Pre-Trip June 14-20, 6 days in the parks!!

Our group of 11 is getting excited for our upcoming trip!! We leave for our 17 hour drive on from Elyria, OHIO (near Cleveland) on Firday, June 12th, which is 2 weeks from tomorrow. There is my wife and I, our six kids, my sister, and her 2 kids.

We are staying In offsite 6 bedroom villa in Hampton Lakes, Davenport.
-All Fast Passes scheduled
-No ADRs because it's just not in the budget

We have bought most everything we need for the trip... Just some odds and ends things that we are probably going to pick up this weekend. We are renting a 15 passenger van so we can fit the crew in one vehicle.

So now we wait, which is what we have been doing since we knew we were going 148 days ago. Its coming up quick though! Looking forward to keeping everyone updated on how this trip goes. None of the kids have been to Disney, my sister and I have very limited experiences, and my wife has not been since she was a pre-teen.

Day 1 Sunday- HS
Day 2 Monday- Epcot
Day 3- Tuesday- MK
Day 4- off/date night for my wife and I
Day 5- Thursday- AK
Day 6- Friday-MK
Day 7- Sat- Epcot 1/2 day...

catmom46

I know where Elyria is because I went to Oberlin College (many years ago)! And I made that drive down for spring break my junior year. Woof it was a long drive. But so worth it! Looking forward to your trip updates. We don't go until July. Getting close, though... :cat:

Planning anything special for date night?

FlaggNL

Great that it will be a first-timer for the kids :) Still some night of sleep left, but have a great trip! Enjoy the pre feelings!

Figgy1

Premium Member
ENJOY!!!!!!!!!! And don't worry about the lack of ADRs you will have so many wonderful choices at the qs places!

bebert

We are heading down from Cincinnati on the 11th, luckily our drive is not 17 hours. Enjoy your drive and watch out for the troopers in Georgia.

bebert

I am doing a trip report as well, please check it out and I will keep an eye on yours. Maybe we will run into each other? I know one day we are doing a Cincinnati Reds day so look for a group of 28 people all in Reds gear.

12_Ears_Dad

Original Poster
Well we have all 11 days to go until we leave. Most everything is done, but as I said before we still feel unprepared, and probably will until we leave. Extended forecast for the 14-20 looks decent enough..minus a few days where the weather may get a big rough.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Well we have all 11 days to go until we leave. Most everything is done, but as I said before we still feel unprepared, and probably will until we leave. Extended forecast for the 14-20 looks decent enough..minus a few days where the weather may get a big rough.
In June expect afternoon thunderstorms to last about an hour, the parks will empty some what, so just bring ponchos or umbrellas and just keep having fun. You'll have gotten a few things done while the chickens are hiding!

12_Ears_Dad

Original Poster
In June expect afternoon thunderstorms to last about an hour, the parks will empty some what,

We've been to Orlando area in early July
Before so I know what to expect as far as weather. Hot and humid, short storms. Al though one day on our trip is listed as tstorms all day.

12_Ears_Dad

Original Poster
Well Well Well...less then a week to go!!! Only have to work three days next week and then on Friday we are onto our drive to Orlando! Everyone is excited, especially the adults :rolleyes:
Cant wait!!! Been waiting for over 6 months now!! (Well over 2 years if you count in the trip we had to cancel..)

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

catmom46

Well Well Well...less then a week to go!!! Only have to work three days next week and then on Friday we are onto our drive to Orlando! Everyone is excited, especially the adults :rolleyes:
Cant wait!!! Been waiting for over 6 months now!! (Well over 2 years if you count in the trip we had to cancel..)

How exciting! We still have a little more than a month to go. :arghh: Looking forward to your trip reports, though, to tide me over. :cat:

Figgy1

Premium Member

Safe travels and try and get some sleep before you go!

12_Ears_Dad

Original Poster
Well only TWO MORE DAYS TO GO!! ...until we leave on our drive down to Disney World....

We have the suitcases down, but nothing packed in them yet... Everything is ready to be packed though except for some odds and ends clothes in the wash. Planning on starting to pack tonight and finishing up tomorrow afternoon. I can't believe we are so close to this trip. It seems like we have been waiting forever...

12_Ears_Dad

Original Poster
Today Is D DAY!! DISNEY DAY that is! Well kinda. We are just about to leave for our road trip to Orlando from the Cleveland Ohio area. Everything is packed in the 15 passenger Ford E-350 van we rented...We're going to leave around 2pm est and getting to OrlAndo sometime late morning probably.. Factoring in rest stops and such.. I will post again when we get there !!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom