The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

My Doctor when I was a kid told my Mom to put whiskey in my Sis's bottle because she had extreme colic and it would relax her and she could sleep. She also prescribed Blackberry Brandy for Montezuma's issues and brandy in tea for us.
My current Doctor, recommended the Blackberry Brandy, when hubby had a light case of food poisoning. I'm not sure food poisoning can be described as a "light" case.:D

betty rose

animated-smileys-new-years-eve-059.gif
I'll provide the sound. BANG!;)

betty rose

or just get a UPC (no break).
That way even if power goes off, you can safely power off your computer.
or get extra running time for your laptop/tablet.
Thanks for the info. We have a surge protector, and lightning rods on our house. Somehow lightning seems to get through. I'm sure hubby could explain that, as he is a retired electrical engineer. I don't want to ask. He loves to explain things very thoroughly. I once asked him to show me how to use the computer. That happened to be his minor in college. He started with " inside the computer"..I only wanted to know, if I pushed the wrong button, would I hurt the machine!:D I don't ask a lot of tech. questions anymore. Lesson learned.:rolleyes: :happy:;)

Cesar R M

Could. I don't. Nothing in there is worth that labor and all is insured. The driveway use to be stone and absorbed much of the water or at least it went away quickly. Then our fine leaders of our Hamlet decided it would look prettier if everything was paved and concreted. We were given 3 years to comply. Now we have Lake Garage.
These properties were not developed over a half century for this. New builds have drainage plans. When we moved here the roads all had deep ditches next to the road on both sides. Then our fine leaders decided to put in curbs and storm sewers. Nobody every had water in their homes with the ditches. Water was all carried over to the preserves. It worked so they had to break it. We are fortunate, we have an ejector pit in our home where most in the area went for the substantially cheaper sump-pumps. I'm not a fan of fixing things that are not broken.
a fine example where "leaders" have no idea yet they force others to do their bidding. right?

yikes!

Cesar R M

I like everyone's photos here, whether clear or green! :p They're all fun, and all tell a story. (I think Cesar was just trying to be helpful about your phone's camera, that's all. That's his field of work, so it's probably second nature to him to share his expertise with others.) :)
Good to know someone understood what I was trying to say, I felt like gabe was chastising me and frowning about my comment.

Cesar R M

Thanks for the info. We have a surge protector, and lightning rods on our house. Somehow lightning seems to get through. I'm sure hubby could explain that, as he is a retired electrical engineer. I don't want to ask. He loves to explain things very thoroughly. I once asked him to show me how to use the computer. That happened to be his minor in college. He started with " inside the computer"..I only wanted to know, if I pushed the wrong button, would I hurt the machine!:D I don't ask a lot of tech. questions anymore. Lesson learned.:rolleyes: :happy:;)
I honestly can imagine the issues.
The earth in your area could be.. not very absorbent(aka not a good "ground" )
We had issues with a few of our houses as well.
Because all surges were sent into the CABLE company's system.
And burned one of our TVs instead of moving the discharge to the "ground" rod.
electricity will always go towards the path with less resistance.. so.. if the ground isnt..you're screwed :p

donaldtoo

Yeah these 3 CMs flat out didn't care that we wanted to browse. There mission was to not shut up and hound everyone in the store, they just kept pouncing from one guest to the next. Nobody at cash register. Says something.

Yep, that stuff was pounded into us...
  • Greet and re-greet. Repeat.
  • You should never be behind the Box Office (register) unless you are helping Guests check out, or are attending to a necessary operational issue.
  • Greet and re-greet some more, etc..
Obviously, I just used my better judgment. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom