Not a Clue

BrerJon

And here is how I would blast my way through the parks in one day.

First you need a park to park pass. Enter USF first. Go in this order.

Mummy
Transformers
ET
Simpsons
Men in Black
Gringott's
Hogwarts Express
Forbidden Journey
Jurassic Park River Adventure
Spider-man
Hulk
Cat in the Hat
Hogwarts Express again (different effects each way)
Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket
Dispicable Me

That would be one VERY full day.

I agree with this plan. Obviously different people have different tastes but in order to make the day even more relaxing I'd cut Transformers ( but do Spider-Man which is the same ride system only with shorter lines), probably cut Men In Black (you could always go back to it if you found time at the end of the day), and only do The Simpsons if you like the TV show.

I wouldn't cut anything from the other park (although Hulk is pretty much a standard rollercoaster), but I wouldn't bother with Despicable Me, unless you like the film, or Rip Ride Rockit, unless you want a rough rollercoaster, as both of those have long lines for very average attractions.

Given all that, this would be my itinerary:

Straight to London and Gringotts - brave the line - if not a big Harry Potter fan, do the single rider line - the queue is immersive, but not worth an extra hour of your time unless you know the films well.

Explore Diagon Alley, then take Hogwarts Express to Islands of Adventure.

Explore Hogsmeade, then ride Forbidden Journey.

Explore Jurassic Park, ride Jurrassic Park River Adventure.

Walk through Toon Lagoon to Marvel Super-Hero Island and ride Spider-Man.

If you feel in the mood for a big coaster, ride Hulk.

If you feel in the mood for a Disney-style dark ride, ride Cat In The Hat.

Walk through Lost Continent back to Hogsmeade and take the Hogwarts Express back to the other park.

Ride ET, The Mummy, and anything else you have time for or feel you have missed.

Jwhee

It reminds me a lot of Hershey park in Pennsylvania. Hershey has a lot of coasters that I have ridden. These look tame compared to the ones at Hershey. They also have the 3d rides really similar to the Harry Potter ride. Hershey entertainment is one of the best though. .

I'm pretty sure Hershey Park and Walt Disney World don't have anything like this...
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2014/07/da.jpg

Or...
Potter-Hogsmeade.jpg

Just so you know what you're getting into because it doesn't seem like you have the full idea yet- Universal does Disney better than Walt Disney World.

graphite1326

Original Poster
Universal is much closer to and even exceeding Disney in many ways than Hershey park. And I guarentee you the Hershey does not have ANYTHING like Gringott's. WDW doesn't have anything like Gringott's. And between the 2 parks, they only have 3 big coasters. the parks at UOR aren't coaster parks. No more that DHS is a coaster park.

Here is the short list of highlights.

USF:

Dispicable Me: Minion Mayhem
Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket (less intense that (RnR)
Mummy
Transformers
ET
Simpsons
Men In Black
Gringott's
Hogwarts Express

IOA:

Forbidden Journey
Dragon Challenge (2- 5 loop inverted coaster)
Spider-man
Hulk (7 loop launched coaster)
Cat in the Hat

And here is how I would blast my way through the parks in one day.

Mummy
Transformers
ET
Simpsons
Men in Black
Gringott's
Hogwarts Express
Forbidden Journey
Spider-man
Hulk
Cat in the Hat
Dispicable Me

actually Hershey has something almost exactly like Gringott's.

graphite1326

Original Poster
I'm pretty sure Hershey Park and Walt Disney World don't have anything like this...
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2014/07/da.jpg

Or...
Potter-Hogsmeade.jpg

Just so you know what you're getting into because it doesn't seem like you have the full idea yet- Universal does Disney better than Walt Disney World.
Ok what is this, a place to shop?

JoeCamel

Ok what is this, a place to shop?

Yep pretty much a place to buy things that young wizards need and to keep the wizard community in the bubble. The entire alley is dedicated to money and rightfully so.

Best mall I have ever been to and the ride is pretty cool as well.

Back when malls were just getting built it was an adventure to go to the large enclosed space with all the stores, you could spend hours just looking at the stuff and the people. Goes on today and so far this is the best one yet!

There is no doubt the Universal Creative hit one out of the park here, I am proud to spend my money there.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
My wife wants to spend a day at Universal during our next WDW vacation. I have no clue about universal. Could someone give me a schedule on what to see there. We are older so we won't be doing intense coasters. However, we do RnRoller coaster and Tot all the time. Love them. We want to go to both parks and do as much as possible in one day.

I need to start somewhere. Little help please?
I just want to say those are not Tap Dancers they are Irish Dancers. They are different dance skill sets even though they both making tapping noises.

I have been to Hershey several times. The only thing Hershey does better is wooden roller coasters oh and chocolate.

BrerJon

I've never heard of Hershey Park, but it sounds amazing... if it's up to the standards of Universal Orlando then I need to get booking a trip ASAP!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I've never heard of Hershey Park, but it sounds amazing... if it's up to the standards of Universal Orlando then I need to get booking a trip ASAP!
It's not Universal by any shake of the stick. It is somewhere between a Six Flags and a Busch Gardens style park. It's a great park, but it's not even in the same league as Uni Orlando.

Tinkerkelle

Mummy
Transformers
ET
Simpsons
Men in Black
Gringott's
Hogwarts Express
Forbidden Journey
Spider-man
Hulk
Cat in the Hat
Dispicable Me

...yeah, and a super awesome day too!!!

jloucks

My wife wants to spend a day at Universal during our next WDW vacation. I have no clue about universal. Could someone give me a schedule on what to see there. We are older so we won't be doing intense coasters. However, we do RnRoller coaster and Tot all the time. Love them. We want to go to both parks and do as much as possible in one day.

We did 4 solid days (5 nights), and it was about right. 2 Days will leave you wanting more, which might be a good thing? 1 day is pretty much impossible. ..unless all you want to do it just walk the parks look at stuff. That you could do in a single day along w' meals. ...so long as you don't end up on one of the days they cut the park hours short to rent out the park (happened to us). Search through the website first and look for short days, because the sure won't tell you during the purchase process.

BrianV

actually Hershey has something almost exactly like Gringott's.

Im curious how you have "no clue about Universal" but claim to know that Hershey has a ride "almost exactly like" it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom