Watch face add on coming for magic bands

MissM

Original Poster
Just saw this in the Disney Parks blog:

NPM758961-613x473.jpg

Time For MagicSliders
One of the more popularly requested accessories for MagicBands at Walt Disney World Resort is a watch. I’m happy to report there will be two MagicSlider timepieces coming this summer – a Minnie Mouse analog timepiece and one with a digital display.

Source: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...handise-coming-to-disney-parks-later-in-2015/

No specific timeframe is given, just "later this year."

MissM

Original Poster

anchorman314

I don't think I could wear one of these. From the picture, it looks like the sliders need to stay on the side of the band. I usually wear a watch, so having the Mickey head rest on top of my wrist just felt normal. But having the Mickey head on top and a large-ish watch face on the side? No thank you.

MissM

Original Poster
I don't think I could wear one of these. From the picture, it looks like the sliders need to stay on the side of the band. I usually wear a watch, so having the Mickey head rest on top of my wrist just felt normal. But having the Mickey head on top and a large-ish watch face on the side? No thank you.
I agree. It's an awkward set up.

HolleBolleGijs

I've yet to use a Magic Band, but how uncomfortable would it be to actually wear on your wrist sideways, so that the watch face is on the top of your wrist, and the mickey head is on the outside of your wrist? I feel like it would almost be easier to scan that way...

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I've yet to use a Magic Band, but how uncomfortable would it be to actually wear on your wrist sideways, so that the watch face is on the top of your wrist, and the mickey head is on the outside of your wrist? I feel like it would almost be easier to scan that way...
My band always flops to the side a bit anyways until it's "broken in." If you've ever worn a new leather watch band, you'll know what I'm talking about. It takes some time for the band to naturally curve with the contours of your wrist.

anchorman314

It's not completely uncomfortable. The portion of the band with the chips is not thin and flexible like the rest of the band. So there's a 1-2" portion that is thicker than the rest. If your wrist bone happens to be particularly large, you might find it uncomfortable.

JIMINYCR

How many kids even use a standard looking watch anymore? Reminds me of a friend who recently asked his teen aged daughter what time it was. She left the room, came back in a moment later saying... the big hand is on the ## and the little hand is on the ##. She had no idea how to read the time off a clock face. She had been relying on digital clocks for so long for the time.

RonAnnArbor

These were out in the parks last week already -- I got one for curiosity's sake, and it is, really, the single only thing that might actually get me to use the band...i.e. the ability to at least see what time it is. Otherwise, I would continue to use the key cards.

Dwarful

Well, if I were to add one I'd get the analog design because that is the type of watch I wear on a daily basis. But they seem big and clunky and I'd have to 'try it out' to see if it would be a good fit. I have a friend who wears her watch face palm side not top hand (sorry...hard to describe)....maybe that would work??? Not sure, but I might be willing to give it a try...because with FPs you have to keep track of the time.

JohnByers

That's my issue, this and a watch seem like odd, having to wear the band on my right arm because my watch on my left arm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom