Inexpensive wall pin displays :)

Soarin' Over Pgh

Original Poster
Hi girls! And guys! And kids! And mice!

I did these as a quick mini project because I was tired of my pins being stuck in a bag and in my drawer! All I needed was two sets of wooden photo frames from Michael's ($1.99 a set) and a roll of thin cork DIY board ($3) hot glue gun and glue and some paint which I already had :)

I doubled up the cork to make it thicker but really, it wasn't so necessary. I painted each a bright color (pink, yellow, blue and orange) then used a crackle glaze, then painted them solid white.

A little hot gluey gluey action, and viola!

(Sorry this one looks darker, it's now dark outside and my lighting sucks)

Tada! It's perfect for my budding little collection. I have some others I didn't add to these just yet, so they'll be a bit more full. With a quick tack to the wall, they'll be set.

How do you display your pins?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Cute idea! This will be great for displaying my kids special pins. This is how I display our pins from our trips but wanted something different for the pins that belong to my kids.

5105c519-9911-449a-bebf-9a2b4c6e1a54_zps2d801fb7.jpg

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'll have to take some pictures of what I use, but it is basically a black shadow box with a hinged lid from Michael's Crafts. It has a soft back that the pins will go right into and only costs around $20 +/-. The great thing about it is you do not have to dust your pins.

Another good choice is simply using a painting canvas. They are really inexpensive for a lot of surface area and all you have to do to make them look formal is a picture frame.

steph88

I did these as a quick mini project because I was tired of my pins being stuck in a bag and in my drawer! All I needed was two sets of wooden photo frames from Michael's ($1.99 a set) and a roll of thin cork DIY board ($3) hot glue gun and glue and some paint which I already had :)

I doubled up the cork to make it thicker but really, it wasn't so necessary. I painted each a bright color (pink, yellow, blue and orange) then used a crackle glaze, then painted them solid white.

Tada! It's perfect for my budding little collection. I have some others I didn't add to these just yet, so they'll be a bit more full. With a quick tack to the wall, they'll be set.

What a cute idea! Will be doing this in the future

Car01:)

R u kidding me, soooo cute!

NYwdwfan

I have to show this to my daughter. Her pins are in a drawer and she would LOVE to display them instead. I can't believe it never crossed my mind to create a display like this!

Tylerb08

Well as I love making crafts and what not, I now know I will make a custom frame to display things in. I especially like the crackle effect. Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom