shorter cruise after longer one

mikewdw

Original Poster
Anyone experienced with shorter cruise after their first couple? we were 7 days first two and are planning a 4 day next summer. anyone too disappointed after shorter one? my wife LOVES the cruise so wondering about shorter trip. taking it to go to different ports. done western and eastern carribean. really locked into last week of may first week june because of job so other options not really good for us.
mikewdw

EOD K9

Anyone experienced with shorter cruise after their first couple? we were 7 days first two and are planning a 4 day next summer. anyone too disappointed after shorter one? my wife LOVES the cruise so wondering about shorter trip. taking it to go to different ports. done western and eastern carribean. really locked into last week of may first week june because of job so other options not really good for us.
mikewdw
Due to the work schedules of my wife and I, we have only ever taken 3 and 4 night cruises. We have two more planned in the next 6 months. While yes, they are short, you're on a Disney Cruise, so just be happy and enjoy!

MotherofaPrincessLover

I was wondering the same thing. Our first cruise was a 7-night and our upcoming one will be a 4-night. I thought the 7-night one flew by so I'm scared about how fast the 4-night will go.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Due to the work schedules of my wife and I, we have only ever taken 3 and 4 night cruises. We have two more planned in the next 6 months. While yes, they are short, you're on a Disney Cruise, so just be happy and enjoy!

We have done a 4 a year and a half ago and 7 and 4 this year. Next year we are 4 then 3 right after. I don't see any issue with a four night, or three for that matter after a seven. I would do a four over a three, however, if possible.

EOD K9

We have done a 4 a year and a half ago and 7 and 4 this year. Next year we are 4 then 3 right after. I don't see any issue with a four night, or three for that matter after a seven. I would do a four over a three, however, if possible.
I would always take four over three. But the 3 night xmas cruise fits our schedule. We have a four nighter on the Magic in the spring. Any nighter on a Disney cruise is better than being stuck on land. We are hoping we will eventually find time with our work schedules to go for seven nights at some point. For now, we are happy getting on board whenever we can.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I would always take four over three. But the 3 night xmas cruise fits our schedule. We have a four nighter on the Magic in the spring. Any nighter on a Disney cruise is better than being stuck on land. We are hoping we will eventually find time with our work schedules to go for seven nights at some point. For now, we are happy getting on board whenever we can.

Agreed completely. Our next seven will probably be Alaska or Europe in '17. Two booked for next year and WDW and house purchase cuts vacation funds down drastically. Cheers to DCL!

Much-Pixie-Dust

We are in the same situation! I teach, so a four night Xmas cruise doesn't work in our schedule. I want to go on an Xmas cruise, so a three night it is! We are scheduled for a 7 night next June, and we are also super excited for that one too. I totally agree that any night on a Disney cruise is better than a night on land.

jakeman

We've done a 7 day and then two 3 days in the past 3 years and to be honest, we don't particularly care for the 3 day. They feel rushed. It also could be a function of the ship. The Dream feels more crowded than the Magic.

We were blown away by our 7 day cruise, but to be honest if we had done either of our 3 day first, we probably wouldn't be cruising again.

dumboflyer

We will not do another 3-day. We likely will not do a 4-day either. It just feels so much like you get on the ship and the next day you're packing to get back off. Personal preference though.

ChuckElias

I won't fly to Florida for a 3- or 4- night cruise. But if I'm already there for the Food and Wine Festival or something (or if I lived there for more than a few weeks a year), I would love to take a 3-night sailing as a quickie getaway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom