Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

NYwdwfan

Well, you gave me a task and I researched it and this is what I found:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/guide/472/Walt-Disney-World/Polynesian/Kona-Cafe
At this location: When the Polynesian Resort opened in 1971, this location opened as a restaurant as well. It opened as the Coral Island Coffee Shop and was soon renamed Coral Island Cafe. The restaurant survived until July 25, 1998. The space was then completely redesigned and reopened on November 23 as Kona Cafe.

I figured you just knew it off the top of your head! I didn't mean to give you work. But thanks for looking it up!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
@JenniferS, keep me posted on major speculations going on in that thread. And One Man's Dream is one of my favorites. :cry:
Spirit has weighed back in. Suggests skipping WDW entirely for 2015. :(
Good things are coming. Really good things potentially.
A little love for MK and Epcot as well. Something coming to Figgy-land?

Spirit likes to speak cryptically, making sense to those in the loop. I never quite get what he's saying until it's been filtered by 5 or 6 other posters first. Call me dense. I'm okay with it.

PUSH

Original Poster

Spirit likes to speak cryptically, making sense to those in the loop. I never quite get what he's saying until it's been filtered by 5 or 6 other posters first. Call me dense. I'm okay with it.
I'm the same with his posts. I get some of it, but am lost by most of it.

DHS has to have some major things open, or else nobody is going to go. Not worth a single-day pass before they closed down the latest attractions. And if they started today, the lands wouldn't be open until 2017 at the earliest based on their current construction rates. Epcot needs a face-lift for FW, too. It's become quite stale, and there's nothing futuristic about it.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Mo' money, mo' money, mo' money?

If I play my cards right. I really want to be on this team as well as have an opportunity to work remotely from home so DW can go for her dreams as well. However, I am a bit overqualified for the position. So my plan is to convince them the position should be something more than they are thinking of right now and that my contributions will rock their socks off. ;)

imagine if I actually used the words, "rock your socks off" in an interview with them? :facepalm:

PUSH

Original Poster
If I play my cards right. I really want to be on this team as well as have an opportunity to work remotely from home so DW can go for her dreams as well. However, I am a bit overqualified for the position. So my plan is to convince them the position should be something more than they are thinking of right now and that my contributions will rock their socks off. ;)

imagine if I actually used the words, "rock your socks off" in an interview with them? :facepalm:
I've never interviewed without using that phrase!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member

Good luck.
When might you find out?

NYwdwfan

Just give them unlimited fastpasses. That's how I got my last promotion.

Good luck today - sounds like you have the confidence to let hem know it would be a good fit for everyone - they should be able to pick up on that.

Goofyernmost

The one outside post that almost made me laugh out loud was the one that someone posted about "Spirit" feeding information to others instead of revealing it himself. Seriously, It would be a very cold day in hell before he would let anyone else take credit for his insider info. That ego is way to highly tuned to allow that to happen. But, that all said, it is a good bit of news and we can all just keep your fingers crossed that Greece or something else doesn't cause our economy to head for another nose dive. That would alter the plans considerably. I just wish that I was young enough that the time span from talking to actuality was in a more comfortable area that I might get to see it. Aging is a great way to say hurry up, please!

Perhaps they can even spare a few million from the budget to help with our never ending quest to find out where Bob Saget isn't! The latest on his status is that he was definitely NOT in my underwear drawer this morning although I haven't checked since then.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
The one outside post that almost made me laugh out loud was the one that someone posted about "Spirit" feeding information to others instead of revealing it himself. Seriously, It would be a very cold day in hell before he would let anyone else take credit for his insider info. That ego is way to highly tuned to allow that to happen. But, that all said, it is a good bit of news and we can all just keep your fingers crossed that Greece or something else doesn't cause our economy to head for another nose dive. That would alter the plans considerably. I just wish that I was young enough that the time span from talking to actuality was in a more comfortable area that I might get to see it. Aging is a great way to say hurry up, please!

Perhaps they can even spare a few million from the budget to help with our never ending quest to find out where Bob Saget isn't! The latest on his status is that he was definitely NOT in my underwear drawer this morning although I haven't checked since then.
Yeah, last night I was thinking the same thing about Greece. Sounds like the € is going to take a hit no matter which way the cards fall. I was wondering how dependent is WDW on the European visitor?

Goofyernmost

Yeah, last night I was thinking the same thing about Greece. Sounds like the € is going to take a hit no matter which way the cards fall. I was wondering how dependent is WDW on the European visitor?
Not to get too serious in the "where isn't Bob Saget" thraed, but if it was just Europe that is affected, I don't think it would mean much, but, the stock market has been very jumpy lately because of it, and it's mostly jumping downward. The world is so closely linked now that what happens in Europe happens here.

I also heard that Bob Saget was not seen buying Euro's now that the price is low. It's starting to look like Canadian money was in the 70's. Back then if you were caught giving out Canadian money as change in a store, you might be shot on the spot and no one would blame them. ;):joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom