New Coaster

Bairstow

So here it is, and it looks pretty great, especially with its teal/purple color scheme.
No helix, either, which is kind of unusual for a B&M Hyper.

seaworld-mako-5.jpg

seaworld-mako-3-sharks-realm.jpg

seaworld-mako-2.jpg

seaworld-mako-ride.jpg

919Florida

I attended the media event and let me just say there is excitment in ther air for this attraction. Its going to be super cool. Brian Morrow the creative director said the queue will be amazing and super special in its own way but details of the queue will be announced at a later date as they build excitment for Mako.

There is going to be a special lighting package on the coaster trains, the coaster itsself and the surrounding realm so that at night when the coaster comes thru the front it will "crash" thru a ship wreck and the lighting will make it look like fish scattering after a Mako on the hunt.

The concept artwork looks amazing. I am so excited to keep learning more as the time goes on and we get closer to opening. The park said today that construction walls go up after park closing tonight

If you have questions please post and I will do my best to answer.

919Florida

sounds awesome! where is it going to be in the park and when is the projected opening date? Thanks!

Opening in the Summer of 2016 is what we know now. Early summer hopefully memorial day weekend though thats the goal. It will be going behind the current shark encounter areausing most of the land in the back of the park but it will have a point where coaster makes one final loop that comes inside the park and will go over the walkway and the current Lakeside Panini booth go out over a portion of center lake then curve back in to end in the station.

During construction the current Shark attraction and Gift shop will remain open during 90% of the construction. I asked lots of questions yesterday lol :D The Nautalus theater will not be touched and will remain standing

Bairstow

During construction the current Shark attraction and Gift shop will remain open during 90% of the construction.

Pity that.
That exhibit badly needs a full remodel.
Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't look as if the queue for Mako is going to be integrated into any of the current shark exhibits there.

919Florida

Pity that.
That exhibit badly needs a full remodel.
Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't look as if the queue for Mako is going to be integrated into any of the current shark exhibits there.
Its going to get a refurbishment for a fresh look shortly before the attraction opens but for the majority of construction everything remains open. Mako will have a seperate queue that is not in the current Shark building. The entrance will be built more then likely in the general area where the restrooms are now. Between sharks and the Natalus theater

The Empress Lilly

So here it is, and it looks pretty great, especially with its teal/purple color scheme.
No helix, either, which is kind of unusual for a B&M Hyper.

seaworld-mako-5.jpg

seaworld-mako-3-sharks-realm.jpg

seaworld-mako-2.jpg

seaworld-mako-ride.jpg

hmm....I can't suppress a certain disappointment. Is it me or does the ride look a bit lame in that video? I'm sure a 200 feet dive has all sorts of sensations that a video can't convey, but still...

In its theme it looks a bit too much like Manta 2: Sharks Are Cartilagenous Fish Too.

919Florida

hmm....I can't suppress a certain disappointment. Is it me or does the ride look a bit lame in that video? I'm sure a 200 feet dive has all sorts of sensations that a video can't convey, but still...

In its theme it looks a bit too much like Manta 2: Sharks Are Cartilagenous Fish Too.

The ride is not lame at all. Its a hyper coaster and not meant to have any loops or stuff like that. Hyper coaster are all about airtime. This coaster will have 9 Airtime hills with a lot of G's Coaster enthusiast are ecstatic about this. I don't see how the theme of the coaster looks like Manta. The entrance and surrounding areas are themed to a ship wreck which is nothing like Manta. When I spoke with Brian the creative director he said that Mako will have its own personality and will be very different. I surely cant wait to see it

lazyboy97o

The ride is not lame at all. Its a hyper coaster and not meant to have any loops or stuff like that. Hyper coaster are all about airtime. This coaster will have 9 Airtime hills with a lot of G's Coaster enthusiast are ecstatic about this. I don't see how the theme of the coaster looks like Manta. The entrance and surrounding areas are themed to a ship wreck which is nothing like Manta. When I spoke with Brian the creative director he said that Mako will have its own personality and will be very different. I surely cant wait to see it
The specific references may be different but it still very much a similar concept. It's not entirely a negative as Manta is rather beloved while Turtle Trek and Antartica are forgotten and disliked, respectively.

919Florida

The specific references may be different but it still very much a similar concept. It's not entirely a negative as Manta is rather beloved while Turtle Trek and Antartica are forgotten and disliked, respectively.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that Antarctica is forgotten. The lines remain huge and regularly are over 45 mins. it may not be a thrill ride but people do enjoy it. And the end in the penguin habitat was always meant to be the highlight.

lazyboy97o

I wouldn't go as far as saying that Antarctica is forgotten. The lines remain huge and regularly are over 45 mins. it may not be a thrill ride but people do enjoy it. And the end in the penguin habitat was always meant to be the highlight.
I wasn't saying Antartica is forgotten, but Turtle Trek is.

Bairstow

I wasn't saying Antartica is forgotten, but Turtle Trek is.

News to me. There was a big crowd to see it when I last visited in October, at least two full theaters full of people in front of us.
I really enjoyed the attraction, too. It was the most impressive 3D I've ever seen in a theme park, though the content of the film itself wasn't exceptional.

I certainly liked it better than Antarctica. As Sea World themselves put it, they bought a "Cadillac of a ride vehicle," but never bothered to think of anything to do with it.

Can anyone remember the attraction/show that was there before Turtle Trek? It was a really fascinating circlevision... thing. I can't really call it a film so much as it was an A/V presentation. What made it really cool were the 3D sets that would occasionally become visible behind the screen, which in parts was just a scrim.

UpAllNight

So excited for this.

Done every park and waterpark in Orlando and Seaworld is a highlight for all 4 of us. Can't wait for this great park to get even better. It's already home to, in our opinion the 2 best rollercoasters in Florida. That THING after the first drop on Manta...wow.

On an related note, didn't think too much of Busch Gardens' coasters. Cheetah Hunt was quite a letdown :(

cheezbat

So excited for this.

Done every park and waterpark in Orlando and Seaworld is a highlight for all 4 of us. Can't wait for this great park to get even better. It's already home to, in our opinion the 2 best rollercoasters in Florida. That THING after the first drop on Manta...wow.

On an related note, didn't think too much of Busch Gardens' coasters. Cheetah Hunt was quite a letdown :(
Really? I think Montu and Cheetah Hunt are two of the most fun coasters in Florida!

UpAllNight

Really? I think Montu and Cheetah Hunt are two of the most fun coasters in Florida!

Montu was great actually but we only managed it once due to time. I just thought Cheetah Hunt was a bit slow other than the part when you twist along the floor.

I enjoyed Busch but I didn't go on anything that made me want to return to the park as soon as I could.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom