A Spirited Perfect Ten

FigmentJedi

repeated lightning strikes.. and they didn't even try to install a lightning lance/arrest system nearby? :|
It was already getting pretty old when they opened that part of the Disney farm as a tourist attraction. Most cottonwoods last like maybe 70 years, some of the oldest getting around to 120 and considering this is a tree that a child Walt laid under, it was probably more towards that end of the spectrum.

I think actually it was mostly down to the trunk at this point (and I think some Marceline pages described it as the trunk that remained), but apparently Mother Nature really loved that chew toy. Hopefully the sapling that WDW horticulture grew and had planted for the site from one of the seeds about a decade ago has better luck.

FigmentJedi

Does anyone else get a weird, religious/cult of personality vibe from lore like this?

The-Dreaming-Tree.jpg
Well Walt tourism is the main driver of the local economy.

Last edited:

cdd89

If the Frozen ride is successful, I can imagine Epcot being the 2nd MK.
Noting that there's a big difference between 'Successful' and 'Good'.

Even if it isn't good (it's a given that it'll be successful), I'm optimistic that in the long term it'll result in 2 Tier-1 FP+s in Epcot since there'll actually be some competition in terms of popularity for Soarin' and TT. So if the Frozen attraction turns out to be atrocious, at least I'll have an easy decision with FP+'s and an actual, tangible improvement in terms of my experience. And if by some fluke of nature it is a great attraction, well... ;)

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Noting that there's a big difference between 'Successful' and 'Good'.

Even if it isn't good (it's a given that it'll be successful), I'm optimistic that in the long term it'll result in 2 Tier-1 FP+s in Epcot since there'll actually be some competition in terms of popularity for Soarin' and TT. So if the Frozen attraction turns out to be atrocious, at least I'll have an easy decision with FP+'s and an actual, tangible improvement in terms of my experience. And if by some fluke of nature it is a great attraction, well... ;)
Dont forget how people have claimed that the Frozen attraction will somehow make ALL of Epcot more appealing to those who previously found it lackluster and they will stay longer. Im really looking forward to visiting Innoventions East and West and enjoying all the new and exciting offerings that will be there once the Frozen attraction debuts. /sarc off

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Oh I think it makes perfect sense for them to build a water park. My point is, I'm assuming many were already staying that extra night and enjoying one of the nearby water parks off property. This probably hits the WetnWild and Aquatica harder than Disney.

Universal's aggressive strategy should concern Disney...at least push them to shorten the construction periods for the stuff being worked on...and dare I say the stuff rumored.

Competition is good. The Theme Park wars continue.

Wet n Wild is owned by Uni. I vaguely remember hearing the plan was to close it once this new water park opened.

Bairstow

Dont forget how people have claimed that the Frozen attraction will somehow make ALL of Epcot more appealing to those who previously found it lackluster and they will stay longer. Im really looking forward to visiting Innoventions East and West and enjoying all the new and exciting offerings that will be there once the Frozen attraction debuts. /sarc off

I don't understand.
Whether or not it's a good idea, it's almost certain that the Frozen overlay is going to increase EPCOT's attendance.
Even families who are only interested in the princess stuff are probably going to make an afternoon of having to be there.

I don't think anyone's arguing that it's going to lead to investment in the rest of Futureworld, though.

Bairstow

And probably about .001% increase resort wide. All this will accomplish is steal a few families away from MK for 3 hours while they wait in line. When they're done, back to MK.

It will probably steal more than a few, and more importantly it will probably steal them away from the Magic Kingdom long enough to get a meal, which Epcot is definitely better equipped to do than the Magic Kingdom these days during the lunch hours.

From a park management standpoint alone, giving EPCOT a must-see attraction for young children is going to a welcome shift of guest patterns for the resort as a whole.
It won't be a huge shift, I'll grant you, but everything WDW can do to divert guests from the Kingdom and into the other 3 parks, even temporarily, is appreciated.

PhotoDave219

Based on a ride which will likely have a 900 guest per hour capacity ???

So for the sake of argument and my My ability to do math right now, we get that up to 1000 an hour. That's 12,000 guests able to ride the ride per day. A look at last years TEA Numbers (2013) save it Epcot draws 36,000 people Per day. Right now, two thirds of your daily audience cannot ride that attraction because there's just not enough room for them. A 20% increase off those numbers is roughly 43,000 people per day. Now you're pushing three quarters of your daily audience cannot experience that attraction.

Long story short, this is a very low capacity attraction. They've set themselves up for the potential of some very negative public relations because there will be a lot of very angry little girls. They will be very upset that they weren't able to ride their frozen ride because only 900 people per hour under the best conditions can ride.

This is a disaster waiting to happen…

PhotoDave219

It will probably steal more than a few, and more importantly it will probably steal them away from the Magic Kingdom long enough to get a meal, which Epcot is definitely better equipped to do than the Magic Kingdom these days during the lunch hours.

From a park management standpoint alone, giving EPCOT a must-see attraction for young children is going to a welcome shift of guest patterns for the resort as a whole.
It won't be a huge shift, I'll grant you, but everything WDW can do to divert guests from the Kingdom and into the other 3 parks, even temporarily, is appreciated.

Assuming it actually gets that 20% mark, you're looking at an extra 6500 guests per day. All with the intention of riding an attraction that only can handle 12,000 per day as it is.

Basic math says they didn't think this through.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom