Very angry about Fast Pass + choices or lack there of for June 17-20!

BrianV

If you folks think FP+ is bad at 60 days out, imagine what it's like for us passholders and our selections within a 30 day window. They don't reserve any slots for us, it's first come first serve. We've been able to get on Mine Train twice using FP+ in the last 6 months. We've never met Anna or Elsa either. We'll just keep trying though, and hope for the best.

I thought it was the same...60 days onsite and 30 days offsite. Having a pass or a day ticket shouldn't impact that I wouldn't think.

bethymouse

Original Poster
Hey @bethymouse How was your trip to the GF? We have been debating staying there and would love to hear your opinions.
The GF is a must stay once in a lifetime trip! The CMs are so very attentive, and the grounds are just lovely! I don't think we'll stay there again though. I loved it, but it is very pricey! My 75 year old Mom was with us, and she wanted a monorail resort. She liked the GF the best ( and boy were they good to her!):) Mr. Richard, a greeter who's 90 years old, was so kind and gentle to her. It was quite memorable!:D My husband likes the Wilderness Lodge the best, and my goal is to stay at every Disney resort before I die ( crazy I know).;) But, it is a definite must experience!:)

Skye

Thanks everyone. I have calmed down a bit since last night, but I still don't like it.:p
It is a frustrating system.... I am going in October and this is on my "must do" list for my kids.... fortunately I will have 3 MK days to choose from. Keep trying, things might open up otherwise be at the park before rope drop and head straight there, you should be able to get in right away.

bethymouse

Original Poster
Pinnstrategically post: 6775525 said:
@bethymouse So now that your trip is over do you think you overreacted to the whole fastpass+ situation resulting in your original post?
If you work strategically it's ok. But I still think you should have more than 3 choices and should be able to choose as you wish without a tiered system. We used the kiosks, and we had late fast pass times when you really don't need them. So... I still think the system should be tweaked.

Rob562

If you work strategically it's ok. But I still think you should have more than 3 choices and should be able to choose as you wish without a tiered system. We used the kiosks, and we had late fast pass times when you really don't need them. So... I still think the system should be tweaked.

If you were unhappy with the availability that you got as the system is now, what does eliminating tiers and giving people the ability to pre-book even more FP+ do to help get more availability?

-Rob

bethymouse

Original Poster
BTW... I was a bit underwhelmed by Anna and Elsa. We got to MK by rope drop and only waited 30 minutes. They did call the boys "ice harvesters", and Anna was much "nicer" than Elsa, but it did seem "rushed". Sadly.:(
If you were unhappy with the availability that you got as the system is now, what does eliminating tiers and giving people the ability to pre-book even more FP+ do to help get more availability?

-Rob
It won't help with availability necessarily, but at least you'd feel better given more of a choice. Who needs a fast pass for Nemo or even EPCOT character spot? Some of the choices for fast passes are not necessary IMHO. For example, we had a fast pass for Star Tours, and the stand by line was just 15 minutes!:eek: The kiosks are fine, but I miss the old system. The idea of planning your vacation around "OMG" we have to be at the mine train now, and we don't have time to wait for this ride right now" gives you a sense of urgency of needing to be at a place at a certain time ( always checking your cell phone- My Disney Experience). It's bad enough you have to make ADRs in advance, but now you have to plan your ride experiences in advance. I just don't like that!:(

HolleBolleGijs

For example, we had a fast pass for Star Tours, and the stand by line was just 15 minutes!:eek: The kiosks are fine, but I miss the old system. The idea of planning your vacation around "OMG" we have to be at the mine train now, and we don't have time to wait for this ride right now" gives you a sense of urgency of needing to be at a place at a certain time ( always checking your cell phone- My Disney Experience).

But you could get a paper fastpass for Star Tours, and the same thing could happen.

Yes, it is more planning, but your specific complaints apply to the old system as well. If you have a paper fastpass for 7DMT, you still have to be at that attraction within a certain time, and you still might not have time to wait for another ride.

I personally don't like having everything tied to my MDE account, but at the same time it's nice not having to worry about frantically running around trying to snag paper fastpasses before they're gone. You also have somewhat of a choice with FP+; with the old system your return time was pretty much dictated for you.

erasure fan1

If you are like us and know the parks inside and out, yes, you can make things work. Does that mean the system is good? Not by a long shot. The kiosks were almost useless for our whole trip. I don't need a fastpass for spaceship earth, imagination or Nemo at 7pm when its noon now. That was one of our days at Epcot and that was all that was available, useless. It is very, VERY apparent that the system is geared for the people who know nothing.

ULPO46

Fast Pass+ was and is the dumbest idea anyone with spreadsheets could have ever come up with. The old fast pass system was simple efficient and easy to use. Didn't have a billion dollar price tag. You would come first come first serve, put your park admittance ticket into a paper dispenser and would get your Fast Pass ticket. No I can get my fast pass 6 months in advance crap. It's an unfair system and still will be years before every last tourist to Disney world will be able to understand how the system works and be a efficient system, because the data of how may unused pass+ rides is disgusting!

BrianV

Fast Pass+ was and is the dumbest idea anyone with spreadsheets could have ever come up with. The old fast pass system was simple efficient and easy to use. Didn't have a billion dollar price tag. You would come first come first serve, put your park admittance ticket into a paper dispenser and would get your Fast Pass ticket. No I can get my fast pass 6 months in advance crap. It's an unfair system and still will be years before every last tourist to Disney world will be able to understand how the system works and be a efficient system, because the data of how may unused pass+ rides is disgusting!

That's a lot of hate. For starters, the price tag was not just for updating fast pass. It was for the whole IT integration, of which fast pass + is just a part.

On average I too preferred the old system. But it favored those who understood the system too. I remember seeing people waiting in a 30 minute line for buzz light year and simultaneously being able to get old fast passes for 45 minutes later. Clearly the people on the standby line didn't realize they could have a fastpass and get on the ride at almost the same time. This knowledge gap was clearly unfair too.

The new system is complicated, but serves two purposes. 1 it favors onsite guests which is something they want to do. And 2 it allows for better planning for the hardest to get rides (e.g. Toy story mania) without racing at opening to go get a fast pass for 4 PM.

They will tweak this and no adjust it and it will get better.

ULPO46

That's a lot of hate. For starters, the price tag was not just for updating fast pass. It was for the whole IT integration, of which fast pass + is just a part.

On average I too preferred the old system. But it favored those who understood the system too. I remember seeing people waiting in a 30 minute line for buzz light year and simultaneously being able to get old fast passes for 45 minutes later. Clearly the people on the standby line didn't realize they could have a fastpass and get on the ride at almost the same time. This knowledge gap was clearly unfair too.

The new system is complicated, but serves two purposes. 1 it favors onsite guests which is something they want to do. And 2 it allows for better planning for the hardest to get rides (e.g. Toy story mania) without racing at opening to go get a fast pass for 4 PM.

They will tweak this and no adjust it and it will get better.
I don't hate it all that much just find it annoying to see so many threads and blogs dedicated to why they dislike the system. Maybe someday they just begin charging for fast passes and then people will understand it better. Also Tourist tend to be really stupid. Disney spends billions each year on advertisements all over the globe in countless languages and have offered advice on how the program works for tourist visiting from overseas. Yet then and now people still have difficulty and that is understandable we are human. So it is important to just have patience and enjoy the parks especially for those who plan years in advance for the once in the lifetime memory at the parks. That's what I love seeing most when guest come from far away places.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I don't like the current FP+ system, I think it has a lot of issues, but I know a fair amount of people who "scammed" the old system. They took advantage of various tips/tricks and loop holes. So I can see Disney trying to address that, but what we got in its place is a system that limits our ability to fully enjoy the parks. I'm not worked up about it, I'm not angry, I just roll with the punches knowing its the world we live it so why get angry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom