The Great Disney Race- Test Challenges

DSquared

Original Poster
Ok, this is a test contest comprising of 3 challenges. I'm using this to get feedback on a specific formula of competition. This is a non ICS competition, but there will be a winner. I'm looking to get 5 competitors and 1 other judge, but if you want to compete, be one of 5(or 3) to post here by hopefully tomorrow at 11:59 pm Eastern-standard time. If we have less than 3 competitors, we'll extend to Sunday, July 5th at the same time. If you want to judge, send me a message. I'll post when we have a judge. I'm looking for this competition to go to the end of July, so tell me if that raises concerns about time.

orlando678-

Well I would like to do something but im leaving July 21 and i dont think that I will do a lot when im on a holiday hehe

DSquared

Original Poster
Well I would like to do something but im leaving July 21 and i dont think that I will do a lot when im on a holiday hehe
I just looked at the calander and I think we could finish on the 20th, and that would give 5 days per challange which is fine, since I'm working the challange around people's schedules and the SA schedule, since quite a few people are competing. And you don't have to submit the challange on the last day, so you could get it in a little early because the last challange may go on a little long

Bucfan87

So I'm new to these boards but I'm seeing a lot of these imagineering contests and they look like fun. If you could give me a brief outline of what your looking for I would love to start playing some of these.

DSquared

Original Poster
So I'm new to these boards but I'm seeing a lot of these imagineering contests and they look like fun. If you could give me a brief outline of what your looking for I would love to start playing some of these.
Well, this contest is just for fun. There's no criteria for contestants. I'm not revealing what exactly the challenges are just yet, but keep your eye on this thread, because challenge 1 should be up in the next few days. Also, this is kind of like an experiment, at each challenge's end, you guys rate the challenge on difficulty, fun, and things like that. Don't worry, these challenges are less rigorous than the ICS ones. You'll have about 5 days for each.

DSquared

Original Poster
We need at least 1 more person or 3 at most or idk, we may just do it. We also need a judge (if we don't get one, i'll do it by myself) feel free to tag some people who may be interested.

DSquared

Original Poster
Welcome competitors to The Great Disney Race. I've decided to close sign ups now, since I won't be on the site later tonight. In this challange, you will design a park and resort in 3 challenges.

DSquared

Original Poster
Challange 1: Create an opening day park. They can be in Hong Kong, Tokyo, or WDW. Some rules:

No using clones from that resort (no PotC clone in WDW)

Post any queztions

Your opening park should have 5 lands.

Theming is up to you, but sporadic theming will lose points

No budget or limitation, but keep it reasonable

Pictures, films, ect are acceptable, but you won't lose points if you just post

Judging is done by me. I judge each of your challenges out of 10 and average the score

You can clone from parks not in your resort.

This is due July 12th. Have fun.

DSquared

Original Poster
Sorry about the poor wording

Here's an example:
If I were creating a new park for WDW I could say WDW's 5th park will be Beastly Kingdom

Then, you would create the park you came up with, but without any expansions to happen later on. Those are for later.

What I meant by opening day was the state that the park is on its opening day.

DSquared

Original Poster
Yeah you can join.

Oh BTW we an have another person by the 6th

I only meant don't join on the 4rh because I need to keep track of this stuff and I was busy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom