The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Progress.City

So happy you'll be checking in and can't wait for the DLP TR!
I've always dreamt about backpacking Europe. I'm so happy I will finally have a chance to do it. Unfortunately, everyone in my immediate circle has told me they think it's a bad idea. My sister Rachel said this (mother of the newly born), and so has my best friend Pat, and now my mom said this just the other day. My mom told me to "Dream on" when I showed her the prices to Paris from Tel Aviv, followed by "How are you going to pay for it? You're going to need money to live!" I told her I had it covered and not to worry. She wasn't buying. That was before I realized I could fly back home to Florida directly from London for only $300. As it is now, she has agreed to pay for my return flight from Tel Aviv. Airfare from Tel Aviv to Miami or NYC is $1,600. So, by flying back from London, I will save her $1,300! I haven't told her that yet...

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
perfectly-timed-photos-29.jpg

Eric1955

Heh, heh . . . I actually like tofu. One of the reasons is that it takes on the flavor of whatever is put with it. For example, you can have a very tasty tofu cheesecake, or you can have a flavorful teriyaki tofu & vegetables stir fry, and so on. It's actually bland just by itself. Oh, fried tofu isn't bad either. But I completely understand that tofu is not for everyone! :p

If it was that bad, it very well could have been stinky tofu (which I've never had before, so I don't know whether I like it or not). "Regular" tofu is usually completely tasteless, until it takes on the flavor(s) of what it is cooked with/in. I love the different textures, too. :hungry: :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stinky_tofu

I'm not sure what kind of tofu it was. It looked like tan colored jello and had the texture of jello but it sure didn't taste like jello. Maybe it was just that particular kind of tofu that is nasty but after that experience I'm scared to try it again.

Eric1955

Thanks. :( The filling fell out last month and I had to wait for my insurance to okay the work. The tooth was drilled so thin that it caved in. I was eating DiGiorno pizza when I heard "crunch". :bored: Thank goodness I immediately spit everything out.

I hope everything works out. I don't know what's worse, having to go to the dentist or dealing with the insurance company.

Eric1955

I'm considering going to the D23 Expo in August and taking my first trip to Disneyland, but first I need to see if I can work everything out with my schedule. I was thinking the other day I would really like to go and then I thought "you know what, I should just do it." Considering my lifelong obsession with Walt Disney finally going to Disneyland would be almost like a pilgrimage for me. I would have to go by myself but I can handle that. What do you guys think? Should I just do it?

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm considering going to the D23 Expo in August and taking my first trip to Disneyland, but first I need to see if I can work everything out with my schedule. I was thinking the other day I would really like to go and then I thought "you know what, I should just do it." Considering my lifelong obsession with Walt Disney finally going to Disneyland would be almost like a pilgrimage for me. I would have to go by myself but I can handle that. What do you guys think? Should I just do it?
If you can work it out GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd go if I could!

betty rose

This is funny, and I just had deja vu regarding a somewhat similar situation. This goes back years, and I'll never forget the (light-hearted) argument my parents had over my mother's glee at shopping a sale. Mom: "Everything was marked down and I saved all this money!" Dad: "But you spent money, so how did you save money if you spent money? That's just not logical." And so on . . . an endless circular argument between the two of them, about each one's specific definition of "saving" money! :hilarious: P.S.: I take after my mom!!! :D
We must be related! Got to carry on tradition.;)

Cesar R M

Here are a few of my plants on the back half of our property Love Spring.

View attachment 94694 View attachment 94695 View attachment 94697 View attachment 94698 View attachment 94699 View attachment 94700 View attachment 94701

View attachment 94702
Some of my Iris' are bloom'n. Sadly it will rain tonight and the ones that are open will be history.
View attachment 94703

Anyone know what this plant is???

It is very tall and just appeared in my back garden on the edge of the property. Pretty Though.

View attachment 94705
ohhh, the last ones are really pretty!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom