DHS CARS LAND

FigmentForver96

When I was there, TT was working perfectly. The audio problem was probably the "problem of the day" and is probably no big issue. As for SE, the conversation was about neglect and the descent screams neglect and mismanagement. It was mismanagement as far as going over budget and not finishing it. The same issue happened with Space Mountain. We have Meg to blame for both.
Like I said off and on with TT. Since we were talking about ride conditions I was just staing that many of the rides at EC have some form of issue where HS on the other hand has actually gotten better about ride upkeep. Even TOT has slowly improved over the past few months.

Bocabear

5 rides... Seriously that is sad. Press releases about how something is coming....some day... More shuttered attractions...No construction beginning...And WDW Attendance climbing ever higher...What is wrong with the Walt Disney Company that they have not moved on this already? And seriously they should just close the park for 2 years and redo it all...Fix the layout of the park itself to make it actually coherent instead of a bunch of disjointed areas, add the attractions necessary and upgrade what is there. Seems like the park needs so much it will take a decade to do the work while avoiding guest areas...

djkidkaz

Proximity and demographics. Anaheim is in Corporate's backyard. If Bob or Tom or John or Bruce or anyone else they know are going to the parks, they're going to DL/DCA. If something is amiss, the top management within TDA is going to hear about it almost immediately. Stuff flows downhill, so from the top down they have a better ethic towards keeping things running and in better shape. WDW has a longer climb out of entrenched habits to fix things. Also, Glendale/WDI is in the Anaheim parks more often - they see things they want to fix/plus/redo on a regular basis because they're there. And right now, money is being spent on Anaheim because of the 60th. Regarding demographics: a huge amount of people going to Anaheim are repeat visitors. The thought is if you're going to keep people coming, you have to keep refreshing.

I agree and think that all of the "big wigs" are in those parks more frequently and are more likely to notice issues. When they fly out to WDW twice a year to them everything looks dandy because they don't know any different. Iger wasn't even aware of whether or not they had announced the DHS name change yet, do you think he has any clue about all the broken effects in Dinosaur? Not a chance, to him and the others, its running just fine.

Wikkler

What attractions? DHS aint got spit.
Well, let's see...

1. Tower of Terror
  2. Toy Story Midway Mania
  3. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
  4. Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
  5. The Great Movie Ride
  6. Muppet*Vision 3-D
  7. Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
  8. Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
  9. Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage
  10. Voyage of the Little Mermaid
  11. Disney Junior - Live on Stage!
  12. Walt Disney: One Man's Dream
  13. The Magic of Disney Animation
I understand that different people have different tastes and locals have done everything already, but for a first timer there's enough to fill more than an afternoon...

majortom1981

I completely agree. It's not for me so much anymore, but plenty for a first-timer.

Also- you forgot the Jedi Training Academy, Fantasmic! and..... Frozen Sing-Along. Maybe the last one was intentionally left out ;)

Keep in mind Disney Junior Live on stage is a must do if you have kids who watch those shows. My son was 14 months a the time. IT was the first time he ever sat still for a half an hour. Makes admission to Hollywood studios worth it for that alone.

Bocabear

The Magic Of Disney Animation is such a shell of what it once was...I don't even know why they continue to keep that open... Such a shame because they could do so much with it... but I guess , like the Studio Tour, they will keep it hobbling along before they finally close it...yet another diminished waste of an attraction.

Last edited:

doctornick

The Magic Of Disney Animation is such a shell of what it once was...I don't even know why they continue to keep that open... Such a shame because they could do so much with it... but I guess , like the Studio Tour, they will keep it hobbling along before they finally close it...yet another diminished waste of an attraction.

The Animation Academy is a nice feature and the building houses some M&Gs, but I generally agree that it is a poor use of a pretty large space. Would be nice to just bulldoze the Animation building to open up "Animation Courtyard" and add some more substantial offerings.

RSoxNo1

This is why I personally think Epcot is in worse shape. Future World is a mess. At least with DHS, the park is fairly well put together with what is there, it just needs multiple major expansions.

Uh, as much as I love Epcot.... gotta be blind if youre not realizing how much of a dumpster fire DHS is these days....

I've had this argument more than once. Search through my 19,949 other posts to find my points on it. DHS is so bad, it couldn't find water if it fell out a boat.

Epcot, while neglected, still outdraws every other park in town but MK.

What attractions? DHS aint got spit.
The issue with Epcot is a similar issue to what we're seeing in New Fantasyland - visually, parts of it are stunning, but it needs a few anchors to draw more people to the visually stunning parts. While Epcot has two classic attractions in Living with the Land and Spaceship Earth, it doesn't have any attractions that actually drive attendance in that park. That's why Frozen is going in. I hate it, but it's why it's going there. Fixing Epcot should be easier than fixing Hollywood Studios because fixing Epcot can be done piecemeal. They can shut down Imagination for a year and a half and re-open it as a new experience without disrupting guests in any way. At Hollywood Studios it's going to necessitate a DCA level makeover. The park outside of Hollywood and Sunset Boulevard isn't as visually appealing. That's part of the fix that's needed. From strictly a ride standpoint, I would take DHS's 5 rides vs. Epcot's 9 rides right now, and many guests would agree. More than any other park, Epcot needs the LPS ride system in a 1600-2000 GPH anchor attraction. Putting that in Imagination or Energy would be a huge step in the right direction for that park.

Next Big Thing

The issue with Epcot is a similar issue to what we're seeing in New Fantasyland - visually, parts of it are stunning, but it needs a few anchors to draw more people to the visually stunning parts. While Epcot has two classic attractions in Living with the Land and Spaceship Earth, it doesn't have any attractions that actually drive attendance in that park. That's why Frozen is going in. I hate it, but it's why it's going there. Fixing Epcot should be easier than fixing Hollywood Studios because fixing Epcot can be done piecemeal. They can shut down Imagination for a year and a half and re-open it as a new experience without disrupting guests in any way. At Hollywood Studios it's going to necessitate a DCA level makeover. The park outside of Hollywood and Sunset Boulevard isn't as visually appealing. That's part of the fix that's needed. From strictly a ride standpoint, I would take DHS's 5 rides vs. Epcot's 9 rides right now, and many guests would agree. More than any other park, Epcot needs the LPS ride system in a 1600-2000 GPH anchor attraction. Putting that in Imagination or Energy would be a huge step in the right direction for that park.
Yep. Completely agreed.

Epcot needs a lot of help, but it's a bigger park with more rides and side attractions the DHS, thus DHS is in much bigger need of urgent help. Fix up Imagination and Energy (preferably actually do something with WoL too, but at this point that's just wishful thinking...) and the park is in pretty good shape aside from Innoventions. The plaza needs some help too, but that's easy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom