Best of the Value Resorts....and why

HolleBolleGijs

I personally prefer the theming at Pop, but honestly they're all so similar to me that I'd rather just pay slightly less and stay at an All-Star.

I've never done AoA, so that might change my mind.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I stayed at the All Star Sports but that was like 10 years ago, I have no idea if Disney updated that resort since my last stay (I have to believe they had), but overall I found the place to be clean and serviceable. From what I can see on booking my recent Disney trips, the AoA looks to be a great place to stay.

JasonDeyoung

AoA is pretty nice, I haven't stayed there in a few years but I usually end up there every so often to wander around. I stayed at PoP last month and it had been awhile since staying at a value. I enjoyed my time time there, didn't have one issue all week. I had a preferred room so I was nice and close to the lobby & bus stop. Ended up being near the pool and bridge which was nice I could go over to AoA with a really short walk. Never had one issue with the bus system coming or going. I have heard lines get really long leaving the parks to PoP, and I will say that leaving MK a couple times the lines did form pretty quick after me. If that happens, hop on the AoA bus which from what I seen doesn't get to king of lines. Housekeeping was good, kept my room clean and stocked every day, best part. They didn't come knocking at 8am lol. Food court was not bad, I've had better. But I also only ate there twice. I love AoA food court so I did walk over there a few times. I had the direct to room check in which I love! I received a text message while driving over around 10am that my room was ready with building and room number and a link to a map.

MinnieWaffles

AOA with POP a close second. AOA's buses were great, the food court was great. Very Disney. I loved our Cars suite.

POP looked very cool too! Wasn't fussed on their food court though as much.

allgiggles

We've always stayed at a Value resort because we've always traveled as a family of 5, 6, or 7 so we need two rooms (can't justify the cost of a villa when we spend so little time in the room). We stayed at All Star Movies over 10 years ago. We liked it back then. By the time we went on our next trip to Disney, Pop Century had been open only a few months so we wanted to try the "new" resort. We liked it much better than ASMo because we had a wonderful lake-view room and could see Illuminations and Fantasmic fireworks from our room every night. This was before the trees and other shrubbery grew in. Our next 2 stays were also at Pop Century. We were very happy there. And then AoA opened and we could fit in a family suite. It's now our "home" resort -- we've stayed there twice and will stay there again. No more worrying about whether or not we'd actually get the connecting rooms we requested (we always did). We liked the food court better at AoA than Pop. We like the covered bus waiting area better than Pop. And the landscaping and theming of the resort is just amazing. And even though a suite at AoA is a lot more expensive than 2 rooms at Pop, we find it worth the extra money. We also like being able to use the Pop buses if the line for the AoA bus is too long or the Pop bus shows up first. If we ever travel to Disney with less than 5 people and still want to stay at a Value Resort, I wouldn't hesitate to go back to Pop Century but would request a room close to the bridge so we could walk over to AoA to eat.

bee

I've stayed at All Star Music and am staying at Pop Century tomorrow! I'll finally get to really compare the resorts.
Have fun!!! I'm definitely a Pop Century fan! I love the music that plays in the food court and other public areas.

LaughingGravy

As we do commando style in the parks, it is primarily used for sleeping after a long day. The biggest advantage is the ability to have a parking space pretty close to your room. We rent a car at the values, as the buses are absolutely ridiculous. The extra time saved is well worth the cost of a rental car, especially if you get it from a rental car company that picks you up and drops you off. I think it starts with an "E".
We have stayed at AS Music and Pop. We like both.

FrankLapidus

All Star Movies.

Stayed there several times over the years and its one I've never really had any complaints about; love the theming, I like and enjoy the selection in the food court, the rooms are comfortable, the cast members have always provided excellent service.

The bus service could be better. Sometimes the buses turn up to Movies already full from having stopped at the other two All Star's. At times it has been a bit chaotic in that respect, when you're up and out early in the morning so that you can make a park for opening and you end up stuck in a long queue for a bus for thirty minutes it can get frustrating.

Having stayed in all of the All Star hotels at least once, Movies is quite comfortably my favourite.

smk

Not true! I've had 5 stays at various All Stars, and each resort has its own bus way more often than they share. Most of the time each resort has their own bus.

I like the All Star Sports. I like the cute theme, and the redone food court is pretty great. I also like that the food court is not joined with the gift shop the way it is at the Pop. I also like that the All Stars are each smallish, and not as large as the Pop.
I agree! We LOVE Sports! We have stayed at POP, once, and would again if it was all that was available.The food court did me in! Loud and not able to find a seat each and every morning. It wore us out just roaming around looking for an open seat in a quiet area. Hectic, is the word I would use. Do not want that again if I can find another room somewhere else. We stayed at Music a couple of years ago, liked it too and would stay there again too. In fact, my husband likes Music the best.

We have stayed at the POLY, Contemporary and the Cabins at FW too. Love them all. If I could afford them again I would go back to the cabins in a heartbeat! This fall we will be at Sports.

I cannot justify the price of some of the resorts! We did not go last year because we could not find room in our budget. I was so sad. I was determined that it would not happen again and we are on track to go this fall. All we can afford is a value and we are fine with that! I want 7 full nights and I can make that happen at a value, not a moderate or a deluxe. We know our limits!

Last edited:

Disneyfreak Jen

I prefer the moderate resorts, but I also have gone to Disney as a solo traveler the last few times so expense wise, staying at a value just makes more sense. POP has it's own bus service….all the other value's share. So they go from one resort to the next before going to the parks.

Hulacat

We just got back from Pop Century, and the Brazilian tour group teens were very loud there: slamming doors, playing music and running/screaming at all hours. I hadn't heard that the tour groups were at Pop, and things were very laid back until they all got back to the resort at midnight. They ran from room to room and carried on until after 3 am. DH heard a woman (possibly security?) telling them they they were being way too loud. Other than the teens, the stay was ok, with a very clean room and a nice pool & quick bus transportation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom