A Spirited Perfect Ten

Nubs70

I must admit that I am a recent entrant into the entertainment/themepark/animation etc. interest group. My animator/concept art daughter got me into it. I am a big corporate culture person (former CFO). DD started me off with the old animators of Disney. I currently dabble in the stock market and am semi-retired. I am very interested in the directions this forum leads me in learning about both my investments and my love of theme parks in general. Book ordered. And thanks.
Be sure to perform a search for Parentof4, you may find his work interesting

BrerJon

I must admit that I am a recent entrant into the entertainment/themepark/animation etc. interest group. My animator/concept art daughter got me into it. I am a big corporate culture person (former CFO). DD started me off with the old animators of Disney. I currently dabble in the stock market and am semi-retired. I am very interested in the directions this forum leads me in learning about both my investments and my love of theme parks in general. Book ordered. And thanks.

Oh, being a former CFO and being interested in corporate culture, theme parks and entertainment, that book will be right up your alley! Enjoy!

PhotoDave219

Its a really really good read. Gives the good and the bad of Eisner.

Cesar R M

Sadly, the Dinoland Dance-a-Palooza dance party ended in early May. We attended the last one. I loved that little party because it was the only way to see Gypsy and Slim from A Bug's Life, and others from a group including Meeko, Brer Rabbit, Mushu, Thumper, Miss Bunny, Brer Fox. I hope those characters get reincorporated at some point.
It did? daaang At least I managed to see it with my friend CM before it was gone.

Any reason why they were removed? as far I know it attracted a lot of kids every day before the park closing.

Cesar R M

I know, right? I cant wait for @WDW1974 to ring in on these guys.

Most everyone doesn't remember or isn't aware of them or the disaster of the SPG.

And theyre slowly getting everyone back, with Staggs ripe to be at the head of the company.
cant they just strategically bomb them with a drone?

Its the same people! They all worked for Peter Murphy in the 90s/2000s as Eisner turned everything to crap. Staggs gets put in as Iger's COO and he installs one of his fellow Murphy disciples as Chief Strategy Officer? Looks like a consolidation of power to me.

I hope Staggs isn't the heir apparent... unless he's about to play the Game of Thrones. That never ends well.

So.. I hope the next CEO as Lanninster blood.

Cesar R M

A guy on MiceChat whose brother-in-law "works in Glendale."
A Janitor? Or gardener?
I heard Bus Drivers got good rumors too./sarcasm

Old Quality Disney Guest Service > towel animals
And didn't we used to get both?
Did they really stress the mousekeeping with too many rooms because some manager wanted a bonus on "efficiency"?
Did they cut mousekeeping staff to the bare minimum?

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Because fans just don't fundamentally understand the business, though the defenders of (blank) -- at both Disney and UNI -- will trot out the ''it's a business'' line almost like a trained raptor.

The business is so incestuous. Sure, they all want to come out on top. But, moreso, they all just want to bathe in money. They have no issues with the 'competition' doing so as well. Right now, it would appear the Disney/UNI relationship has never been better. And, no, I am not kidding.
Let me help you with this image:
props again to @Mike S

disneyisbusiness_monstersinnc.jpg

I see we have a battle brewing between a wily veteran and a summer newcomer. Why does it always have to be on my threads? ... Good thing I am on my way out to see what clearly is the biggest and bestest movie of the summer: Ted2.
Well, that only means that vacations are here.. And tons of people will have tons of free time.

Cesar R M

And the net result for Mousekeeping will be less generous tips.

Sorry, but I'm like that.
You do that little extra for me, and I will do that little extra for you. :joyfull:
The sad part is: the ones getting hurt, will be the mousekeeping.. because they will have to work more rooms, not do things like towel magic.. and get LESS tips. While the manager pats his own back, laughing his way to the bank with his new "efficiency bonus".

AEfx

No reason Housekeeping can't clean the room sufficiently AND invest 30 more seconds to spread the Magic.

I keep our room tidy, tip generously daily, and always come back to a cleaned, stocked room; as well as a little something extra to make me smile.

That's the absurdity of anyone championing this as the removal of a massive time sink that kept anyone from cleaning a room. The rooms are going to be no more or less clean because someone takes 30 seconds to make some towel animals. And 30 seconds is actually very generous - I mean, seriously - if you've ever seen them whip one up, it's seconds. More like 10, at most.

It might take you or I a lot longer but once you know how to do it, it's no more complicated than folding a towel properly the "normal" way once you know how. Even multiplied by all the rooms they do, you are talking 10-15 minutes out of the day. It also is good for their morale, as well, because when you do a dirty job (and let's face it - people like you or I who don't expect them to pick up after us but just clean the room, and how gross and disgusting some people are - and let their kids be - in a hotel - we are probably the minority), it's a nice few seconds for them to spend knowing that they will be appreciated.

As I said earlier, I'm willing to bet this is really just about guest complaints if they don't get them for whatever reason - people get it one day but not another, or read about it on the Internet (how many things has THAT ruined??) and expect it to be done every day, and complain because little Susie and Tommy had their vacation entirely ruined because they came back one day and it wasn't done. Of course, instead of training everyone how to do it and making it mandatory, they are just going to eliminate it.

But no one is going to get a cleaner room now, LOL.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Isn't housekeeping at WDW a non-tipped role anyway? I know lots of CPs do it, and they expressly can't work tipped positions.
I leave $5/night in a pre-stuffed, decorated (leftover habit from when the boys were little) envelope every morning on the pillow.
The envelope is always gone, a quick thank you is left ... along with a towel animal.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
That's the absurdity of anyone championing this as the removal of a massive time sink that kept anyone from cleaning a room. The rooms are going to be no more or less clean because someone takes 30 seconds to make some towel animals. And 30 seconds is actually very generous - I mean, seriously - if you've ever seen them whip one up, it's seconds. More like 10, at most.

It might take you or I a lot longer but once you know how to do it, it's no more complicated than folding a towel properly the "normal" way once you know how. Even multiplied by all the rooms they do, you are talking 10-15 minutes out of the day. It also is good for their morale, as well, because when you do a dirty job (and let's face it - people like you or I who don't expect them to pick up after us but just clean the room, and how gross and disgusting some people are - and let their kids be - in a hotel - we are probably the minority), it's a nice few seconds for them to spend knowing that they will be appreciated.

As I said earlier, I'm willing to bet this is really just about guest complaints if they don't get them for whatever reason - people get it one day but not another, or read about it on the Internet (how many things has THAT ruined??) and expect it to be done every day, and complain because little Susie and Tommy had their vacation entirely ruined because they came back one day and it wasn't done. Of course, instead of training everyone how to do it and making it mandatory, they are just going to eliminate it.

But no one is going to get a cleaner room now, LOL.
Yeah, I think most of the comments, including mine were facetious. The room should be sparkling with a towel animal. I can tell you, it took me 10 minutes to make the towel lobster. I even took a short towel animal class on the cruise ship too. I guess I'll have to look elsewhere for my creative bliss....
*1023*

PhotoDave219

What's that particular image macro even supposed to mean?

He's poking fun at the people who like to say "But Disney is a Business" when you try to talk corporate issues with them. Some people use it as a dismissive way to try and end/disrupt a conversation.

.....Then there are those of us who will pick apart that assertion and rip it apart with facts and stats pulled from company reports.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Ted 2: a Spirited Cinematic Triumph of Largely Off-color Humor.

But would someone please 'splain to me how an R-rated film can have an audience of largely children (many tweens and younger). I'm not a prude. I also think I'd rather a child see a slapstick scene of Marky Mark covered in what's supposed to be ... gallons of male bodily fluids at a fertility clinic than a movie where people are being chopped up, sliced and diced, tortured or simply mowed down by bullets. But really ... why would you take your kids (except high schoolers) to a film like this?

Oh, and why have a ratings system if you're going to let 14-year-olds buy tix to these films anyway?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom