VIP Rooms/areas

-matt

I got to go into the HP Red Planet Room today! The entrance is just to the left after you choose your Orange or Green pass, then goes up a flight of stairs once in the door. Note that if you change your mind for the ride, the VIP staff (there were 2 really nice women that were there) can give you whichever you like once you are in. They also have a secret door that puts you right into the FastPass line (without needing to get one ahead of time!)

The room is not huge, but is really nice and comfortable (and has A/C). It has a cool looking 'bar' setup with free sodas, ice water, etc. There are also special Mission Space items to purchase (cash only) with HP branding on it (got some baseball caps, but there were t-shirts and maybe some other stuff).

There are bean bag chairs, couches and small tables for your drinks. You have views overlooking both the ride queue and the post card area at the end of the ride. It is dark glass so kind of hard to see out (and be seen)

On one wall there is a large world map (near the private bathroom) that has pins to stick on the map to indicate where you are from and has space next to it that has pictures of previous visitors (and you can post one if you want). They have a printer there you can print a photo out on, too (HP of course) There is also a table top maze video game you can play - sort of like a computerized marble maze that you tilt to move the ball.

We also got to see and play with the new HP Sprout computer (which has a work surface projector and 3D camera/scanner) that was prominently set up by the reception desk.

It was a great overall experience so if you get a chance (know an HP employee, etc) be sure to go, even if it is just for a short period of time.

I don't have pics at the moment but can maybe post a couple later after I get them from my wife's phone.

Cheers!
-matt

Last edited:

HolleBolleGijs

I got to go into the HP Red Planet Room today! The entrance is just to the left after you choose your Orange or Green pass, then goes up a flight of stairs once in the door. Note that if you change your mind for the ride, the VIP staff (there were 2 really nice women that were there) can give you whichever you like once you are in. They also have a secret door that puts you right into the FastPass line (without needing to get one ahead of time!)

The room is not huge, but is really nice and comfortable (and has A/C). It has a cool looking 'bar' setup with free sodas, ice water, etc. There are also special Mission Space items to purchase (cash only) with HP branding on it (got some baseball caps, but there were t-shirts and maybe some other stuff).

There are bean bag chairs, couches and small tables for your drinks. You have views overlooking both the ride queue and the post card area at the end of the ride. It is dark glass so kind of hard to see out (and be seen)

On one wall there is a large world map (near the private bathroom) that has pins to stick on the map to indicate where you are from and has space next to it that has pictures of previous visitors (and you can post one if you want). They have a printer there you can print a photo out on, too (HP of course) There is also a table top maze video game you can play - sort of like a computerized marble maze that you tilt to move the ball.

We also got to see and play with the new HP Sprout computer (which has a work surface projector and 3D camera/scanner) that was prominently set up by the reception desk.

It was a great overall experience so if you get a chance (know an HP employee, etc) be sure to go, even if it is just for a short period of time.

I don't have pics at the moment but can maybe post a couple later after I get them from my wife's phone.

Cheers!
-matt

I got to see this room during the Undiscovered Future World tour! By far one of the coolest places I got to see.

HouCuseChickie

FIL used to work for Exxon. Back in 1998, he got us access to their VIP lounge at UOE. It was nothing exciting really, but it was air conditioned, the seats were comfy, I seem to remember tv and snacks, and we were given VIP access to the attraction...which really just meant letting us enter the room and pick out our seats in he moving vehicles before the people in the pre-show entered. We were allowed to come back at any point in the day if we wanted to relax and get more soft drinks.

yedliW

Disney Visa does not have a lounge for its card holders that I am aware of. In Innoventions West there is a Disney Visa Card holders (only) meet and greet. It is marked clearly with a sign and you get in line and a CM will ask to see your Disney Visa card to allow you to access it.

There was a Chase card VIP lounge at EPCOT when we were there last month. It may have just been for F&W, but it was upstairs in the American pavilion. It had Coke machines, some comfy chairs to sit and relax and a room with a couple of xboxes with the Disney Infinity game playing. It didn't have to be the Disney Visa, any Chase card would let you in, and 1 card would get up to 6 people in, so large groups would need multiple cards to get everyone upstairs.

I worked for GM corporate years ago and was able to enter the Test Track VIP center in 2005. There was literally nothing there and we left in 5 minutes.

Does any GM employee get access to this, or do you have to be higher up?

KordovaJD

Does any GM employee get access to this, or do you have to be higher up?

It was open to all current and retired GM employees. But you had to show your badge, and they checked your GMIN against the company database. But, that was over 10 years ago, I have no idea how it works anymore. Not sure if it even exists after the ride was revamped in 2012.

DreamfinderGuy

It was open to all current and retired GM employees. But you had to show your badge, and they checked your GMIN against the company database. But, that was over 10 years ago, I have no idea how it works anymore. Not sure if it even exists after the ride was revamped in 2012.
Hate to bump a new thread, but the lounge is definitely still there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom