The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Progress.City

I already have stories to tell and pics to show and I've only been here in Israel for two days! But, you all probably want to see the pics first! So, here's some of the beach of the beautiful city I'm staying at called Netanya! I took these yesterday. There's a few more beach pics and pics of the "square" that leads up to the beach. I'll post those in the next message.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

MOXOMUMD

My DD applied for a position with Disney Corp. She was happy to see they offered her an interview. For this position she had to go in person vs skype. 4 days notice a day before a federal holiday. :rolleyes: No way could she get off work as a newbie-ish let alone get air fare or likely hotel for the 4th of July weekend. She had to pass on the interview. :( Disappointing.
Congratulations on the interview. Frowny face on the timing. :(

MOXOMUMD

This figurine is just creepity.

11692560_10153484601013417_6717543788934797273_n.jpg
This looks like it should be a bell.

betty rose

Progress.City

Beautiful pictures. I can't wait to hear the stories you have to tell . Looks like a very pretty place to be. Good luck on the job hunt!
The stories are a bit long, but here's some things I've learned so far. While Israel is very modern and, in many ways, looks like a country that can pass easily as an American state or European nation, I'm learning there are huge cultural differences. For example, when I opened my bank account yesterday, I learned two things: (1) all banks close by 1:00 in the afternoon and then reopen at 4:00 in the afternoon; and (2) Israelis love paperwork! The bank made me sign a whole thick book of paperwork, each and every page had to be signed! Today, I got an Israeli cell phone carrier for my iPhone and, they too, made me sign a whole thick book of papers, each and every page!

The Israeli phone company I chose included a free LG tablet PC, a Samsung Galaxy phone, 3 free regular Nokia phones, 2 golden headphones, a 64 gigabyte memory stick for my iPhone (yes, a memory stick that works on my iPhone!)... All for free (with a 3-year contract). The salesperson didn't like me using that word "free". So, I used the word "free-ish". He didn't understand the meaning of "ish" and I explained it to him and then he let me use that word. Lol. I'm getting 8GB of data a month, 1000 minutes of calling (including calls to the U.S.), AND they will install wifi in my home as part of their service plan -- all for 180 shekels a month (1 shekel = 25 cents). The funny thing about Israeli phone company contracts is that last year, the Israeli government passed a law making it illegal for a company to make a customer sign a contract that is for more than a year. Yet, every company here is breaking that law. I guess the government will need to actually start to enforce that law before the companies start honoring it?!

betty rose

The stories are a bit long, but here's some things I've learned so far. While Israel is very modern and, in many ways, looks like a country that can pass easily as an American state or European nation, I'm learning there are huge cultural differences. For example, when I opened my bank account yesterday, I learned two things: (1) all banks close by 1:00 in the afternoon and then reopen at 4:00 in the afternoon; and (2) Israelis love paperwork! The bank made me sign a whole thick book of paperwork, each and every page had to be signed! Today, I got an Israeli cell phone carrier for my iPhone and, they too, made me sign a whole thick book of papers, each and every page!

The Israeli phone company I chose included a free LG tablet PC, a Samsung Galaxy phone, 3 free regular Nokia phones, 2 golden headphones, a 64 gigabyte memory stick for my iPhone (yes, a memory stick that works on my iPhone!)... All for free (with a 3-year contract). The salesperson didn't like me using that word "free". So, I used the word "free-ish". He didn't understand the meaning of "ish" and I explained it to him and then he let me use that word. Lol. I'm getting 8GB of data a month, 1000 minutes of calling (including calls to the U.S.), AND they will install wifi in my home as part of their service plan -- all for 180 shekels a month (1 shekel = 25 cents). The funny thing about Israeli phone company contracts is that last year, the Israeli government passed a law making it illegal for a company to make a customer sign a contract that is for more than a year. Yet, every company here is breaking that law. I guess the government will need to actually start to enforce that law before the companies start honoring it?!
I like your details. Does the bank workers get the afternoon off, or do they do paperwork? Thanks for the trip report. :D

Figgy1

Premium Member
I already have stories to tell and pics to show and I've only been here in Israel for two days! But, you all probably want to see the pics first! So, here's some of the beach of the beautiful city I'm staying at called Netanya! I took these yesterday. There's a few more beach pics and pics of the "square" that leads up to the beach. I'll post those in the next message.

View attachment 99281 View attachment 99282 View attachment 99283 View attachment 99284 View attachment 99285 View attachment 99286 View attachment 99287 View attachment 99288 View attachment 99289 View attachment 99290
Thank you for sharing! They area is beautiful! Have you heard from your cats yet?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom