FastPass+ stressing me out...

JennSmith

Original Poster
I have not been to Disney World since 9/2005. We will be going again 9/2015. I was wondering how AWFUL it will be if I completely screw up my FastPass+ selections. It is really stressing me out. I keep trying to read as much as possible so when my 60 day window opens I will be prepared but ugh. I mean I am getting some serious anxiety over it. I know September is usually low volume so I keep trying to tell myself if I completely fail it won't be that big of a deal. However it will also be during the free dining promo so maybe the crowd volume won't be so low anymore? I know last time we went, (2005). We did not use the version of FastPass+ that they had at the time at all and I do not recall having to wait a terrible amount of time but again....there was no free dining promotion that I was aware of at that time. What do you guys think?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I think you need to take a deep breath and relax :).

You are still almost 2 months away from making your selections...which, by the way, you won't screw up.

September is a lower crowd season, though you will probably encounter more people than you did in 2005, since attendance has been ticking up. But even without using FP+ at all, you won't face hours long waits.

Pick the 3 attractions in each park that are important to you and go from there. You will find it easy to make adjustments and changes once your FP+ window opens.

And stop reading negative posts about FP, wait times, crowds, etc. It is easy to get sucked into the "doom and gloomers" and become stressed.

You are going to Disney World!! Celebrate that! :D :joyfull: :happy:

erasure fan1

It really isn't worth stressing about. If for some reason you can't get something like the mine train for example, just do it at the rope drop and you shouldn't have a problem. The only way I can see screwing it up is using it for things that really don't need it. Like: small world, magic carpets, imagination, muppet vision.... and in my opinion any fireworks.

jlsHouston

The worse thing about booking FP's in advance is you are forced to plan your day. And yes there are strategies. Which work for some people and rarely work for me because I am a poor implementer or something. But it's kind of hard to screw FP+ up. You decide what park you want to go to and you pick 3 FP's and you get 4 possible time slots for your selection. You pick one of the 4 and then you can tweak the order if what is offered isn't really the times or order you like.
I stress over it too, then I just get that to heck with it attitude and manage to have a great time regardless . Of course I'm the type that feels accomplished if I manage to do 6 rides at MK before I head to the resort so I'm probably not a good one to give FP advice .

Book TSM, Soarin and the mine train if nothing else.

LOL, always part of my strategy too

Andy_0410

The worse thing about booking FP's in advance is you are forced to plan your day. And yes there are strategies. Which work for some people and rarely work for me because I am a poor implementer or something. But it's kind of hard to screw FP+ up. You decide what park you want to go to and you pick 3 FP's and you get 4 possible time slots for your selection. You pick one of the 4 and then you can tweak the order if what is offered isn't really the times or order you like.
I stress over it too, then I just get that to heck with it attitude and manage to have a great time regardless . Of course I'm the type that feels accomplished if I manage to do 6 rides at MK before I head to the resort so I'm probably not a good one to give FP advice .

LOL, always part of my strategy too
Yep I agree get a fastpass for what you know will be busy like the above or whatever is important for you family
Try and get them as early in the day as possible and practical so you can use more later in the day by booking in the park
Mainly enjoy them, remember the point is to use these to enjoy more time in the park and not standing in queues

ColoradoEquestrian

I mean I am getting some serious anxiety over it. I know September is usually low volume so I keep trying to tell myself if I completely fail it won't be that big of a deal.

We went in September 2014 -- the crowds were pretty low (except the sold out MNSSHP we attended) and we walked on so many rides the entire trip. Definitely be sure to lock in some FP+ for 7DMT and TSMM, those lines were still huge (huge to me is anything over 45 minutes). Don't allow it to stress you out, lock in what you want, adjust on the fly if you must, and add extras when you've passed the initial 3 each day!

danheaton

You'll still have a great trip. The main focus in a slower time (I went in late January) is the big rides. Even headliners like Big Thunder and Space Mountain were available on the day we went, so it's really down to rides like Toy Story Mania, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Anna & Elsa (if you find that worth doing), plus maybe Soarin' and Test Track. You'll save a little time by booking three each day, but there are just a few where it will be a big savings. In some cases, rides actually took longer with FP+ in line (Tower of Terror was a prime example), so it won't make or break your trip. It can be stressful in advance, but it will work out.

SAV

The worse thing about booking FP's in advance is you are forced to plan your day.

I don't get this comment at all. You aren't forced to do anything. And surely aren't forced to plan an entire day. You are pre-booking a time on 3 rides per day if you choose to. That's all. No more.

To the OP...Chill. There is nothing to get stressed out about. It fact it should alleviate stress to know that you are guaranteed to get on to 3 attractions that you really want to get on. That's a good thing. You know you're getting on them, so you can plan around them if you choose. Or you can just go with the flow.

We book our FP+'s for the day, early as possible, and then see if there are additional ones we can use for attractions we haven't been on yet. I think it's better than running around the park to get a paper one or to see the time available will not work for you.

rkleinlein

Planning a Disney vacation has gotten very complicated; FastPass selections and tiers, meal plans, dining reservations, ticket options, etc. It's very time consuming and can be very stressful, if not for all, then for a lot of people. Especially for people who don't go often.

Realize that the stress, time, and effort you put in planning will probably make your visit much more enjoyable. And while you are there remember that the flexibility that you have given up by making plans months in advance is probably saving you a lot of time waiting in lines.

And though you may feel locked into your plans, you're not. Everything is in constant flux as thousands of people make last minute changes to their FastPass and dining reservations. If you can't get something you want months in advance, try again the day before or the day of. You might be surprised how many FastPass and dining reservations open up at the last minute.

Of the top attractions with long waits there are three that I personally do not think are worth a long wait and would only visit with FastPass: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Test Track, Toy Story Midway Mania.

Pluto15

I have been in WDW two weeks and seen families plan there whole day round their fast pass. I was on the bus to magic kingdom and the family next to me got a call from family saying go straight to Epcot as they had fast pass there. That would meant another hour or so to connect.

My honest advice is pre book the main rides you want but try not plan your whole day round them. Enjoy the parks enjoy the resort enjoy the weather. If you do that you will make the most. I've seen vacations ruined by families so fixed on the queues and rides and getting so tired and stressed

JennSmith

Original Poster
This is all awesome info! thank you so much! So, again considering we are there in the middle of September, do you think I should NOT waste any FP selections on fireworks? More specifically Fantasmic!?

SAV

Personally, I think using a FP+ on any of the night time shows at any time of the year is a waste. I'd much rather utilize it for an attraction(or extra attractions when the original 3 are used up).

I have not been in September, so I can't comment specifically on that.

Figgy1

Premium Member
This is all awesome info! thank you so much! So, again considering we are there in the middle of September, do you think I should NOT waste any FP selections on fireworks? More specifically Fantasmic!?
I'd rather do the Fantasmic dining package

JennSmith

Original Poster
Personally, I think using a FP+ on any of the night time shows at any time of the year is a waste. I'd much rather utilize it for an attraction(or extra attractions when the original 3 are used up).

I have not been in September, so I can't comment specifically on that.

I am from Chicago - born and raised until 9 years ago. Last night's game was pretty awesome!!!! 3 more and we're all good!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom