doing tower of terror.. I had no problem making him do great movie ride and star wars.. because he had done them before and I knew he would be ok. For Tower of Terror it would be just him and dad.. I am not fond of this ride and we made the girls try it last year at 14 and 10 and said they had to at least try once and then didn't have to go back on so they were opting out.. SO no Tower of terror for little man.. ROckin had like a 70-80 min wait.. no one felt like waiting.. we did go back to the fast pass machine . None available for the times we were going to be in the park (only late) So we got one at star tours.

Went to star tours rode once in standbye, then back on with fast pass, then back on with standby.. Lots of fun .. Little man enjoyed it.

We then figured we would head back to the hotel to get some swimming in . But as we were leaving the park.. the skies started to look like this .. IMG_5260 by cherie billings, on Flickr

IMG_5262 by cherie billings, on Flickr

which resulted in no swimming for us ! but an interesting thing! we got back to hotel and decided to go and explore (me and the girls.. ) so we went down to the store that sold snacks and such .. looked around then went to the autorized disney store in our hotel. We met the cutest older man! He worked there and came right up talking to the girls and asking where we were form then he proceded to tell us all his world famous tips for the magic kingdom.. We didn't have the heart to tell him we were disney experts .. so after about 30 min we headed back to our room. we did grab some snacks.

WE hung out .. watched ninja warrior, played old maid until it was bedtime In all it was a fun day! we will for sure be eating at the 50's prime time cafe more often!! :) NEXT UP MAGIC KINDOM

wdwmom2+1

Original Poster
6/24- Magic Kingdom

We were up even earlier today since Magic kingdom opened at 8 we wanted to be on the bus by 7. We noticed right away that Cherish and Dad would be rivals today :) IMG_3159 by cherie billings, on Flickr

We got to disney and as we were boarding the boat ride from the ticket center (where our bus drops us off) We could see the welcome show going on so we werent' there right at opening as we would have liked but we still had a plan to run over to the Mine Train.

IMG_5271 by cherie billings, on Flickr

The castle on our run over to the mine train.. IMG_5276 by cherie billings, on Flickr

We got there and the wait time posted 30 min so of course we were going to do it! It was actually closer to a 15-20 min wait. We were very happy to wait that and walker was showing off his Tim Tracker shirt.. (Walker loves youtube videos , he follows mostly kids like evantube and skylanderboy/girl but somehow along the way he found time tracker... Tim tracker is someone who lives in orlando and goes to the theme parks and makes videos and we love him now as well! So of course Walker needed a shirt! He was quite disapointed that we missed seeing tim in the park by just a couple days on eithe rside of our trip! He would have treasured a picture with him more then one with Mickey!)
IMG_3167 by cherie billings, on Flickr

Before the trip Cherish and I read one of the disney secrets book. Even though we knew a lot of them (Or perhaps I did..) She was excited to try to find some of the ones she read about.. one was Mr. Toad handing the deed over to Pooh. I had shown her a ride video of Mr. toad's ride and she has ridden on the one in DL. SO on pooh she was happy to see it!
IMG_5279 by cherie billings, on Flickr

After pooh we headed over The race cars.. Usually Cherish and Rayne drive to gether with Cherish doing all of the driving.. Rayne who is turning 16 in august has NO instrest in driving.. not even at Disneyworld. Then Walker will choose me or dad and the other will drive alone. We decided though that Rayne is old enough so she needed to drive. So this is her first time driving alone at WDW :) She did great.. Cherish who rode with me on the hand was a bit.. wild. And walker did good even though he could hardley see over the steering wheel.

Rayne alone: IMG_5289 by cherie billings, on Flickr

Get off the road.. Cherish is driving .. IMG_5287 by cherie billings, on Flickr

and little man with dad: IMG_5290 by cherie billings, on Flickr

After that we headed to Dumbo and goofy's rollercoaster. None of thee rides had any wait so far! On goofy walker asked to sit with Rayne! so we let him.. aside from Cherish being upset bc she is for sure the more motherly child she had fun riding with me :) (well except she was worried walker would fall out and Rayne wouldn't hold on to him good enough..)
IMG_5294 by cherie billings, on Flickr

Next up little mermaid. To which walker rode with the girls. (which surprised me because at Nemo we were told he had to be with an adult.. but nothing was said here) Then we headed to tomorrowland. DId a walk on for buzz (again probably one of the only times we could remember doing standbye.. and it was a LONG standby line..) sign posted 30 min more like 45+. Then we did the astro-orbiter. Walker was nervous at first. but loved it once we got up there! He rode with me, the girls rode together and dad alone:
IMG_5327 by cherie billings, on Flickr

IMG_5329 by cherie billings, on Flickr

We then were just about time for space mountain.. I had doubts if walker would actually go. He is all for all the rollercoasters but he DID NOT want to sit alone. And the girls did not make it any better because they were both so worried about him ridding alone. They were both a bit older when they rode the first time around probably 8-12ish. so we didn't make him. We had fast passes so asked about child swap, which we've done all the time but never with fast passes . They said since he was tall enough he could go through the line with us.. HE was not happy about that.. he was so nervous he would have to go on it. He was pleasently surprised that we actually did the child swap.. I do kinda wished he wouldve gone on it! he is still my most thrill seeking kiddo.. and I think he wouldve liked it especially as I saw all the princesses get off happily smiling who were about his age.. but its ok.. there is always next time :)

Then we told the girls we would come back for the laugh floor(More on this later...) and the people mover and carasoul of progress and we headed towards Frontier land for our Thunder mountain fastpass. Loved this ride as usual. Walker kept his hands up the whole time and we all had fun! Next we went to the haunted mansion. another ride that was way longer then posted wait of 20 min. and it hot.. but cherish still gave her little bro a piggy back ride..
IMG_5343 by cherie billings, on Flickr

The kids rode together then we went to watch the presidents. Next up we went to country bears. Where a big fit happened.. The girls wanted to sit closer to the front and Walker cried he thought it would be too loud and he was a bit scared for some reason.. but we sat in the front even with him fussing it would be too loud.. and it wasn't and he was fine and enjoyed the show!

Next up Was lunch time at Liberty tavern. Liberty tavern is very special to us! We ate there for the first time on our first trip with Rayne. it was on christmas day and we got lucky to score a spot and loved their food. WE then went back every trip for the charcter dining meal there. even at our wedding with our whole wedding party we ate there.. We ate there after 9/11 when we were one of the only people in the resturant because the park was so empty. it was just special but after they quit doing the charcter dining we haven't been back in awhile. so we were excited. We were excited because we also ordered a cake for Cherish's birthday..

About the cake... Last year when we came on her actual birthday we preordered a cake for our meal at the crystal palace.. we ended up being VERY dissapointed as the cake was clearly frozen and was still sort of frozen and wet on the inside.. So I wasn't going to order one this year. but I decided to ask if they are all frozen. I was told no it shouldn't have been frozen but they probably just grabbed a frozen one. It was suggested to have it personalized HB Cherish so that it would for sure be fresh. So we did that and were excited the kids had no clue and we sat down for lunch.

AFter our order was in the waitress comes over and whispers to me what cake do you want vanilla or chocolate. I whispered back it was vanilla but should already be there and personalized. and she said let me check. Now cherish was all like what was that... (rayne heard.. so she now knew.. but thats ok) so we made something up to cherish about the bill.. Hoping she bought it but could tell she was skeptical... Next the waitress comes back now iwth the order form. she said it doesn't say anything about personalized on here right then I point to where it says HB Cherish and that the customoer does nOT want a frozen cake.. she said ok let me go see. Now cherish knew something was up and kept asking and was getting upset because she felt it was all so strange.. Then the waitress comes back and says they found it. I then went to the restroom and cherish and rayne came . Cherish then told Rayne that she knews she was getting a cake and had heard the waitress etc. (I didn't know this at the time...)

After we ate the cake was brought out and it was nicely done and cherish still enjoyed the spectacle even with her now knowing.. IMG_5353 by cherie billings, on Flickr

Now the test was to taste it. It was NOT frozen and it was fresh but... it was very distinctly tasted like Lemon... Not vanilla.. The bad thing was that 3 out of 5 of us do not like lemon flavoring at all. Walker took one bite and wouldn't eat any more. CHerish ate some of hers but asked why I got lemon that I Knwo she doesn't like lemon and I didn't really like it either. When waitress came and asked why it was not eaten on 3 out of 5 peoples plates we did mention it was very lemony.. SHe just brought a box in case we wanted to pack it up..

Now I am not a complainer and the cake was only 23$.. but I was a bit dissapointed for the second year in a row.. I did email the cake people at a later time (the next day) and explained the whole situation (I had also now learned that Cherish knew about the surprise) To which I just got a reply that she checked and it was for sure not lemon and that people have different tastes and that was why we didn't like their version of vanialla.. She also forwarded it to the manager at liberty. I was letting him know I was not mad at the waitress.. she tried to be discreet.. I just found it strange that they were telling me it wasn't on the order form until I pointed it out and it even came to that.. He did eventually say he would call to personally apologize but it was when we were already at the beach or the day we were driving home and I was not available on the phone. I was just kind of disspointed by disney on this one.. but life goes on :)

After lunch we did our peter pan fast pass. and it's a small world. great as usual. :) Then headed over to the jungle cruise.. another line that posted a 20min wait more like 45+ but we waited.. and enjoyed our skipper and our ride! Then road the carpet rides.. where in line they had to tell one lady about 15 times she could NOT have her selfie stick out on ride... she just didn't get it.. IMG_5360 by cherie billings, on Flickr

It started drizzling so we went and checked for fast passes.. None left for thunder or splash mountain.. so we headed to mickey's phillarharmonic.. TO which walker flipped out.. he did not want to go was very upset.. he cried through most of the line.. Only to watch the show and love it like usual. So strange for him to keep being scared of "movies" .. THen we rode the carasoul and tried our hand at the sword in the stone..

look at these GUNS>..
IMG_5378 by cherie billings, on Flickr

can he do it?

IMG_5380 by cherie billings, on Flickr

Then... We went to COP. To leave singing "it's a great big beautiful tomorrow.... " Next up people mover (which we actually had to wait in a little line because it went down or they weren't letting people on for about 10 min)

IMG_5383 by cherie billings, on Flickr

Next up(dont know why it keeps changing my font but i'm gonna go with it..) THE LAUGHT FLOOR!! Now my girls as I have mentioned are painfully shy and they both dread the laugh floor .. Especially Rayne.. but it is Walker's favorite!! Rayne kept saying she would sit on the floor or get up and leave if they called on her.. to be honest I am always a little nervous too.. but they were very very nervous.. of being "that guy" or another one of their jokes! WAlker on the other hands wants to be called on and is dissapointed he doesn't get called on.. We went,,laughed.. and no none of us were called on .. WHEW....

We now headed over to get our DOLE WHIPS>> you didn't think we'd come all the way to the Magic Kingdom and not get a dole whip :) IMG_3183 by cherie billings, on Flickr

The park was open till 1am.. but we weren't going to be doing that.. it was after 9.. I had looked and thunder and splash(the only thing we have yet to do that we wanted to do.. ) were both only a 20min or so wait... but no one was too intrested beside me and cherish.. so we decided to head back to the hotel.

All in all it was a great day.. As always Magic Kingdom is such a great day. We were happy to have minimal lines and got to enjoy every attratction we really wanted to. Someone had extra fun ....

on the bus ride:
IMG_3185 by cherie billings, on Flickr

Next up: DTD/ Kennedy space center..

fractal

Sounds like a great day in Magic Kingdom! Nice job with the photos, especially like the Astro Orbitor ones. As I was reading the part about the 20min waits at Splash and BTMRR I was thinking "I'll GO"!!!. :D

wdwmom2+1

Original Poster
Sounds like a great day in Magic Kingdom! Nice job with the photos, especially like the Astro Orbitor ones. As I was reading the part about the 20min waits at Splash and BTMRR I was thinking "I'll GO"!!!. :D

LOL.. I know I can do the parks open to close... but hubby and Rayne are not as enthusiastic once they get tired... I swear next time I will stay with the kiddos who want to.. and send the others back to the hotel :)

wdwmom2+1

Original Poster

Also thanks about the pictures :) I am also jealous of some of the great photography I see, especially on these boards. We have a super expensive camera and I have yet to have adequete time to "figure " it out.. SO I just point and shoot... someday I will learn more about photography :)

DisSplash

I am enjoying your report! It looks like you all had a great time at the Parks! I especially love the photos of your kids on the Living with the Land attraction ... Super cute and definitely a framer IMO.:)

I am amazed at your patience with the traffic and other little frustrations at the beginning of your trip, but it looks as if you were able to put it all in perspective and enjoy yourselves despite those minor setbacks!! Nothing the magic of being at Disney can't fix, right? I will say I was a bit surprised about the birthday cake mistake (second year in a row and all), but again, you guys didn't let it get you down too much! I am guessing you won't be ordering a cake next time? ;)

As for your little one being more skittish this year, we went through the same thing with both of our kids - they were pretty courageous and willing to try anything at a younger age, but right around 5 or 6 they morphed into the extreme example of cautiousness. Luckily they aged out of that in a year or two! My son (now 11) is a coaster fanatic, and my daughter (now 8) is working her way there!

wdwmom2+1

Original Poster
Thanks ! I am happy to hear my little guy is not the only one who hsa gone through this "phase" (the girls were always scardy cats.. lol ) Hoping by our next trip he has grown out of it a bit!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom