Rumor on changes to Disney Dining Plan

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Unless you go to a lot of double-credit places, like dinner shows, it seems like you'd spend most of your vacation in restaurants on the deluxe plan.
Sometimes we will skip breakfasts, so I end up with TS credits left over at the end. Also, we usually end up with a dozen or so snack credits left over, but we use those up on Rice Crispie treats to give as post vacation gifts to friends and family.

Deranged Hermit

With three kids (ages 10,13,15), we never have any credits left, but it's nice to have the option.
Usually I'll do the snack for a pastry for breakfast, a QS for lunch and the TS for dinner. If we have early dinner reservations, I'll use the QS for breakfast and a snack for lunch.

Brickcity Pauly

I always have the DDP, as I like to prepay and have that part of the cost out of the way. I think this year was the first year we had anything leftover, and it was 2 QS credits. We used them at Pepper Market before boarding the DME.

I've thought of getting the Deluxe plan on one of the next two trips, but that's mainly to use at Signature places. I don't need three Disney meals a day.

HouCuseChickie

It's still a pretty limited list of spots that are willing to make said conversions. We rarely do DDP (only when it's free and we can't get a good room discount), but being able to do something with our unused QS and snack credits would be helpful as we never use all of those.

NYwdwfan

What do you do for breakfast? My snack credit is almost always a pastry or smoothie in the morning.
We bring small boxes of cereal and instant oatmeal and buy a half gallon of milk in the resort marketplace. My son, daughter and I will have cereal for breakfast and my husband will run water through the coffee maker for oatmeal.

Tom P.

For years now I have been converting my unused TS credits into three snacks each before I board DME. I thought that was a common thing. I usually go to my hotels QS restaurant and get rice krispie treats or baked goods for home.

You have always been able to convert QS to snacks if you had the right CM. All you had to do was ask vey nicely :)
Agree with both of you.

We've never had any problem getting a CM to let us count two or three "snack" items as a QS credit. I think Disney is just formalizing what people have been doing informally for some time now.

dreamscometrue

In the half dozen or so times we got the Quick Service Dining Plan, we've always found quite a discrepancy from place to place on property as to how we could trade in or substitute Quick Service meals. Two weeks ago, my wife had a completely different experience trying to trade a QS meal for snacks at the Pepper Market (Coronado Springs) than later in the trip, at Artist Palette (Saratoga Springs).

From what I understand, there never was a policy re substitutions, and in fact they were not supposed to happen. However, each QS place apparently developed their own unofficial policy, which seemed to change from day to day, or even shift to shift, depending on who was the manager at that time. I think Disney realized this was becoming a problem and is attempting to standardize. The article below discusses the changes also.

http://blog.touringplans.com/2015/0...sney-dining-plan-beginning-may-31/#more-91136

biggy H

Looks like the changes are using 1QS as 3 snacks. Also its reporting that quite a few snack only locations won't be accepting the ddp any more including Aloha Isle.... whether these locations aren't accepting the ddp completely or not participating in the 1 for 3 scheme its not clear at the moment. Some info on the Disney website though.

DManRightHere

lol

these changes seem geared towards the people who have leftover credits at the end of the trip and don't have time to use the rest of their TS. that said, definitely taking a big loss by trading down

Yup! I guess Disney has the idea if a gamily leaves with a bunch of unused credits they are much less likely to get the DDP again, when they at least get "something" it won't feel like a waste to that family...

DManRightHere

None of this makes changes my thoughts to get the dining plan.

I'd like to see a system where you only receive a number of credits and you can choose to have QS or TS. Say 1 credit for QS and 3 credit for TS. This way I can eat QS most of the trip, and have 2 or 3 TS meals. I'd also rather the dessert that is included with a TS be an extra snack instead. Not all TS has the best desserts, and somethimes I'm just too dang full. Gives the option to get a more unique Snack, especially at Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom