Lower Resort Mug Price

Do these changes make you want to buy a mug more or less?

• Total voters

Flyersgirl17

i hate the fact that they can't be refilled in the parks. We used them just to refill with water which tasted fine to us but sometimes you need a jolt of caffeine . I know many amusement parks that will have have the refillable mugs and charge $1 for each refill. That might be an option to look into.

MagicHappens1971

You can ALWAYS reuse an older mug, as long as it has the RFID chip, it just has to be reactivated. With this new system im assuming you have to tell them your length of stay?

DManRightHere

You can ALWAYS reuse an older mug, as long as it has the RFID chip, it just has to be reactivated. With this new system im assuming you have to tell them your length of stay?

Communicatig length of stay, I would assume no. Last time my wife checked her receipt and it just expired in 2 weeks. Either that the employee just didn't ask and put the max into the computer.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Communicatig length of stay, I would assume no. Last time my wife checked her receipt and it just expired in 2 weeks. Either that the employee just didn't ask and put the max into the computer.
Two weeks was always the default for length of stay. @JakeSpadaro, did you ever reactivate a mug? I was unaware that reactivation was possible.

allgiggles

What they need is a locker you can rent for length of stay in the food court area to place your refillable mugs. I'd pay $20 a week for that. :p

During one of our stays at Pop Century we were in a room that felt like it was a mile away from the food court. On several days, we stored the mugs in a locker in the changing rooms by the main pool (so right outside the back door of the main building). I don't remember the price of the locker exactly, but I think it was under $2 at the time (probably 6 years ago). It was nice not to have to walk all the way back to the room to get the mugs when we'd get back to the resort at the end of the day.

AndyS2992

We're staying at AoA this summer but want to eat at Pop and other resorts during our stay, will the mugs work at all resorts or just the one it was purchased at? Silly question but it would be useful to know.

MagicHappens1971

We're staying at AoA this summer but want to eat at Pop and other resorts during our stay, will the mugs work at all resorts or just the one it was purchased at? Silly question but it would be useful to know.
As another poster said, it should work at all resorts. Which is also a good tip, because if your on the boardwalk in one of the stores you can fill up your mug, as well as quick service restaurants in resorts.

dreamfinder

Length of stay = two weeks. Reportedly if you are staying longer, you can show your purchase receipt to a manager and they can add on another 2 weeks once the first expires.

MrPromey

i hate the fact that they can't be refilled in the parks. We used them just to refill with water which tasted fine to us but sometimes you need a jolt of caffeine . I know many amusement parks that will have have the refillable mugs and charge $1 for each refill. That might be an option to look into.
A certain other resort in town offers the refillable mugs starting at about $13 a day (and going down when you buy more at one time) for use at Coke Freestyle stations sprinkled all throughout their two parks. Refills are free for the day with about an 8 minute wait between. As far as I know, these do not work with their resort mugs but on a warm day, they pay for themselves very quickly. Disney could do something similar but I'm not sure they'd be happy about loosing all those expensive park beverage purchases.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
What they need is a locker you can rent for length of stay in the food court area to place your refillable mugs. I'd pay $20 a week for that. :p

You joke but years ago back in the day of the big mugs we use to do something similar staying at Dixie Landings a couple weeks a year. We'd have breakfast rinse the mugs and shove the 4 of them in the lockers by the main pool and hop on a bus to the parks. Upon returning we'd grab the mugs, fill them heading back to the mansions that were not exactly close to the food court.

Those pool lockers back then were only a couple quarters to rent. Gone after 9/11. :(

Monorail_Red_77

That's what shocked me the most! I don't think I've ever seen Disney lower the price for anything!

Well, sort of. The lowered it for the top side of the price point but the eliminated the 1, 2, and 3 day options which were lower prices. So, they actually raised prices while sorta lowering it too.
So If I were staying for 1 day. Instead of me paying $8.99 I now have to pay 16.49 That is almost double the price it used to be, and then it goes down from there. The only savings is at the top end.

That's what Disney wants you to think. "Hey we are lowering our prices" ;) :cautious:

My guess is that they are losing money on thins and need to try to recoup as much and as fast as possible.

Personally, while I do love my soda. I have never purchased this system since I am not at the resort enough to use it. Typically I am in the parks. Plus given the fact that the food courts close at midnight and eliminates access to soda controlled by a computer.

Until this is possibly rolled out to the parks and is usable across the entire 'World' I doubt I will ever use it.

When I do get a soda at a resort, the paper cups give you three refills, sometimes more anyway. usually this is enough to get me through my resort stay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom