Mine ride animatronics vs ariels grotto

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
i was on the rides last night and the difference was striking, why?
Seems like the mine ride had more care and detail than the Aerial ride.
One had the wow factor and the other seemed just OK. Any thoughts.
Cudos to the mine train imagineers.

Daniel Johnson

As much as I liked 7dmt, there is a special place in my heart and mind for little mermaid, and, while the ride isn't the best it could have been, it still is great in its own way. The ursula scene (imo) is one of the best at the mk. But, everyone has their own opnion... Not to take anything from 7dmt, it is also well done, just a different overall feeling..to me

Jon81uk

I've only ridden the CA version, but the issue I had with the Mermaid ride was that it is just a lazy retelling of the film. Same with Nemo at Epcot. I much prefer things like seven dwarves, festival of lion king, toy story mania etc where they are telling a new story or a different interpretation.

Flippin'Flounder

I've only ridden the CA version, but the issue I had with the Mermaid ride was that it is just a lazy retelling of the film. Same with Nemo at Epcot. I much prefer things like seven dwarves, festival of lion king, toy story mania etc where they are telling a new story or a different interpretation.
The Nemo ride at Epcot is a whole new story. It's an awful one, but it's new.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
How is 7D anything other than the original story? It's just that it's focusing on the mine and cabin. Mermaid is focusing on specific scenes in the movie. I'm not sure there is much difference other than style of telling the story.

George Lucas on a Bench

I think they did a better job with the more basic static figures on the old dark rides. The new AAs are just getting weirder and creepier as they employ digital technology or whatever new techniques. Ariel goes from adorable cartoon to vaguely anime off-model uncanny valley freakshow.

the_little_mermaid.jpg

Okay, it's not that bad. There are many issues with TLM ride, but I'd say the biggest is that it's just kind of lost somewhere in between being a classic FL dark ride type of thing and a more modern E ticket. There aren't enough elements of either type of ride. For instance, it ends up feeling "cheap" as you move through the huge Under the Sea show scene with a neat Sebastian AA. Everything else in that room is basically done with old-school FL dark ride-esque techniques, but looks like crap because you're not gliding through it as you would one of those FL dark rides and it's too bright (even after the refurb), so you can scrutinize everything.

orlando678-

I think they did a better job with the more basic static figures on the old dark rides. The new AAs are just getting weirder and creepier as they employ digital technology or whatever new techniques. Ariel goes from adorable cartoon to vaguely anime off-model uncanny valley freakshow.

the_little_mermaid.jpg

Okay, it's not that bad. There are many issues with TLM ride, but I'd say the biggest is that it's just kind of lost somewhere in between being a classic FL dark ride type of thing and a more modern E ticket. There aren't enough elements of either type of ride. For instance, it ends up feeling "cheap" as you move through the huge Under the Sea show scene with a neat Sebastian AA. Everything else in that room is basically done with old-school FL dark ride-esque techniques, but looks like crap when because you're not gliding through it as you would one of those FL dark rides and it's too bright (even after the refurb), so you can scrutinize everything.
Isnt the scene darker now after the refurbishment?

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
When you hit the main dwarf area it hits big, but when you hit the main area of lm it just a bunch of toys just not good enough for Disney, now Ursula is good but why aren't,t the other parts as good?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom