Honeymoon at DLP

phrog

Original Poster
We are both annual passholders and have decided to honeymoon at DLP. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Neither one of us has ever traveled out of the country.

Tinkerkelle

Enjoy!! DLP doesn't require anything like the same planning as WDW. Still using paper FP and ADRs by phone only and just up to 2 months in advance. Most people just book with the concierge on arrival, although if there's somewhere you really want, you might be best calling in advance-cafe mickey, for example, is pretty much always reservation only.
Staying onsite entitles you to 2 hours early entry and it is usually really quiet, but we go off season but still think it's nothing like the emh crowds at WDW. Booking from UK, breakfast is included and assume thid is true for US bookings-because of this most eat at the hotel before heading out. Between 8 and 9:30am the dining room in the hotel can be crazy. Mod and delux require you to wait for a table and that queue can really build and eat into the early entry time. We ask for a 7-7:30am slot and then head to park for early entry at 8am.
You can walk everywhere onsite so don't need to rely on buses but they are there if you need.
It's simple to get to and from Paris, very romantic for a honeymoon - 45mins on the RER into central Paris. The station is right beside the resort bus drop off points at the parks and you can take baggage on the DLP buses. It's easy to get around Paris on the metro (underground) and there's so much to see and do.
Winter months can be cold but the majority of rides are covered because of this. Avoiding big holidays means lower crowds just as at WDW.
WDW is awesome but there's something really lovely about the smaller scale of DLP, it's more intimate and we really enjoy our trips there.
Best wishes for the wedding!

JillC LI

We just returned from one day at DLP for the first time on July 4th. Loved it! Planning to do a Trip Report shortly. Congrats on your upcoming wedding.

Professor_Jason

Anytime someone approached me and spoke French I would say, "I'm visiting your Country I don't speak French, sorry," and 9 times out of 10 they would engage me in English and if they didn't speak it they would grab someone who did.
They're a very warm, friendly people in my experience the trick is to be gracious and truly act like a Guest in their home.
I've always had a wonderful time all over France and hope that helps. Have a fantastic time!

Congrats on the wedding! When are you planning to come to DLP? I would keep an eye out on the closure calendar in case there is anything you can't miss coming up: http://www.dlpguide.com/calendar/closures-refurbishments/

Restaurant reservations are pretty easy to come by as compared to WDW. I highly recommend Walt's and Blue Lagoon in Disneyland Parc for table service and Chez Remy in Walt Disney Studios- the atmosphere alone is worth visiting for.

If you will be there for two or more days, consider getting an Annual Pass. The AP's here are much less expensive than WDW and usually they will pay for themselves within a trip.

I grew up going to WDW and now live in Paris, so am a frequent visitor to DLP and would be happy to help if you have anymore questions! This might also help: http://paradisefoundaround.com/disneylandparis/us-guests-at-disneyland-paris-tips/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom