Trip Report Our BWV Holiday TR -

Hi everybody, hope you enjoy! Its been over 5 months since our visit (feels like eternity) but I figured better late than never. I always have the best intentions to write a TR upon returning but never find the time. Well, I just imported pictures to the computer so I thought it this was a good opportunity since Ive done all my Saturday chores and the wife wont be home for a few hours. First, A brief story of how our trip came to fruition.

It was a sultry night, (bonus points if you get that reference) on a late June evening of 2014. 4 months had passed since our last visit to WDW and we had decided to take a year off from visiting for various reasons. My wife had seen me lurking on the Disney website several times and warned me if I booked a trip she would be very upset. Shes Italian and trust me, you dont want those problems, lol! One reason was that some work on our home needed to be done and as much as she loves Disney she wanted to use our vacation money for some upgrades. She urged me to hold off for one year and while I hated the idea, I obliged.

So, she had just returned home from running errands and I was preparing diner. I waited a few minutes for her to get settled in and as she sat down at the bar in our kitchen I told her I had a surprise. She got a big smile on her face and said, "you got dessert for after diner!!??" I laughed and told her to open the laptop. As she did she was met with the Disney confirmation screen showing a 6 night stay at Boardwalk Villas for December. She looked up at me and said, "is this real"? (she knows I can use photoshop ). I said yes, its real. Her jaw slowly dropped and her head slightly tilted... and I prepared for the battle that was sure to ensue. She quickly turned back to the computer screen and was scanning over the information. My hands got clammy and I could feel the sweat beginning to surface. To my complete amazement, her facial expression slowly turned into a grin, then morphed into a huge smile as she looked back up at me. She hopped out of her chair and began dancing around and singing. I had a whole defense prepared in the event she rejected it, but no worries... she was happy, and as the saying goes, "happy wife, happy life". So let the fun begin!

Just a small cast of my wife and I for this trip. We dont have children (yet)

mechen.jpg

The trip was 7 months out from the day I surprised her so we had plenty of time to research all the great Christmas offerings we could experience. We always leave Atlanta around 3 AM because its not like we can sleep the night before and it usually puts us in Orlando by 11 am at the latest. We were all packed up, had extra clothes for the crazy December weather in Florida, double and triple checked the house, a large cup of coffee for me, the driver, or, the "Transporter" as I like to call myself (Jason Stathem accent of course), and it was time to hit the rode! This was a much needed trip as our truly beloved cat, Jazzy (the cat in my avatar) had passed away just a month before the trip. He was a great friend and it hit us both very, very hard. A year prior, we had rescued a little cat from a parking lot, (whom we named Ruxin) that was virtually Jazz's identical twin and we had smothered him with so much love after Jazz passed that I think he needed a break from us constantly showering him with affection, lol.

So we hit the road and drove off into the night on our way to Orlando! We never take any pics on the way down because its mostly dark and my wife sleeps the whole way until the sun rises. I always bring a few stand up comedy CD's and a few paranormal podcasts to keep me company for the drive. Smooth sailing to Orlando with a quick stop at Publix for supplies and before you know it we were driving under the arch.
004.jpg

Never gets old! Day 1 continued in next post...

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Great report. Looking forward to your next one.
Loved your final pic, the Boardwalk is amazing & full of energy at night. What a contrast from it's peaceful & quiet personality during the day.
I had a Boardwalk view studio on the 4th of July two years ago. At one point around 1pm I looked out and didn't see one solitary person below on the boardwalk. Just 8 hours later, there were literally hundreds, perhaps over a thousand having fun below me.
Crazy! It was hard to believe I was looking at the same location.
Yes, there is just something about the Boardwalk that latches onto you once you stay there. It can be enjoyed when its peaceful and quiet, and also when its slammed with people. Its just all around a great place and all the resorts there are awesome, IMO. Did you write report for your 4th of July trip? If so, Id love to read it.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Your trip was AMAZING!! I hope my upcoming trip(my first as an adult without kids) is EXACLTY how your trip went...it sounded PERFECT!! So relaxing and fun!
Thanks for reading! Glad you enjoyed it. I cant wait to hear how your trip goes. It will be interesting to hear how different it is without the kids. We follow a pretty simple formula for our trips. Relax, Eat, and Drink! oh ya, and occasionally ride some attractions, ha ha!

worldfanatic

Yes, there is just something about the Boardwalk that latches onto you once you stay there. It can be enjoyed when its peaceful and quiet, and also when its slammed with people. Its just all around a great place and all the resorts there are awesome, IMO. Did you write report for your 4th of July trip? If so, Id love to read it.
You're so right about the Boardwalk getting into your soul. I've stayed at almost all of Disney's Deluxe Resorts in Florida, California & Hawaii, but none have grabbed me and made me feel at home so much as the Boardwalk. It is truly special.

I haven't done a trip report on my last couple trips, probably because alcohol played such a major part and I didn't want to appall people.

You've inspired me though.
Perhaps my next one

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thank you for the fun TR!! I've enjoyed the entire vacation you both had. :)

I burst out laughing when I saw the picture of you with the multiple 3-D glasses, to watch the film in 9-D (or so you were going to try and convince your nephew)! :p

Oh by the way, I absolutely loved the Christmas tree in AK. I've never been to WDW in December, so I didn't know they had such a spectacular, animal-themed tree on display. Thank you so much for sharing those pictures. It's like Christmas in July?!! :joyfull: Thanks again for the TR, and kindest regards to you and your wife.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thank you for the fun TR!! I've enjoyed the entire vacation you both had. :)

I burst out laughing when I saw the picture of you with the multiple 3-D glasses, to watch the film in 9-D (or so you were going to try and convince your nephew)! :p

Oh by the way, I absolutely loved the Christmas tree in AK. I've never been to WDW in December, so I didn't know they had such a spectacular, animal-themed tree on display. Thank you so much for sharing those pictures. It's like Christmas in July?!! :joyfull: Thanks again for the TR, and kindest regards to you and your wife.
Thanks for following along! This was our first trip that was in December. All the Christmas trees and extra offerings are great. They do an awesome job with the trees in the parks. We loved it. Parks were not too crowded either. Definitely worth the wait if you ever go for Christmas Holidays. The only thing I didnt mention in the report was the Christmas music that plays EVERYWHERE. It gets a little old after a few days, but nothing too bad.

Hopefully we will see you in our pre-trip report for our upcoming trip for F&W. The amount of food and booze in that trip will put this one to shame, haha. Have a great day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom