Disney is selling WDW People Mover 40th anniversary T-shirts through Sunday, July 5, only

RadiatorSpringsRacer

Totally agree.
The recent trend of t-shirts having the *distressed* look is irksome.
Who wants a shirt that looks like it*s been overworn by someone else for ten years, and you are paying $20 and up for it..!

Of course, the whole idea of *distressing* the graphic is to give the impression that this is really a shirt from 1975 and not a modern *Retro* design remake.
I guess there is a market for *new things that look old and worn out*...but when it comes to t-shirts, crisp prints are a must.

This used to drive me nuts back a few years ago when EPCOT had a surge of very welcome *Retro* design t-shirts....but almost ALL of them had that crappy *pre-aged* look.
If i want that *look*, i will just whip out my original REAL 1982 Future World t-shirt.
Talk about *retro*......but it still fits!
How many people can say that about their original EPCOT Center souvenir tees....
;)

I find the pre-aged look kind of pretentious too. If I'm going to celebrate the past, I'd rather not do it in a way that visually emphasizes how long gone it is.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
If you want one, I will order it and bring it to you in Dec. or post it to you from NY. Let me know.
@Tom 's idea of shipping to my next resort might have worked if it weren't December... LOL

I can order no problem, I just need a cooperative 'Merkin soul to ship it to and who'll relay by mail. In this instance, I found such a kind soul. But I'll certainly keep you in mind in future... :cool:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
@Tom 's idea of shipping to my next resort might have worked if it weren't December... LOL

I can order no problem, I just need a cooperative 'Merkin soul to ship it to and who'll relay by mail. In this instance, I found such a kind soul. But I'll certainly keep you in mind in future... :cool:

LOL, you lost me at 'Merkin. :D

Did I ever mention I was almost Canadian? My dad emigrated from Ireland to England, and from England to Canada. He spent a couple years in Toronto before heading to NY.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
LOL, you lost me at 'Merkin. :D

Did I ever mention I was almost Canadian? My dad emigrated from Ireland to England, and from England to Canada. He spent a couple years in Toronto before heading to NY.
Yes, we've discussed your heritage once or twice... :rolleyes:

Cmdr_Crimson

I would have rather bought the one they sold a few years ago in the parks..
tshirt_mrmorrow.jpg

copcarguyp71

Am I the only one who doesn't like the "old t-shirt" look, with faded graphics? I like the design, but if I buy a shirt in 2015, i want it to look like I bought it in 2015, not decades ago and packed it away.

I like the retro looks on most tees these days however the tissue paper thin material...not so much. I hate that companies have tried to make cheap shirts seem "trendy" in order to pay less for them to be made and then charge more for them because they are the "in" thing. I did not even buy my compulsory tee shirt on the last trip because I could not find a design I liked on a shirt that my nips would not poke through anytime a stiff breeze blew past.

The Empress Lilly

The Disney Store online just sent me a link to this, and they look pretty cool. I am still not sure what I think about Disney selling parks souvenirs online routinely (as if it maybe takes away from having to buy it there, but I am not sure)...

But they are, and this one looks cool. Posters and canvas also available. I thought I would let you guys know, as they are only available through Sunday.

I thought a few Tomorrowland fans might especially appreciate it. @Figments Friend @216bruce @FoozieBear @tcool

I always liked the electric-movement feel of the Peoplemover. It really does remind me of when WDI just tried to do anything!

http://www.disneystore.com/peoplemo..._ParksPeopleMoverFS&RRID=19591832&CMP=EMC-eml

View attachment 99204
I wish they would sell these without the WDW name and logo. Still rather like them though.

Not that I wear print t-shirts in public. -_-

Next Big Thing

I wish they would sell merch like this for this specialty anniversary merch that's more practical like glass cups or something of the sort of thing.

Shirts are great, I actually still wear my Epcot 30th anniversary one fairly often, but there's only so many $29.99 shirts i'm willing to buy. I want something that will be used often.

prberk

Original Poster
I wish they would sell merch like this for this specialty anniversary merch that's more practical like glass cups or something of the sort of thing.

Shirts are great, I actually still wear my Epcot 30th anniversary one fairly often, but there's only so many $29.99 shirts i'm willing to buy. I want something that will be used often.

I understand, except that some people probably see it the other way around: T-shirts as something to be used more often; but limited cabinet space and practical use for drink glasses and knick-knacks. Just the way that I would think. But I can see any item really being like this.

prberk

Original Poster
I wish they would sell these without the WDW name and logo. Still rather like them though.

Not that I wear print t-shirts in public. -_-

I think they are actually kind of going for what the shirt might have looked like in 1975. It probably WOULD have had the "Walt Disney World" logo at the time, including the Florida pennant (which is a nice touch that I had forgotten until I saw it again). Remember, back then they actually put the Walt Disney World logo on most merchandise sold there, to distinguish it from Disneyland...

The "strategic management" team did not exist yet, and nor did their brilliant idea of branding it all, "Disney Parks."

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Why do they never make V-neck shirts? I prefer that over the Regular style. More comfortable, especially in the hot Fla. sun.

HRHPrincessAriel

*whispers* I don't think $22 is all that crazy for a t shirt. I work at a high school and ours typically go for $15-$20(long sleeve). When my organization sells ours for $10-$15(long sleeve) we are considered the deal at the time.

The Astros shirt DH bought at the game the other day was $26.

Last edited:

draybook

Can we send Bieber back with the shirt?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom