Untitled: A New Dream Project

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Well, the point of cancelling a show because of bad weather is because the weather is harsh enough that it requires the show to be cancelled. Canada is an icy country and if Fantasy Lagoon freezes over, the mist screens won't work. And if it's raining, snowing, or incredibly windy, fireworks can't happen.

By the way...I'm kind of contemplating starting over from scratch with the entry land. I'm displeased with it. It looks unfinished and it's weird...thoughts on this? I'm still willing to put together a Main Street alternative with lots of substance, but personally, I could do much better than Dreamer's Cove. This would mean I'd have to start over from scratch, maybe even changing the location so all my plans for Adventureland could work better with the weather. Thoughts?

Potential Main Street ideas? Which ones would you like to see?

1. 1920's Main Street, featuring the Haunted Mansion & Tower of Terror
2. San Francisco Main Street
3. Reworked Dreamer's Cove, featuring no futuristic theme
4. Old New York Main Street
. None of the Above

Last edited:

DisneyManOne

To be quite honest, I really liked the idea of Dreamer's Cove, but I'm sure you'll include elements of it in your new take on your dream resort. Maybe it can be its own sub-land in Tomorrowland, possibly situated on the border between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland...

Twilight_Roxas

Speaking of Tomorrowland wonder what your going to do with that due to Marvel, Tron, Star Wars, and the movie Tomorrowland?

Last edited:

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
If not Dreamer's Cove, it will be incorporated into the overall storyline and design of my park's Tomorrowland. Roxas, all science fiction characters will have their own land, not Tomorrowland.

As for shows being cancelled to weather...the point is, the viewing area was outside where the weather is harsh. If the main show is cancelled because of weather, no one is going to want to stand around outside and get pelted with whatever is falling from the sky while a lesser version of the cancelled show, hence the substitute being projected on the ceiling.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
But the fact of the matter is you cannot have hundreds of guests stand outside in the open air during a weather storm of some kind, even if fireworks are not used.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Not sure yet, if there are, it will be the same plot throughout the year, I'll just swap out some scenes for appropriate seasonal scenes.

Twilight_Roxas

Because whatever is going to be in the action segment like Peter Pan or Pirates. I have this idea for the final part of the holiday segments that transcends into that segment from the Let It Go segment.

Brer Panther

I think the New York idea sounds fun, but you always come up with pretty cool Haunted Mansions, so the first one would have to be my next choice.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Apologies for the lack of updates...I've been working everyday this week for straight eight hour shifts...I promise to have something up very soon! If it's any consolation, I'm truly working on something spectacular that will knock your socks off. In the meantime, I will post little hints and previews at what lies ahead...and here's the first preview...

As a native of California and having lived about thirty minutes away from Disneyland my entire life, a huge part of my childhood was this guy and his iconic roar...

His chilling visage and bloodcurdling howl chill me to the bone to this day. Now, with the advent of the 60th Anniversary, "Harold" is bigger and scarier than ever. Observe.

As an armchair Imagineer, it has often crossed my mind many a time in regards to bringing a similar monster and ride to an original Disney theme park without having to clone the Matterhorn or the equally awesome Expedition Everest. But how? Initially, my thought was to combine Everest and Matterhorn, having several appearances by a white-furred yeti and the addition of glistening, crystal-laden caverns to Mt. Everest. But then I began to think that the Yeti/Abominable Snowman isn't the only monstrous ape of folklore...North America has their own yeti...Bigfoot, or his original name: Sasquatch. That's when the idea for Glacier Peak hit me.

Set in the luscious pine forests of the Pacific Northwest, Glacier Peak combines the Matterhorn, Everest, Big Thunder and Big Grizzly into one epic thrill ride. Set in the aftermath of a successful gold rush, riders board ramshackle mine trains at the foot of Glacier Peak, a rugged, snow-capped mountain once filled to the brim with riches beyond even the Cave of Wonders' dreams. Legend has it that while successful, the mining operation was constantly plagued by a mysterious "ape-man," known to the local Indians as the "Sasquatch." Having caused constant misfortunes and horrible accidents, the mining operation was abandoned, leaving the abandoned mine shafts to be haunted by the spirits of lost miners and inhabited by the angry, red-eyed Sasquatch. All those brave enough to ride may just end up on the "wildest ride in the wilderness."

The Sasquatch itself would resemble the new Matterhorn Yeti, albeit taller, brown-furred, and tan-faced, while the mine trains would resemble Big Grizzly's trains, albeit a bit more aged by years of ice and snow and marked as property of the "Glacier Peak Mining Co." Glacier Peak, like its countless sources of inspiration is a coaster, featuring a backwards portion, a California Screamin'-esque launch sequence, and an odd twist: a loop.

Want to hear more about this unique twist on a classic ride? You'll have to wait and see...

Last edited:

Brer Panther

I remember that in your old "Disneyland Australia" thread, we had all original Fantasyland dark rides instead of Peter Pan, Snow White, and the like. Will you be doing that here?

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Yes and no. Peter Pan will have his own E-Ticket in an entirely different land, whilst Snow White will be the only classic dark ride found in Fantasyland (no mine train; there's another coaster themed to a classic film) as it is my personal favorite Fantasyland dark ride to begin with and I feel as if being the first animated film, she deserves her own flagship attraction in Fantasyland.

Winnie the Pooh will be the only contemporary classic to join the dark ride roster with an innovative track-changing ride system. Essentially, guests will board giant heffalump-bees that start off like the suspended Peter Pan ships of Peter Pan's Flight, zooming around the winds of the Blustery Day, only to get "struck by lightning" and sent splashing down into the waters of a rainy night, turning into a boat ride. During the Heffalump and Woozle segment, the vehicles depart from the track, turning into a trackless dark ride with madcap motions. Finally, in the finale, the bees take to the skies again.

The other dark rides will be completely original.

Twilight_Roxas

I thought of a easy way to show Fantasmic without canceling. In Disneyland Paris during the winter they never use there mist screens, and put the characters that are mist screen projected on the castle instead, and the fountains even if its 20, 30 or 40 degrees they never froze once. Tokyo Disneyland showed Once Upon A Time during the rain with less fireworks. Plus it doesn't always snow in Toronto nor freeze the water.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
I'm honestly going to change the location of the park anyways, so weather will be an issue once I decide on a location. For the time being, I'm working out all of the kinks in my ideas and fleshing everything out to give you all the best creative experience possible. Dream resorts are a lot of work and, as a perfectionist, it takes time to do these things and to do them correctly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom