Where to Live When Working at Disney?

rob0519

I was wondering what happened to SgtObiWan? Did you move? Were you able to get a job? I am considering the move myself but I am not a young 22 year old out of college and want to be sure I can get a job. I know you have to start from the bottom and work your way up but I'm even worried about getting in at the bottom!

He hasn't made one post since his original. I'm guessing it didn't work out the way they had hoped or he would have made a post somewhere on the forum.

Svetlana

Please let us know if you like Kissimmee ! We planning to move there next year from Vegas to Kissimmee (bellalago) or Winter Garden . We have 2 kids in high and elementary . Do you have kids? How schools there? We want work for Disney too! Very happy for you. We hope you like there. Good luck

Svetlana

I was just hired by Disney to work watercraft. I start April 14. We are now living in Kissimmee.
I was just hired by Disney to work watercraft. I start April 14. We are now living in Kissimmee.
Please let us know if you like Kissimmee ! We planning to move there next year from Vegas to Kissimmee (bellalago) or Winter Garden . We have 2 kids in high and elementary . Do you have kids? How schools there? We want work for Disney too! Very happy for you. We hope you like there. Good luck

destus

I'm looking to move with my family in late august - I will be in magic kingdom. Do you like Kissimmee? Is it fairly affordable?

SgtObiWan

Original Poster
So far everything is going well, my wife and I love where we live the rent is very reasonable. We are living near the Four Corners area of Kissimmee. I love my job in watercraft. Yes I have a lot of boat experience but when I applied the only available position was bus driver but they still put me in watercraft because of my experience. Traffic on 192 can be bad at times. We are 7 miles to MK and it takes me about 15 to 18 min to get there due to traffic and lights. Hope this helps you guys...

rob0519

So far everything is going well, my wife and I love where we live the rent is very reasonable. We are living near the Four Corners area of Kissimmee. I love my job in watercraft. Yes I have a lot of boat experience but when I applied the only available position was bus driver but they still put me in watercraft because of my experience. Traffic on 192 can be bad at times. We are 7 miles to MK and it takes me about 15 to 18 min to get there due to traffic and lights. Hope this helps you guys...

Congratulations. We would love to do what you just did, but we have personal responsibilities that make such a life changing move impossible. Best of luck to both of you.

Ariel4711

Congratulations on both of you being hired and moving!!

I would LOVE to do the same, but don't think it is realistic for my husband & I to up and move down there (we're in Northern Virginia, just outside fo DC) with our two daughters. Maybe (hopefully) I'm wrong and one day we will follow in your foot steps.

Best of luck to you and your wife in your careers!! :)

SgtObiWan

Original Poster
Congratulations on both of you being hired and moving!!

I would LOVE to do the same, but don't think it is realistic for my husband & I to up and move down there (we're in Northern Virginia, just outside fo DC) with our two daughters. Maybe (hopefully) I'm wrong and one day we will follow in your foot steps.

Best of luck to you and your wife in your careers!! :)
Hello,
We moved from the eastern shore of Maryland. So we were not too far from you guys. Best of luck to you guys as well.

Ariel4711

Hello,
We moved from the eastern shore of Maryland. So we were not too far from you guys. Best of luck to you guys as well.

Very cool to know you were so close by before your move. (Also cool because that means you understand why I said NORTHERN VA and not just VA, haha!)

What is the standard of living like down there compared to this area?

roveness

It's very easy to get attractions at all four parks. QSR(foods) is hard to get into because it's one of the highest paying entry level jobs at magic kingdom . I've been on the wait list for about 2 months.

Cderoche24

This is awesome. So glad things are working out! I am in Northern VA as well moving down at the end of September (hopefully Kissimmee or Clermont/Four Corners area). Did you guys use a moving company to move all your stuff down? If so, which one?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom