The Creator Games!: An Imagineering Competition- Discussion Thread

TheOriginalTiki

If anyone's a fan of the new "Daredevil" show, SYWTBAI channel co-host BlueDragonFive and I are starting the first of our recap podcasts going in depth into all the foreshadowing and symbolism painted throughout the show. It wouldn't be a usual recap but instead focus on the bigger picture of the show and how each episode fits into it. We'll be going live tonight at 10:30 Eastern with the first episode.

@englanddg, if you're interested we'd love to have you on for some of the highlight episodes, specifically any of the major King Pin centric ones. Let me know if you'd be interested :)

spacemt354

Chili's
If anyone's a fan of the new "Daredevil" show, SYWTBAI channel co-host BlueDragonFive and I are starting the first of our recap podcasts going in depth into all the foreshadowing and symbolism painted throughout the show. It wouldn't be a usual recap but instead focus on the bigger picture of the show and how each episode fits into it. We'll be going live tonight at 10:30 Eastern with the first episode.

@englanddg, if you're interested we'd love to have you on for some of the highlight episodes, specifically any of the major King Pin centric ones. Let me know if you'd be interested :)

Daredevil was awesome! The Wilson Fisk backstory episode was one of my favorites, but the entire series overall really set the bar high for MCU Netflix shows (and Netflix in general);)

Flippin'Flounder

I love my iPad but know what you mean about doing that type of work on it. Nice job on the attraction though. It amazes me to this day that Disney world doesn't have some sort of experience or ride centered around that movie. I think Julie Andrews was part of the Disney world opening if I'm not mistaken? I know the Disney buffs out there would know that right away. I actually was working on including a variation of it myself for the separate omega challenge.
I had the exact same idea for the Omega challenge ( down to the horses). Including Cherry Tree Lane as a land :rolleyes:

RMichael21

@RMichael21
I'm not sure Doctor Who is the best fit for World Showcase, mostly since it makes use of an IP. Last summer, you, @@englanddg, and@@Zweiland did a nice job in SA integrating DW with cultural tie-ins, but this feels simply like shoehorning a character. It would definitely add Streetmosphere to the area, and it will very much make the fans of the show happy/drawn to the area! Lastly, you too did not include the required background music for the submission. Overall, it's an interesting thought for sure, just this concept would need more work before applying it to the WS.
To be honest, I wanted to submit something, but couldn't think fo anything. So, 10 minutes before the due date, I through something together. :p

Sam Magic

So I'm a member on an international sports fan site called Gamesbids and when all the FIFA stuff blew up this practically became the boards motto:
GodBlessAmerica.jpg

I hope Qatar gets stripped of the 2022 World Cup and it goes to the runner up...USA.

Sam Magic

If such a huge USA fan, then how come my submission was 9th? Haha :D
If Tiki ever jumps on you'll find out. ;):D

Also due to the lack of response from Tiki, is there anyone here that would be willing to go on the show tonight as a guest?

And with regards to FIFA, some are calling for Russia to loose the right to host 2018 but I would rather the world not be wiped out by nukes.

Sam Magic

@Sam4D23 Hm, I find it interesting how you said that France isn't well known for medieval history!

Charlemagne and Song of Roland...and the Popes of Avignon. (High School history classes don't really talk about medieval history; I minored in it, so I sadly have all the generic insights of the middle ages)

P.S. Thanks for the insight about presentation!
Anytime.:D

By that comment I mean this: While France has always played a HUGE role in European and World history, today France is more known in the mainstream for Paris, the three Louis', The Revolution, etc. So I like that you bring to light France's past rather than just focusing on Paris or the revolution. Opens eyes to a period not widely talked about or discussed. Not to mention when most think about medieval history they think about England...or maybe that's just me. ;)

Sam Magic

Sadly, society deems the middle ages irrelevant and "the dark ages", so they only focus on the events that lead right up to the Renaissance, as well as the monarchy development within England. I used to think that medieval history was boring and irrelevant, but I learned that a lot comes from the middle ages. Not to mention, there were tons of countries (not really countries at the time, but nations) that played a large role in the medieval ages. For example, Medieval Spain was the intellectual center of the middle ages where intellects from England would journey over to specifically read certain documents and manuscripts; something I did not know until I took a Medieval Spain class and at that point I thought Spain was basically irrelevant in the Middle Ages (even though I was taking classes for two years at that point). That's sort of the reason why I pushed for a ride historically rich in the medieval times because the culture is still a part of our culture today.
If I remember correctly Spain during that time, for the most part, was Muslim. As a result it benefited from the Muslim's preservation of Roman knowledge through documents. At that time the East really was the intellectual center of the world.

Sam Magic

Yes!! :D The Muslims brought so much to Spain for the medieval time! They had insight in mathematics, architecture, astronomy, even brought coffee and almonds to the cuisine. Spain was probably my favorite country in the Medieval ages just because how culturally interesting it was.
I used to think Spain was rather unimportant as well, but after researching more (especially when it was under Muslim rule) I realized that Spain is the most badass nation ever.

Well another show tonight...the podcast gods shine down upon us:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom