Universal annual pass

Mukta

Original Poster
I am thinking about upgrading my 2 day 2 park ticket when I visit in September. Can I do this at the gates and just pay the difference? Anything I should know about having a Universal AP?

BrerJon

Yup you can do this at the ticket window or any guest relations window and pay the difference.

Just know there are different types of pass to choose from. Power Pass has blockout dates and doesn't include parking or 10% discount, Preferred Pass, which is the most common one, includes parking and a 10% discount on food and merch, and no blockouts, and there is also the Premier Pass, which has all that plus Express Pass included. There's also a discount for Florida residents, so if you are one, let them know.

BrianV

And if you are staying on site, often you can get discounts. You can book an AP rate and then when you get there upgrade at the hotel ticket office.

If you only go non-blackout dates, the power pass is the way to go.

BrianV

How much are the passes per tier? I got a three day park to park from undercover tourist.

And I have to pay parking even staying at onsite hotel if I'm power- right?

If you are staying onsite, you have to pay for parking no matter which pass you have. The parking discount is only for day guests in the day lots, not the hotel guests...not sure which tier, but for sure not included with power pass.

Check out the website for the current pass rate, last year the powerpass was $215 for non Florida guests.

Mukta

Original Poster
Thanks for all of the info!

I don't ever have a car there, so parking isn't an issue for me. I mostly go in the off season, so I am leaning towards the Power Pass right now. I'll decide when I get there.

BrianV

Thanks for all of the info!

I don't ever have a car there, so parking isn't an issue for me. I mostly go in the off season, so I am leaning towards the Power Pass right now. I'll decide when I get there.

One more thing...if you have an Amex card, you can get a bunch of food and merchandise discounts. Amex + Powerpass is a pretty good option.

Have fun!

DisneyPan

I'm in the same boat. I want the preferred pass for free parking, but I like the power pass + Amex situation some of you talked about.

Quick questions about the preferred pass. Do they mail you the annual pass? Why do you pay parking for the first visit?

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm in the same boat. I want the preferred pass for free parking, but I like the power pass + Amex situation some of you talked about.

Quick questions about the preferred pass. Do they mail you the annual pass? Why do you pay parking for the first visit?
I just got mine in the mail. The date of first use is the day it's activated so I guess that's why

JoeCamel

You are going to need a new avatar ;)

The pass is not active and time running until first use and when they scan it at parking it has not been used to enter the parks yet so it is not active. You get the same thing at Disney when you first get a pass.

BrianV

Just a heads up. We are still in Florida, but were at Universal last week. The amex discount was very confusing for them. Some places had no problem, and just gave it. Some places I expected to offer it (e.g. the three broomsticks) said they didn't have it. This was odd since the food carts in hogsmeade said they did. I didn't feel like making a stink for four or five dollars.

Most frustrating was at a gift shop where we'd saved up all of our purchases to get the 15% discount. They said you needed a special voucher which I knew was bunk. We fought a bit and finally showed them the universal website and they conceded! but insisted they were right but just being nice.

They must be planning to end this as well like the now defunct AAA discount for non AAA-purchased tickets. However, the website shows it as still available until end of 2015. You best bet is to book mark the discount page on your phone and show it to anyone who questions it.

danpam1024

I just got mine in the mail. The date of first use is the day it's activated so I guess that's why
you can actually take your receipt to guest services and get your money paid for parking back. Sometimes the line isn't so long, but most of the time it's really not worth the hassle. Personally, I would- it's like 2 free drinks :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom