Playmation: New Disney Toys

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I just saw the video pop up in my feed. They seem really interesting.

http://www.playmation.com/

Playmation is the next step in the evolution of play, where digital gets physical and imagination becomes real. The groundbreaking system of toys and wearables uses smart technology to inspire kids to run around and use their imaginations, as they become the hero or heroine of stories from across The Walt Disney Company.

Avengers is coming later this year and Star Wars is coming in 2016. Frozen is in development.

Playmation is not a video game. It is an entirely new category of play – unlike anything you’ve ever experienced. You will go through familiar gameplay experiences of leveling up, earning points and completing missions There is a companion app, but Playmation is not meant to be played in front of a screen. Instead, you become part of the story in real life--running around and using your imagination to complete missions and go on exciting adventures.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I can see a kid ending up getting hurt cause he went too hard while playing and the company being sued as a result.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
I can see a kid ending up getting hurt cause he went too hard while playing and the company being sued as a result.

That could be said for nearly any toy. My son and his friends used to beat the daylights out of each other with lightsabers when he was little.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Nerdist got to play test it and posted some pictures - http://nerdist.com/disney-unveils-playmation-the-future-of-play/

"Using wearable technology and mobile software, kids’ virtual play comes to life with activity, encouraging jumping, running, and their own imaginations. So very Stark Industries. Speaking of Stark, the first roll-out of the play system is the Marvel’s Avengers starter pack that comes with five connected toys: one wearable Iron Man Repulsor, two Power Activators, and two Smart Figures — Captain America and Iron Skullwhich are exclusive to the pack."

Playmation-starter-pack-06022015.jpg

"The idea isn’t for you to become Iron Man, but rather for you to take a lead role in an adventure full of creativity using your own imagination. Strapping on the gear, you are instantly connected to JARVIS who sends you on your mission and you can’t help but feel like an Avenger. The accessories can be adjusted to fit sizes from child to adult."

Playmation-presentation-06022015.jpg

Smart Figures include heroes Black Widow, Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye, Falcon and Vision, as well as supervillains Ultron and Loki, and I even spied a MODOK figure amongst the display. Another piece of play-set to be released? Gamma Gear Hulk Hands!

Playmation-Gamma-Gear-06022015.jpg

The Playmation Marvel’s Avengers Starter Pack pre-order begins July 7, will retail for $119.99, and will launch in October — just in time for the holidays.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom