No Tron Love

Cmdr_Crimson

Tomorrowland and John Carter killed Disney SciFy.
I thought it was...
Prince_of_Persia_poster.jpg

blueboxdoctor

I thought it was...
Prince_of_Persia_poster.jpg

I actually liked this movie (except the bird racing part). Maybe it's because it's one of my favorite game series (the Sands of Time trilogy) but I actually enjoyed this movie. Sure, it's not great, but definitely not awful (true, it changed some things from the games, but I thought it worked well. I was more surprised it was a Disney movie (but people should be glad that the new Assassin's Creed movie will not be Disney).

As for Tron, well, the effects are great but the movies, not so much.

danheaton

It's too bad since I felt like they were just scratching the surface with Tron Legacy. Still, I think it's pretty cool they made a sequel and were able to get Jeff Bridges into it. I think there just isn't a public clamor for another one.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
It's too bad since I felt like they were just scratching the surface with Tron Legacy. Still, I think it's pretty cool they made a sequel and were able to get Jeff Bridges into it. I think there just isn't a public clamor for another one.
400 million at the box office usually means interest

lunchbox1175

Actually I was pleasantly surprised that I liked John Carter as much as I did. But, it did flop at the movies. I liked Tron Legacy a lot...it is ashame that reheated pablum does so well at the box office and anything new or groundbreaking in terms of storyline seems to struggle so much.
Yeah, i'm with you, I actually liked both movies....its a shame that they did so poorly.

danheaton

400 million at the box office usually means interest

What I mean is that now that Tron Legacy was released, Disney doesn't feel there's enough excitement to warrant a sequel. Whether that's correct or not is another question. Despite all the people going (and some loving Tron Legacy), it was considered disappointing overall on the creative side. I enjoyed it, so I'm not giving my opinion on it. It's just a sense I get of why it might not be getting another film.

Matt_Black

Tron 3 was trending all over Twitter when the cancellation was announced, so obviously people were interested in some fashion.

Victor Kelly

I wonder what the plot line was going to be. Afterall, Flynn "died" at the end of Legacy. You have Sam and Quorra in the real world. Possibly Flynn survived, we know Tron survived and changed back to good.

Cmdr_Crimson

While the movie has been cancelled they did however say that Disney Infinity 3.0 will have the Sam Flynn & Quorra figures that were originally a digital release are now becoming figures for the Disney Set..
sam_quorra.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom