parking vs. shuttle

amaley01

Original Poster
In the past we have stayed on site but this year we are very lucky and got a really great deal off site (CAN $400/wk for 1bedroom incl. taxes, parking & no presentation required!) :happy::happy::happy: . We’ll have a car but believe the resort offers a shuttle for a fee $/per person. We’ll be getting Disney park-hop tickets, so we’re wondering how much to budget. Do you have to pay per day or can you buy a parking pass for a week? Thanks to the forums, we’ll keep in mind to park at the lot that we’re going to end our day. :cool:
Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Parking is currently $17 per day. There are no weekly or multi-day passes. Once you pay for parking you can go from park to park without paying again in the same day.

My experience with the free shuttle is they tend to prove the adage "you get what you pay for". Their quality will vary wildly by resort, but most run on a set schedule and rather infrequently. If you miss the last one at the end of the day, you will have to grab a cab. Some will drop you at the ticket and transportation center and require you to take Disney transportation from there.

If you have a car, use it. The time you save will be well worth the $17 you pay to park.

Chernaboggles

I'm with Master Yoda on this one. Skip the shuttle, pay for the parking. Whether you're done with a park or done for the day, being able to just slide into your own car, crank the AC and just GO is a truly wonderful thing.

SAV

Definitely use your car. I always rent one, even when we are on-site. It's just so good to be able to get into your own vehicle at the end of a long day and set the AC where you want it and go. No stops anywhere else, unless you want to make one. For us it is money well spent when we are off-site.

LauraRose

Car, most hotel shuttles are a schedule, my brother used it once and had to be back at a certain time and didn't get much in. Often mention certain rides to him and he has no idea. I believe it is only Downtown Disney hotels that run every half hour. Car all the way!

nolatron

We stay offsite at a place with a shuttle, nice motorcoaches, but as mentioned they only ran on a schedule with maybe 3 times for each park in the morning and then 2-3 pick times in the evening at each park. so if you need to leave mid-day or miss the pickup time you'd be stuck.

So we always used the car and parked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom