Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Good Eye... It would have to be (heavily reinforced).... It does look like 12 inch grid...

*1023*
Absolutely a 12" grid (from the looks of it). Just watched Tim Tracker's most recent vlog and he showed a great, close-up view and you could tell, well you could guestimate that they're 12". Do you know if this construction runs on weekends too, or is like a typical work job where they only work non-holiday weeknights? I'm guessing there won't be much going on now until Tuesday night.

roj2323

Absolutely a 12" grid (from the looks of it). Just watched Tim Tracker's most recent vlog and he showed a great, close-up view and you could tell, well you could guestimate that they're 12". Do you know if this construction runs on weekends too, or is like a typical work job where they only work non-holiday weeknights? I'm guessing there won't be much going on now until Tuesday night.
They are union so 5 days a week unless there is a holiday in most cases. Some projects (disney springs for example) are on a 7 day week but it's not as common.

They are union so 5 days a week unless there is a holiday in most cases. Some projects (disney springs for example) are on a 7 day week but it's not as common.
That's what I figured. No special "Disney construction fairies" working on their own schedule huh? haha. It's amazing that they get projects as big as Disney has, done on a 5 day schedule - working overnights, especially when the overnights are so short considering when the parks close (granted I know the parks close earlier during the "winter" months). All that considered, seeing what we have as of now on May 23, how much longer do you think they have on the Partners area before the walls are down and Walt and Mickey are accessible? Do they have target dates for busier times like the 4th of July (I know that's a big one having been)? It really does seem like they're just about there with 5+ weeks still left until Independence Day. What say you?

roj2323

That's what I figured. No special "Disney construction fairies" working on their own schedule huh? haha. It's amazing that they get projects as big as Disney has, done on a 5 day schedule - working overnights, especially when the overnights are so short considering when the parks close (granted I know the parks close earlier during the "winter" months). All that considered, seeing what we have as of now on May 23, how much longer do you think they have on the Partners area before the walls are down and Walt and Mickey are accessible? Do they have target dates for busier times like the 4th of July (I know that's a big one having been)? It really does seem like they're just about there with 5+ weeks still left until Independence Day. What say you?

They should have the area around the partners statue done in the next 2 weeks. The railings might take another week or two past that. Granted this is provided the weather stays dry.

They should have the area around the partners statue done in the next 2 weeks. The railings might take another week or two past that. Granted this is provided the weather stays dry.
That seems like it would be an accurate timeline. I'm not sure how dry the weather will stay though, it IS Florida. haha. I guess as long as it's your typical afternoon quick hit shower and not a long-lasting event. Anyway, I know when they did the other side, they got the concrete work done and one of the planters, but still had one left, but they opened up the entire area, unboxed Partners and just walled in the one planter that wasn't yet done. This allowed the area to be used while they finished up the remaining planter. Hopefully they'll take the same approach, a trip to Disney wouldn't be the same without a pic with Walt and Mickey. Not to mention that's one of the most congested areas of the park, and the 4th of July would be even more congested if that were still closed down. Thanks for your input, fingers crossed you're right.

DaGoof00

Ack! No updates in 4 days? I'm having withdrawals.
Probably no updates because the speed of this project is so slow there's nothing to report. When I was there for 8 days a week ago, there was limited to no progress made at the hub on any day was there (that was noticeable to the eye that is)

Ack! No updates in 4 days? I'm having withdrawals.
Don't forget, they had the 24 hour event Friday into Saturday (no work), then they had the weekend (no work), then we had the Memorial Day holiday on Monday (no work). So they've only had Tuesday and Wednesday nights to work this week. I would expect to see more pouring of the new pavement this week around partners (over the next couple most likely), then planting the bushes/flowers and installing the railings on the planters after that. I would also expect that once the concrete work is done on the new beige pavement, that Partners would open up again. That'll also open up a ton of space since they'd only have to fence in the planters as they finish those. It may not seem it, but look at the pics of that area a week and a half to two weeks ago, and look at the most recent ones. Yes, slow progress, but definitely the most we've seen in awhile. I would expect that a lot of the visible progress will begin to be seen soon, it already is, albeit not fast enough for those of us that will be there soon. :)

The problem with that update is that the info and pics within it were from the previous weekend. Those updates had already been seen and talked about on here, it wasn't exactly new news, they were just late on getting out what we already knew for the most part. I'm more interested in seeing what's gone on over the last couple of days, but at this point I'm not expecting daily updates.

note2001

I'll make an over the top guess and say the red pavement in the center should all be gone by now. ("should" being the key word)

I'll make an over the top guess and say the red pavement in the center should all be gone by now. ("should" being the key word)
"Should" is exactly right. lol As of Tuesday it wasn't, so I'm going to say it's still there. The last update pics show where we were as of Tuesday. Who knows how much they've pulled up by now.

roj2323

out of the hundreads of fans living there they rarely take pix

image.jpg
image.jpg

Here you can see they have allready drilled the holes for the railings. They leave the cores in the holes to keep them clean.
image.jpg
image.jpg

This was a suprise. They are obviously building them off site to save time. It also looks like they have a lot of the pathway walls in place.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

meyeet

View attachment 94740 View attachment 94741
Here you can see they have allready drilled the holes for the railings. They leave the cores in the holes to keep them clean.View attachment 94742 View attachment 94743
This was a suprise. They are obviously building them off site to save time. It also looks like they have a lot of the pathway walls in place as well so we should start seeing the pathway being poured in the next couple of weeks. View attachment 94744
Thanks for the picture update! When were these taken?

Noticed it looks like they've moved the walls around the planters back finally as opposed to just past the planters. That's a good sign. It means they're going to pull up the rest of the red soon and lay down the new beige. Thinking it should take another couple of weeks (at most) to complete the conversion from red to beige, then maybe another week to plant the plants and install the hardware around the planters. I don't think it's far off. Looks like that area should be open by the end of June maybe?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom