What's the best WDW secret you know?

NonnaT

walking toward the castle at MK, there is a little road, that goes much faster to SM.. immediately at the end of main street.. again.. at the rope drop.. puts you ahead of the crowd.. its not on the map.. and in fact my son -in -law the computer genius, was very much against this ..since it was 'not on the map'.. until he was the first four people on SM that morning.. He could hear all of our instructions clearly , without complaint , for the rest of the 8 days there. .and followed them..[/QUOT
walking toward the castle at MK, there is a little road, that goes much faster to SM.. immediately at the end of main street.. again.. at the rope drop.. puts you ahead of the crowd.. its not on the map.. and in fact my son -in -law the computer genius, was very much against this ..since it was 'not on the map'.. until he was the first four people on SM that morning.. He could hear all of our instructions clearly , without complaint , for the rest of the 8 days there. .and followed them..
Hi, I think I may know this path... Can you describe it a little clearer? Merci! The one in MK please?

RonAnnArbor

Didn't know the quiz one. I'll have to remember that!

The one I knew was that the line on the left is shorter for Pirates of the Carrib, but it seems that it's that way for all the rides (or so I read).

I also found out about Transportation Cards. The drivers for buses, boats, and monorails have free cards to give out to those that ask. Not everyone has them and they are first come first serve, but they have a whole collection.
Since the advent of FP+ there are no longer left lines on almost any of the rides -- they use them for FP+ now, including Pirates

RonAnnArbor

FOR MGM >.. there is a narrow path that gets you from one of those long roads by Toy story to the road where Idol used to be.. its not real big.. about three foot wide. but concrete.. and DOES NOT SAY CAST MEMBERS ONLY.. that tip alone saves a ton of time.. plus there is a short cut along the north wall of GMR, that gets you ahead of the crowd to Toy story first thing in the morning..
Neither of these is an option anymore.

RonAnnArbor

The path they are referring to at MK is the walkway right after main street -- take a right and pass Plaza Restaurant, up through the concourse, and then left back toward tomorrowland -- its a major walkway and not much of a surprise to anyone except those who have never been there before who follow the sheep to the main hub and then right across the bridge into Tomorrowland...

NonnaT

The path they are referring to at MK is the walkway right after main street -- take a right and pass Plaza Restaurant, up through the concourse, and then left back toward tomorrowland -- its a major walkway and not much of a surprise to anyone except those who have never been there before who follow the sheep to the main hub and then right across the bridge into Tomorrowland...
Whew! I thought in all my trips I had missed something important! Lol

RonAnnArbor

The handicap walkway is there -- it saves no time compared to the regular walkway...its not any type of shortcut at any rate...You are not allowed to use it during ropedrop entry, unless you are actually IN a wheelchair --

bjlc57

my wife uses a scooter.. she has bad knees..
but since you aren't walking toward the little mermaid and then around.. Yes it is a short cut.. but you stated that it did not exist..

SparklinDiamond

This used to be my old stomping ground. I don't know how true this is. Maybe the CM was just being nice or creating a Magical Moment the day you went? I used to write the questions for the quizzes a few years ago. Maybe they changed their prize, but it was just a certificate and maybe a pin when I was there (things may have changed). Now I must do the whole, "my writing does not represent the views of The Walt Disney Company" thing. Please don't quote what I say.

where are the quizzes?

DisneyDayDreamer

My best secret and my most fun is the hoedown in frontierland every day. It happens twice a day in the afternoon and the country bears are there with Clairabelle the cow. It's the best dance party other than Move it Shake it Dance and Play it.

DisneyFans4Life

Not really a secret, but if you make early breakfast reservations at MK for CP or CRT, you get to go down Main Street before the park opens and see the park pretty much empty. Makes for a neat experience and great pictures!! Plus by the time the park opens, you're already in and don't have to fight the crowds as much.

WDW Guru

walking toward the castle at MK, there is a little road, that goes much faster to SM.. immediately at the end of main street.. again.. at the rope drop.. puts you ahead of the crowd.. its not on the map.. and in fact my son -in -law the computer genius, was very much against this ..since it was 'not on the map'.. until he was the first four people on SM that morning.. He could hear all of our instructions clearly , without complaint , for the rest of the 8 days there. .and followed them..

Are you talking about the path that goes through the Tomorrowland Terrace?

Here are some things that I have found and that you already may know.

1. If only part of your group has booked fast passes for an attraction, a lot of the time the CM's will let the ones who don't have fast passes go through.
2. You can use a FP 5 minutes early or 15 minutes late without issue.
3. You can park at the boardwalk and have easy assess to Epcot's back entrance or Hollywood Studios.
4. Best time to ride an attraction with a shorter wait time than usual is during fireworks. (This one is obvious)

MaxxStephen

I'm probably the last to figure this out, but I had NO idea that Disney Imagineering recycled some "if not all" of the Dwarfs in cottage scene from Snow White's Scary Adventures and used them in the ending scene of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ... I knew the birds were used at your climb up the coaster, but I get so happy when I hear things were recycled or just moved. Now if I only knew where Ariel's bronzed statue went when they took away Ariel's Grotto ... Or am I alone on that as well XD

barkerbird

I know a few neat little secrets about the attractions:

If you take the starboard (right for all you land lovers) entrance to Pirates, you'll come to a point where you can see two skeleton pirates playing chess. The particular game they are in is what you call a "deadlock" meaning they cannot move.

Also, if you pay attention to the ball room scene of Haunted Mansion you will notice that the chairs are the same as the one Captain Jack Sparrow sits in the end scene of Pirates of the Caribbean.

graphite1326

I just got back .. both of my shortcuts STILL EXIST..
I went to HS recently and was there at rope drop. There was a CM in front of the ramp and had to use the stairs. However, the way it was initially explained I thought there was a path between the buildings. It comes out nowhere near the Idol building.

We found the MK shortcut years ago looking for a restroom.

irishmom58

Just got back on Friday (1/15/16)!
With the 'off season', many attractions have cut back on staffing, so you won't find the double lines at Big Thunder or Pirates until later in the day, so the left or right side line trick won't work.
Epcot lets you in early but you will be held back as you get closer to Test Track, and won't be able to get in until 9am. Soarin' is still closed.
Sharing entrees cuts down on meal $, (there is a 1/2 roast chicken lunch/dinner in Tomorrowland for about $11 that is huge).
We hit Peter Pan as first ride after rope drop, then Haunted Mansion for several spins, then Pirates and Jungle Cruise. You can ask for another ride and not leave your 'car' on Tomorrowland People Transporter, and Epcot's Spaceship Earth. Nice for relaxing.
Many cast members have stickers, I asked, and each were more than happy to comply.
If you stay at All Star Sports, you are in walking distance to McDonalds, a nice change for food, and lower cost. We have also grabbed a bus from another resort to All Star Sports for a quick McD trip!
You can catch the launch to Grand Floridian outside MK, they have orchestra music during afternoon tea/happy hour. Lovely.
Resort gift shops have sundries, snacks, and booze. I forgot contact lens solution and Coronado Springs gift shop had a small bottle for under $3.
At MK opening, head all the way to the left for shortest security line and Magic Band scan.
Adventureland eggroll vendor has moved down closer to Pirates, they have traditional veggie rolls for $2.75 and 2 cheeseburger rolls for $4.50.
Have fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom