WDWMagic Disneyland subforum Disneyland meet-up (in real life) interest thread

George Lucas on a Bench

Original Poster
Hoping to deliver what the title promises. Anyway, I've been meaning to bring this up. Who would be interested in a meet-up? We've been discussing the 60th for months. Here it is. Now, let's go see it together?

What we could do is put together a group on social media...Facebook? I think just about everyone on Earth has that?

Last edited:

Figments Friend

I'm game.
Would enjoy meeting up with all of you.

I propose a meet up around the time of the D23 Expo...sometime during the week before or after perhaps?
I know some of you attend, or live close enough to breeze into the Resort area on a whim.

I'll be around August 13th thru the 18th if anything is happening.
:)

Figments Friend

I don't consider myself a big fan of the 'Haunted Mansion Holiday'.
It is a fun seasonal change, and i have enjoyed seeing it in person the past couple of years but starting it in September is just too darn early!
This is primarily a 'Christmas overlay' in my opinion, and i would much rather experience the Mansion as it's creepy self for it's season of seasons - Halloween !
What better time to do so then at that time of year..?

Sure, the' Nightmare Before Christmas' characters and the film they are from are definitely related to Halloween too, but i find the 'HMH' to be leaning far more towards the X-mas end of the spectrum.
Looking at that in September is just not appealing to me. At ALL.
I want scary, creepy, and spooky for the Halloween season...not candy canes, X-mas trees, and 'Sandy Claws'.
Bah !

November, yes...December, oh yes. Fits perfectly with the festive winter season.
But September...?

Uh...no thanks.
Just seems waaaay too early regardless of it being the starting time of the annual HalloweenTime season.

Ztonyg

I really enjoy it. It in no way surpasses the original, but it's still fun to look forward to every year.

I agree with this.

The truly "ruined" ride is Space Mountain ghost galaxy. They take my favorite attraction at the park and turn it into my least favorite attraction at the park.

Californian Elitist

I agree with this.

The truly "ruined" ride is Space Mountain ghost galaxy. They take my favorite attraction at the park and turn it into my least favorite attraction at the park.

Haunted Mansion Holiday is a more dramatic change from the original than Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy. Not sure why you believe that's ruined, but not HMH.

Ztonyg

Haunted Mansion Holiday is a more dramatic change from the original than Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy. Not sure why you believe that's ruined, but not HMH.

I understand that HMH is a more dramatic change. Granted, the 1st time I experienced HMH I thought that it was "really neat" and subsequent times I've thought it was "cool, but I prefer the regular HM".

Ghost Galaxy changes the music (which by the way is 1/2 of the Space Mountain experience) and ads way too much lighting (the lack of is part of the other 1/2 of the experience) to Space Mountain which results in a much less intense ride experience and changes the "simple but amazingly themed roller coaster in the dark" to a "simple and less intense roller coaster in the less dark with a crummy ghost overlay".

Stevek

I really enjoy it. It in no way surpasses the original, but it's still fun to look forward to every year.
I always enjoy it as well but I really wish it would be there for less than 4 months. Would be great if they did it just for November/December as despite all the pumpkins outside, it always felt more like a Christmas ride than Halloween. It's just a bit of a bummer to have the real HM gone for a third of the year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom