Welcome to the all-new WDWMAGIC

flynnibus

Premium Member
Visual Studio - sounds just like my days. VM Ware Fusion is my best friend. Let's me run OS X, but with a Windows 8 VM for running visual studio in parallel to OS X.

Yeah of course it's possible... But we have a massive project so we try to find every eek of juice from our machines to keep the compile time down and project swapping fast... Generally keeping us away from fusion. And I really didn't want to mess with dual boot as an alternative. The Lenovo w line has served me well for many years now (plus the docking solution is rock solid now). There are some decent Mac docks now... But still pretty expensive. But in cutting irony we are moving forward(eww) to Java so MacBooks dominate that landscape

Omnispace

For May 2015 on the forums only.

iOS 41%
Windows 35%
Android 13%
osx 11%

Windows is constantly trending down with our users. I expect in another year for android and OS X to be very close to Windows.

We ensure everything works on Windows (and yep, we even went back to things like IE9), but we are not going to hold back and limit things based on a declining userbase of old OS.

Interesting information. Makes sense if you consider that many people are using their iPhones and iPads to access the site. Do your stats differentiate between mobile and desktop users?

lazyboy97o

Interesting information. Makes sense if you consider that many people are using their iPhones and iPads to access the site. Do your stats differentiate between mobile and desktop users?
The numbers posted are mostly differentiated. iOS and Android are mobile while Windows and OS X are desktop. So 54% of users are on a mobile system.

KathyJetson

I think the site looks great and thank you for all your hard work. The only thing I would ask is an option closer to the blue background. I have it on dimmed but it really hurts my eyes and I find myself squinting while reading. Again thank you.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Can I add to the font discussion? Perhaps it's slightly too slim or not bold enough on a iPad Air.

Or maybe it's my age...
It is really hard with fonts. It is just like colors. Extremely hard to please everyone.

We started work on the main site rework a year ago, and we went tried many different fonts. We were aiming for something different to what was there before, something that looked great on mobile, something that shows off high DPI retina displays, something that worked on 100% of devices, and something that fitted spacing requirements of the layout. We found our final choice to be the best of the bunch. It isn't perfect, none of them are, but I think given time you will be OK with it. That was my experience from using it exclusively over the last 3 months.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
FWIW, the site looks fabulous on an iMac with 5K Retina Display and both Firefox and Safari. Very smooth.
Great to hear - lovely machine you've got there!

We worked hard on making sure all the images were Retina. So you will find all the gallery images throughout are making use of that display.

BoarderPhreak

If the font is too light/small, try using Firefox - and zoom in (CTRL + on Windows, ⌘ + on Mac OS X). It will remember your setting for the site.

BoarderPhreak

Great to hear - lovely machine you've got there!

We worked hard on making sure all the images were Retina. So you will find all the gallery images throughout are making use of that display.

Thanks! Yes, it's an amazing display for sure. Demanding on web content, but when it's good - it's GOOD! I use it for photography mostly though.

So far, yeah, everything's looking really good.

Mot

When I saw the change I feared the worst. I was pleasantly surprised by the update. Great Job! Photos look better than ever. And navigation has been a breeze. Keep up the great work on the site.
Thanks.

Polyman

I hate change. This site change reminds me of a supermarket. Just when you have learned where everything is in every aisle, they go ahead and change it.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I hate change. This site change reminds me of a supermarket. Just when you have learned where everything is in every aisle, they go ahead and change it.
Generally supermarkets do that to streamline the shopping process.

I feel streamlined as heck right now.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
All due respect, but could that resistance to change have anything to do with your age?

DisneyJunkie

One question (and forgive me if I overlooked this already answered), but will we be able to hover our mice over the headings across the top and have the sections open up without having to click on them? I.E.....just hovering over "forums" will we see the list and be able to pick which one to go into, or will it stay where we have to click on it and then click on the next section and so on?

Mot

Normally I'm on my iPad Air or desktop computer when reviewing what's new. Today I used my iPhone 5s and the ease of navigating has really improved on it. Again great job on the updates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom