Funny thing happened after I cancelled our WDW trip...

CaptainAmerica

I agree with you that other parks will follow. Hopefully, we can visit them before they do, as after they do, we won't. That being said, we had many great vacations in the World, but the affordable family vacation that Walt envisioned is soon going by the wayside. Now that our grandchildren are getting to the age that we could take them, it is no longer affordable to do so. Very sad....
Yes, some people can't afford certain things. It's terribly sad. Henry Ford wanted everyone to be able to afford his Model T, yet I am unable to buy a 2016 Raptor. I'm not over in the Ford fan community bellyaching about it.

jloucks

I agree with you that other parks will follow. Hopefully, we can visit them before they do, as after they do, we won't. That being said, we had many great vacations in the World, but the affordable family vacation that Walt envisioned is soon going by the wayside. Now that our grandchildren are getting to the age that we could take them, it is no longer affordable to do so. Very sad....

It will always be affordable. Maybe not for you, but by a broad definition of the term the parks will be.

What do I mean? The model they are using now is to select a price point that fills the parks to maximum (on an annual basis) but is also static (fluctuating pricing would be better, and is a proven model, not sure why WDW doesn't adopt this for admission prices). Price is the primary throttle for demand in this scenario. Supply is pretty much fixed, the parks are only so many sq feet. Look at it this way, what would happen if they cut prices in half? Supply would not increase, but demand would go right up resulting in sardine jammed parks (increased demand).

The parks will always be affordable in that the parks will always be full. Maybe not full of you, but full none-the-less. The admission price will ensure that.

Want to see prices drop? Everybody stop going for a while (decrease demand). ...but that isn't going to happen.

It gets a little more complicated with premium customers. The types that would be willing to pay double/triple current rates to see parks less crowded. ...there is definitely an economic model for this, but since WDW has gone with the economy model I won't go into it here.

wendysue

Original Poster
Yes, some people can't afford certain things. It's terribly sad. Henry Ford wanted everyone to be able to afford his Model T, yet I am unable to buy a 2016 Raptor. I'm not over in the Ford fan community bellyaching about it.

Wow! Aren't you the compassionate one.... I was making a statement about OUR situation and it IS sad for the kids that will not be able to experience that type of vacation. Your rude comments are totally uncalled for and do not recall asking for your nasty opinion! Please keep it to yourself.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
If you're traveling in Orlando, use Lyft or Uber! The only place they can't pick up is at the airport, and they can't get into the Disney parks. They can do pickups and dropoffs at the resorts and DTD though, and they can drop off and pick up at Universal.
UberX has medallioned drivers and can pick up at the Airport and the Parks (or at least they should be able to, as they have medallions and proper taxi licenses / insurance, unlike standard Uber).

rangerbob

Since I see the 1 classifying Cabana Bay as a value resort as compared to Disney. From everything that I've seen of it in pictures it may be called a value resort by Universal and Lowes but amenity wise it is the same as a Moderate resort at Disney so the rates are the same as Disney. As for the other resorts that I've stayed in are the deluxe model per Disney standards. After you tack on the unlimited fastpass that the resorts come with then Universal should be a Premium resort since it is better than a Disney resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom