Boardwalk Garden Rooms

plutofan15

Original Poster
Has anyone out there stayed in the Boardwalk Inn Garden Suites? We are staying there in November and was wondering if anybody had some feedback on the rooms. Thanks!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Has anyone out there stayed in the Boardwalk Inn Garden Suites? We are staying there in November and was wondering if anybody had some feedback on the rooms. Thanks!
We have stayed in the Garden Cottages and loved them!! You automatically get Concierge Club access with them as well. Loved the Club Lounge as well. We stayed in one back in December 2012. I will load the pictures for you later when I have a little more time this evening or tomorrow. The only reason we have not stated in them since is because we joined DVC In 2013. But we do plan on staying in them again because we enjoyed them so much. Also request one with a private garden. Not all of them have that but most do. 3 of them do not though and those their layout is a little different than the one we stayed in. Oh also what is nice is you have a half bath downstairs with toilet and a sink, and upstairs with the bed on the loft is the big master bath. :)

sxeensweet

Sorry I never posted the pics yet. I wish there was a way to post multiple pictures at one time to save me some time. Lol. Hoping to get them up soon. :)

HauntedMansionFLA

Not in the Garden Suites but just a plug for BW in general. It's awesome. We booked it again for our Jan trip next year but then switched to Wilderness to try something new. It was hard to switch as we love BW some much but we want to explore a bit :)
How much time does it take to walk to EPCOT and DHS? And bus to MK and DAK? Looks like a beautiful resort

sxeensweet

How much time does it take to walk to EPCOT and DHS? And bus to MK and DAK? Looks like a beautiful resort
Walk is about 10 min to Epcot. You can also take the boat that goes directly to Epcot. They have one that directly goes to Epcot , and the other that goes to all the surrounding resorts/HS, and Epcot. We mistakingly once got on the resort one from BW and it took over 45 min to get to Epcot! lol. We made sure from then on to take the right one. Lol The boat will take about the same amount of time as walking to Epcot. We never walked to HS though but drove instead because we always have our car and took our car also to MK and AK. Does not take long by car at all but cannot speak for the busses from BW. :)

Innkeeper's Club

To the OP I wanted to say the one negative about their Garden Suites is that they are a fair distance away from the Club Level lounge. When going from your room to there you need to walk outside and go up those steps to the 2nd floor where the Inn elevators are located and take the elevator to the 4th floor. Other than that there are no other negatives because the BWI CL Cast Members are great, the lounge is very nice and they even added new food offerings. I'm going back there next month and can't wait.

sxeensweet

To the OP I wanted to say the one negative about their Garden Suites is that they are a fair distance away from the Club Level lounge. When going from your room to there you need to walk outside and go up those steps to the 2nd floor where the Inn elevators are located and take the elevator to the 4th floor. Other than that there are no other negatives because the BWI CL Cast Members are great, the lounge is very nice and they even added new food offerings. I'm going back there next month and can't wait.
We just went into the main buildings side door and right up the elevator to the 2nd floor and then the other elevator (not far away) to the 4th floor. You can walk up the steps but no need as there is an elevator but each takes about the same time. We tried both. We loved the Garden Suites also but yes do agree it's a little trek to get to the Club Lounge. Lol. :)

Innkeeper's Club

We just went into the main buildings side door and right up the elevator to the 2nd floor and then the other elevator (not far away) to the 4th floor. You can walk up the steps but no need as there is an elevator but each takes about the same time. We tried both. We loved the Garden Suites also but yes do agree it's a little trek to get to the Club Lounge. Lol. :)
Ah that's right I forgot about the elevator on that side, since the rooms over there are considered to be the 1st floor.

sxeensweet

Ah that's right I forgot about the elevator on that side, since the rooms over there are considered to be the 1st floor.
Yeah you come to the stairs first so most take the stairs outside but if you keep walking they have that side door where they have the elevator that takes you to the second floor. The only bad thing you have to switch elevators but if your carrying stuff like luggage or bags is easier than the stairs. Some days we did the stairs and some the elevator. Had to mix it up a bit as we were there almost 2 weeks. Haha :)

Innkeeper's Club

Yeah you come to the stairs first so most take the stairs outside but if you keep walking they have that side door where they have the elevator that takes you to the second floor. The only bad thing you have to switch elevators but if your carrying stuff like luggage or bags is easier than the stairs. Some days we did the stairs and some the elevator. Had to mix it up a bit as we were there almost 2 weeks. Haha :)
I thought the elevator goes from the 1st floor to the 4th floor? If you remember the BWI elevator also lists the 1st floor as the "quiet pool" located on the Inn side, so you can take it from the 4th floor to the 1st floor and vice versa. I remember doing exactly that a lot of times. So why would you need to switch elevators?

sxeensweet

I thought the elevator goes from the 1st floor to the 4th floor? If you remember the BWI elevator also lists the 1st floor as the "quiet pool" located on the Inn side, so you can take it from the 4th floor to the 1st floor and vice versa. I remember doing exactly that a lot of times. So why would you need to switch elevators?
The one we took only goes to the second floor that was closest to the outside doors. You have to walk a short ways once in the second floor to go on the one to the 4th floor. They may have another one on the first floor that went all the way up to the 4th but not close to those doors. I remember getting off the elevator on the 2nd floor it was wooden floors off that one and then the one we got on to go to the 4th floor was carpeted in front of it. :)

Innkeeper's Club

The one we took only goes to the second floor that was closest to the outside doors. You have to walk a short ways once in the second floor to go on the one to the 4th floor. They may have another one on the first floor that went all the way up to the 4th but not close to those doors. :)
I can tell you for sure the elevators inside the lobby on the BWI side go to the 1st floor that leads outside to the Garden Suites and BWI quiet pool and I honestly don't know which elevator you are referring to. However when I'm back there next month it's something I will look to see where it is.

sxeensweet

I can tell you for sure the elevators inside the lobby on the BWI side go to the 1st floor that leads outside to the Garden Suites and BWI quiet pool and I honestly don't know which elevator you are referring to. However when I'm back there next month it's something I will look to see where it is.
You know when you walk in to the resort from the lobby, you take a right, pass up the bathrooms, and take another quick right. That elevator is the one we took to go down to the 1st floor to get to our room. The elevator we took on the 2nd floor to get to the 4th was not that elevator. I know we took two different ones for whatever reason. Whether one got you closer to the location of the club with less walking or something. Whatever it was I know we had good reason too. That was 2012 so my memory is not the greatest. Lol Or maybe I'm getting confused if the elevator we use to get on the boardwalk itself! Silly me if that's the case! We often visit the Boardwalk almost every trip and valet park there so maybe that's what I'm remembering wrong. Sorry for the confusion!! It's past my bedtime!! Haha! :)

Last edited:

Innkeeper's Club

You know when you walk in to the resort from the lobby, you take a right, pass up the bathrooms, and take another quick right. That elevator is the one we took to go down to the 1st floor to get to our room. The elevator we took on the 2nd floor to get to the 4th was not that elevator. I know we took two different ones for whatever reason. Whether one got you closer to the location of the club with less walking or something. Whatever it was I know we had good reason too. Haha :)
Oh now I know which elevator you are referring to. It's the one on the 2nd floor lobby that goes to the 1st floor which leads onto the Boardwalk itself. I never take because I just walk up and down the steps by the Belle Vue Lounge.

sxeensweet

Oh now I know which elevator you are referring to. It's the one on the 2nd floor lobby that goes to the 1st floor which leads onto the Boardwalk itself. I never take because I just walk up and down the steps by the Belle Vue Lounge.
Yeah that's what I was thinking of and why I just edited my post right before I got this reply. Lol My bad like I said its late. Haha :)

sxeensweet

Don't worry about it. :)
I'm going to have to go back in Oct to figure out why I was so confused thinking I took 2 elevators. Lol. I miss staying at The Boardwalk in the Garden Suite but now that we joined DVC we have been using points and would have to stay on the Villa side. We will probably do a cash stay in the Suites again in the future because I fell in love with our cottage and the Club Lounge of course. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom