Pre-Trip The "We are finally riding Dumbo 1st birthday extravaganza" pre-trip report

Hi Everyone!

I can't believe its already time to plan this trip! It was not quite a year ago that we were heading to Disney for our gender reveal! And now, our little nugget is 8 months old!

Who are the Characters this trip? Me, my DH and my DS!

16739_10152537350200672_6103313267162646892_n.jpg

Where?
Wilderness Lodge

1150x647

When?
May 31 to June 5

Why?
Colin's turning 1!

259740b776ba6e4f084e8e01a7ab132e.jpg

Here's the plan!

Sunday May 31st -
Fly in to MCO. DME to WL
We are going to hang out at the resort this day. We made dinner reservations at Whispering Canyon. Normally, not my favorite but its really the only TS option for 1 credit. We might change this later and do a QS instead and use the TS credit elsewhere. We are looking forward to spending time at the resort. Maybe do the water pageant, movie, s'mores? Can't wait to see what kind of activities they have going on at the WL!

Monday June 1st -
Magic Kingdom
After I melt down into a total mushy pile of tears and happiness, we will spend the day at MK.
11:30 a.m. - 1st Hair Cut at Harmony Barber Shop
At some point this day - we will meet Mickey Mouse and ride Dumbo. My DH and I have never ridden Dumbo together. On our honeymoon to Walt Disney World in 1995, my DH and I decided to wait and ride Dumbo when we had a baby. We never thought it would be 10 years later!
We will head back to the resort to rest via the ferry.
Lunch - where ever the day takes us
Dinner - Crystal Palace

Tuesday June 2nd -

Animal Kingdom
We will spend most of the day here, not leaving to take break but rather, end early and spend the evening at the resort.
Lunch - QS at Yak and Yeti
Dinner - QS probably at WL

Wednesday June 3rd -

Epcot
Lunch - Rose and Crown
Dinner - Via Napoli

Thursday June 4th -

1st Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Magic Kingdom
It has EMH so we will get there early and then head to Chef Mickey for a very special birthday!
Lunch - Chef Mickey
We are having a smash cake at Chef Mickey to celebrate!!!
Back to the resort to rest and then back to MK.
Dinner - probably a QS or this is where we will swap the TS from Whispering Canyon.

Friday June 5th -

Last day!
Magic Kingdom until its time to head back to MCO via DME.

See you real soon!

Special Moments:
Get a balloon
Get an ornament
Meet Mickey
Ride Dumbo and the Carousel
Get ears with name on it
Memory Maker for photos
Smash Cake

Thank you for being a part of our very special trip!!

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
Woo!!! A few more days, I can't wait to follow your trip! Colin is a little doll, you guys are going to have a blast!! :)

Thanks!! Not too much longer for your trip too!!! I went bonkers though - we are taking so much stuff! And I decided to get a family photo shoot while there too! HA!

DizneyPryncess

Thanks!! Not too much longer for your trip too!!! I went bonkers though - we are taking so much stuff! And I decided to get a family photo shoot while there too! HA!

Oh I'm so jealous of the family photo shoot! I've thought about doing that too. Which resort are you doing them at? Packing with a baby is so different isn't it? You pack everything but the kitchen sink lol! It's going to be so much fun though. Prepare for tons of happy tears! ;)

ladydi

I'm so happy for you! Disney will look so different once you see it through your child's eyes. Take lots of photos but remember to just soak in a few moments and let us all know about it once you get home!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Oh I'm so jealous of the family photo shoot! I've thought about doing that too. Which resort are you doing them at? Packing with a baby is so different isn't it? You pack everything but the kitchen sink lol! It's going to be so much fun though. Prepare for tons of happy tears! ;)

Oh, I'm already crying! HA! Yes, and all packed and the 2 checked bags are almost 45 lbs! HA! And then two more to carry on! The photo shoot is with a recommended photographer that my cousin used in Miami but she moved to Orlando. She takes really good pics! And she comes to the resorts! :) I will let you know how it turns out!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I'm so happy for you! Disney will look so different once you see it through your child's eyes. Take lots of photos but remember to just soak in a few moments and let us all know about it once you get home!

Thanks! I can only imagine how many pics there will be!

DizneyPryncess

Oh, I'm already crying! HA! Yes, and all packed and the 2 checked bags are almost 45 lbs! HA! And then two more to carry on! The photo shoot is with a recommended photographer that my cousin used in Miami but she moved to Orlando. She takes really good pics! And she comes to the resorts! :) I will let you know how it turns out!

Yep let me know!! I can't wait to see the pics! I've never flown with the kids yet - I always just jam pack my car with stuff haha. I can only imagine how heavy the suitcases would get. :D

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Yep let me know!! I can't wait to see the pics! I've never flown with the kids yet - I always just jam pack my car with stuff haha. I can only imagine how heavy the suitcases would get. :D

So I don't think I will be recommending our photographer. She is not replying to any emails or answering my calls. Grrr... I paid a deposit but not the rest yet. I'm so irritated. This is not something I want to be fussing over before this trip. I am going to come up with a plan B. If she shows up and i'm impressed with her photos, then I will recommend her and just say, she's terrible at communication. Wish me luck!

DizneyPryncess

So I don't think I will be recommending our photographer. She is not replying to any emails or answering my calls. Grrr... I paid a deposit but not the rest yet. I'm so irritated. This is not something I want to be fussing over before this trip. I am going to come up with a plan B. If she shows up and i'm impressed with her photos, then I will recommend her and just say, she's terrible at communication. Wish me luck!

Ugghh, not how you want to start your vacation!! With a job like hers, you'd think communication would be a top priority. I hope she shows up & does an awesome job. I have my fingers crossed for you.

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Ugghh, not how you want to start your vacation!! With a job like hers, you'd think communication would be a top priority. I hope she shows up & does an awesome job. I have my fingers crossed for you.

I canceled her last night. She said she didn't have internet but sent a message from an iphone after no returning two of my calls. I had enough. So now...I am scrambling. I am trying to get in touch with Disney Fine Art photography but they are not answering. Will keep you posted.

DizneyPryncess

I canceled her last night. She said she didn't have internet but sent a message from an iphone after no returning two of my calls. I had enough. So now...I am scrambling. I am trying to get in touch with Disney Fine Art photography but they are not answering. Will keep you posted.

Oh my gosh, I'm sorry!! How stressful. You've been planning these little details for so long. A professional answers phone calls before emails.:confused: Especially if they care about their clients. We used Disney photography for our engagement photos back in 2007. It was when they still did photo shoots in the Magic Kingdom, so I don't know if it's the same thing as Disney Fine Art. But they did a good job! I've never done the resort photo shoots, but if it's the same thing, I think you'll be happy with it. We were a little sweaty, since it was the last week of August, but the photos were still nice. I hope you're able to get this worked out!

acrab3t

Today is the big day! I am so excited for you! I have always loved reading your TR's and I can't wait to read all about Colin's first trip. I have had many wonderful memories with my son at Disney over the years. Now you get to experience that joy with your little boy. Happy birthday Colin!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We are here! We went with a mini session. For a 1 year old - after 4 days here - 20 mins will be perfect I think. After explaining what happened, I think they are willing to sprinkle some pixie dust on the situation and go a bit longer so we can use the props we are bringing - large and small mickeys, and a sign/banner. Its in the afternoon so we will be at GF at a good time for photos and then head to the MK after that. (haven't solved the props issue - thinking getting a locker but we might just come back to the WL too). I am actually glad this happened. We don't get the photos retouched and we don't get as long - but we get all the pics right away and it should be long enough for Colin. :) Check FB for pics from today! Off to MK tomorrow!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Today is the big day! I am so excited for you! I have always loved reading your TR's and I can't wait to read all about Colin's first trip. I have had many wonderful memories with my son at Disney over the years. Now you get to experience that joy with your little boy. Happy birthday Colin!

Yes it is! Thank you SO much! I can't wait for tomorrow! Off to the magic Kingdom!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom