Coronado Springs Pool Construction

HolleBolleGijs

Original Poster
Rethinking my resort choice...again :p

Looking into switching my two nights at CB to CS, but I know there is pool construction happening. We don't really intend on using the pool, but we're concerned about noise and inconvenience (we stayed at the Poly many years ago during major pool renovation. my mom said it was awful, but I don't remember it...)

How intrusive will this be, especially during the end of the renovation period? I don't want the construction to ruin the charm of the resort!

Last edited:

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I think CBR is a better resort then CS. I've read reviews where people complained about the bus schedule for the CS. I think for what you get the CBR is a great value even if it may be a tad pricier then CS.

Jahona

Never had an issue with the buses at Coronado. Usually always every 20 minutes and the bus stops were spaced reasonably. Only thing against Coronado, and this never really bothered me, is that it's a convention resort. At times you will see people in suits around the lobby.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Only thing against Coronado, and this never really bothered me, is that it's a convention resort. At times you will see people in suits around the lobby.
I heard that too. I recalled the last time I was looking for a place to stay CR, had more complaints in reviews then other WDW resorts. Granted there were plenty of glowing reviews as well, but I think the negative reviews can be telling and informative (regardless of which resort we're talking about). Reading those, I felt setting my self up for success with the CBR was better imo. YMMV and people certainly do have great Disney vacations at the CR, but I think other resorts are better geared towards families - just my $.02

Buzz2001

Correct, the rehab starts for the spa/salon/fitness center starting 7/5. I believe they are closing the quiet pool because they closed the whole building because the room rehab is going to start soon as well. It has nothing to do with the main pool.

SAV

We went as a family and everyone LOVED CSR and there were numerous things we did as a "family", so I'm not sure where any negativity about that is coming from. I never once saw a "convention" person during our stay and honestly if I did, I wouldn't care one bit. It does nothing to effect my stay.

And I take the reviews with a grain. Most times people will take time to complain, but most will not take time to write the positive reviews. So the count and ratio of positive to negative is not always telling the whole truth. If there is a consistent trend of those negative reviews and they are current, then I feel there is something to be concerned with.

CSR really felt like a Deluxe resort to me, so we were all ecstatic that we picked it over CBR.

ColoradoEquestrian

Never had an issue with the buses at Coronado. Usually always every 20 minutes and the bus stops were spaced reasonably. Only thing against Coronado, and this never really bothered me, is that it's a convention resort. At times you will see people in suits around the lobby.
We never waited long for the buses at Coronado either! Love that resort!

Scott10

In our time at CSR we have some of the best bus service on property. This could just be luck and all timing of when we arrived, but it happened on multiple trips. The benefit of those walking around in suits is that they are not boarding buses to head to the parks so it often helps getting on a bus much easier!
And I take the reviews with a grain. Most times people will take time to complain, but most will not take time to write the positive reviews. So the count and ratio of positive to negative is not always telling the whole truth. If there is a consistent trend of those negative reviews and they are current, then I feel there is something to be concerned with.
Totally agree with this statement. I have looked at reviews that give value resorts higher ratings than deluxe --- it seems to me that those who look for the positive find it and vice versa!!!

Mr Toad

It's never bothered us. Remember, the conventioneers are in their convention meetings during the day so they don't impact the pool. Lunch time may be different tho.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom