Pre-Trip Keeping My Fingers Crossed for June 2016

It's time to pull out the planning binder again!!

As of right now, we have:

"We" is me, Amy, my husband,Brian, and our three kids, Logan, Lily, and Owen. Here we are from the last trip we all took together in October 2011:

We have all been since then, just not at the same time!
Owen and I went with my mom in Dec. 2012.

And Brian and I went for my 40th birthday in November 2013.

Then the kids and I went to the parks and on a cruise in June 2014 with my parents and my brother's family.

And finally, Brian and I went on a cruise and to MK last October.

We've had a lot of upheaval recently, so we are not 100% sure we will be taking this trip, but I am being optimistic at this point!! However, we are not telling the kids until we know for sure. It is killing me to not be able to openly plan this trip!!
We have booked a 5 person room at Caribbean Beach Resort June 3-11, 2016. Brian and I honeymooned in the Jamaica section back in 1998, and we are hoping to stay there again!

I know there is a lot of hate for CBR on here, but we loved it on our honeymoon and Owen and I loved the pirate rooms on our 2012 trip, so I am really excited that they finally have rooms that have queen sized beds and sleep 5!! I figure we will take advantage this time, as next time we go we will need more than 1 bathroom, and Owen will be too big to sleep in the murphy bed!

We are obviously too far out to have any set plans yet, but you better believe that I already have the whole trip planned out in my head!!! We are going to spend our arrival day at the pool, hopefully have dinner at 'Ohana, and spend the evening at Downtown Disney/Disney Springs. We will have 2 days at MK, 2 days at Epcot, 1 day at AK, 1 day at DHS, and go to Typhoon Lagoon the remaining day during the week with a possible evening in MK. I still haven't decided how to spend departure day. A lot will depend on the timing of our flight. We will likely have breakfast at 'Ohana, then do some miniature golfing before returning to the airport, but we may hit a park if time allows. Dining plans include: 'Ohana (breakfast and dinner), Crystal Palace breakfast, Akershus breakfast, Garden Grill dinner, Tusker House breakfast, Mama Melrose Fantasmic! package, and 1900 Park Fare. I believe that we will be there during Star Wars weekends. I have no desire to fight the crowds during the weekend, but I'm hoping they will have the special dining during the week again, and I will try to schedule one or both of the character dining experiences for us. I'm also hoping to try to fit in the new Adventureland Veranda restaurant at MK. Also excited that the new night show will be open at AK. I don't really care, but Lily will be excited that the new Frozen ride should be open too.
I can't wait to share the plans with you all as they get firmed up!!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Thanks! I only tried Kroger, Meijer, and Walmart. I will have to find time to look around some more!
Surprised Kroger and Walmart didn't have it. It looks like this:

Ceres_passion_fruit.jpg

The fact it's a box really throws you. I looked for it several times and ended up having to ask an employee at Publix. She didn't know, so they sent me to Customer Service, who then walked me straight to the section of the juice aisle I'd been at a few minutes before and pointed right at it. DUH!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Surprised Kroger and Walmart didn't have it. It looks like this:

Ceres_passion_fruit.jpg

The fact it's a box really throws you. I looked for it several times and ended up having to ask an employee at Publix. She didn't know, so they sent me to Customer Service, who then walked me straight to the section of the juice aisle I'd been at a few minutes before and pointed right at it. DUH!
I'll have to double check, but my husband and I both looked and didn't see it. The box thing is kinda weird!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Be strong! I promise you'll be rewarded for your patience.
^^^^ THIS! You can do it!!!!!!!!
I know, but it's soooo hard!!
Love the jar you decorated for your spare change. We save the change, but I have never decorated the jar. I am now inspired to be more creative for our next trip!
Thanks, I just used scrapbook supplies that I've had around for years because I'm too lazy to make the actual scrapbooks!:rolleyes:
Sounds like so much fun; I hope it works out for you!! And I'm relieved to see that I'm not the only one who uses a notebook or binder to keep track of Disney vacation plans! LOL
Thanks! I would be lost without my binder!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I got my notebook today that I will carry around with me during the trip to take notes for my trip report!! Love the Target dollar spot!!
DSCN3777.JPG

And...Brian has already started his new job as a school bus driver, so it is almost 100% guaranteed that we will get to go!!! Now we just have to see if we'll have to move our date back a little to accommodate the fact that his school district gets out 1 1/2 weeks after ours! It will all depend on if he remains a substitute driver for the whole year, or if he is offered a contract. I want the contract for the better pay, but I like the flexibility of being a substitute! We'll just have to see. Only 306 more days! It can't get here soon enough!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We broke the 300 day mark today. Only 299 days to go!!
We spent yesterday at Kings Island, and I was reminded why I love WDW so much! There was not much for us to do together as a family at Kings Island. We had a wonderful time, but numerous times Brian and I looked at each other and commented how we would much rather be at Disney! We were picked to be the family of the day and we got to open the park with a countdown.

They gave us t-shirts, we had a private meet and greet with Sally and Snoopy, we got free ice cream cones, they reserved us seats at Cirque Imagine (which was fantastic!), and we got to go to the front of the line on several rides first thing in the morning. It was really cool!

I was impressed with how clean the park was, as that hasn't always been the case there. It's sister park, Cedar Point, was also that way in June when we were there. I guess Matt Ouimet, who has been CEO since 2011, has made some serious changes! I was especially impressed with the Disney-esque details for their newest coaster, Banshee. First, the back story, then I'll share pics! There was a wooden coaster with a loop, Son of Beast, which opened in 2000 and had some major safety issues. They ended up removing the loop, and still had issues, so it was shuttered in 2009. The Banshee opened last year in the exact same spot, and the story is that there have been sightings of and screams heard since the start of construction of Kings Island, so they named it after the mythological female spirit, and placed a memorial for the Son of Beast in the queue. Beyond the fact that the coaster was fan-freaking-tastic, the queue really reminded me of something that could possibly be seen in a Disney park.

The memorial:

The lighting was even themed:

The station chandeliers flickered and the rest of the lighting alternated purple with the regular coloring:

Some of the track:

We stayed until the very end, just to watch the fireworks, and they were pathetic! The kids were like, "that's all!?!" Definitely can't wait to watch Wishes again!!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Well dang, it's just right around the corner now!

Kids still in the dark about it?
Very funny!!
They don't know that we are officially going, but I think they suspect because Brian slipped the other day and said something that caused them all to look at him funny. I can't remember exactly what he said, but it had to do with us not getting birthday/Christmas/anniversary presents for each other so we could save more for a trip. He shut up real quick when I gave him the stink eye, but I think Logan knows we are going. We will see!

LisaBelle

We live 20 minute from Kings Island and I completely agree with everything you said about the park. My daughter and I are always commenting on how Disney does everything better. I did not know that they choose a family of the day to open KI :eek:. Obviously I don't research KI like I do WDW. We have season passes so we don't do the "rope drop" at KI like we do at Disney. Glad that you had fun.

FlaggNL

So Brain almost ruined the surprise..... the way you described what he said I can imagine what happened whahaha a typical man thing I guess.... I absolutely would have said something similar here with such a surprise.... Last weekend I had almost the same.... We are going in October and some friends do a trip in same period and same flight but they dont know we are going... We want to see their faces on the airport when we walk in with all our bags ;) They were here saturday and I was talking about 2015 and they think we only go in 2016 so there were some strange looks but it seems I managed to talk me out of it......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom