Trip Report It's going to be a magical-why is it so hot-where is the churro cart-as it happens trip report.

Going to try to post live goings on as we spend two days at Uni and eight days at WDW.

Where - Pop Century
When - now (well as soon as we land)
Who - Mrs. 'Matata, son and daughter and Mother in law.

Notables:

First time ADRs at BOG and Nine Dragons.

Daughters first trip after conquering fear of roller coasters.

Sons first trip tall enough to ride everything.

First trip with the FP+, MDE, Memory Maker options. So far have not experienced any glitchy ness.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

It is a nice queue. I did think the faux marble pillars looked chintzy up close. I did dig the elevator.

The boy wizards land(s) got way too crowded so we headed to Suess and points beyond. Had quick service burgers etc. Pretty steep almost $70 for five people. Wasn't any better than Disneys quick service.

I think Disney's quick service is better than Unis.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
So day one of Uni is over. Made it to both parks. Strolled through a few lands. Man if all that construction is for Kong that is going to be huge.

I will say that Uni may have a case of robbing Peter to pay Paul. Some of their other areas looked a bit run down.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I have heard that Uni uses a lot of "screen effects" in their attractions and was surprised how many their are.

Tomorrow will be day two and we will be spending a majority of it a Uni not IoA then hopping back to DHS for late FP+ and F!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
So day two of Uni. Heading to Hogwarts and noticed this bit of, well, I don't know.

image.jpg
I guess the pigeons take care of the hard to reach areas.

Loved Hogwarts. More awesome theming.
image.jpg

And then a stroll over to

image.jpg
To catch the Raptor encounter but it was not open yet.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
So after a rest back at the resort for the rest of the group ( I had a couple of adult beverages and walked over to Art of Animation - photos I will post later) we headed to DHS for dinner at the Commisary, FP+s for Star Tours, ToT,and F! Crowds are very lite. Catching GMR and RR before our next FP time.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
So after a rest back at the resort for the rest of the group ( I had a couple of adult beverages and walked over to Art of Animation - photos I will post later) we headed to DHS for dinner at the Commisary, FP+s for Star Tours, ToT,and F! Crowds are very lite. Catching GMR and RR before our next FP time.
How was the food at the commissary? It's been a while since I've been there, and my last experience was pretty poor.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
How was the food at the commissary? It's been a while since I've been there, and my last experience was pretty poor.
It was average. I had the angus burger with fried shrimp. The shrimp were higher quality frozen but it was your standard Disney burger. They have updated their menu since our last trip and it's a better overall selection than in the past. Next time I'm trying the salmon salad.

SW_matt

Did you find two days was sufficient for universal? on our last trip we only spent 3/4's of a day because of illness in our group so we missed ALOT. This trip we have scheduled 2 full days to get everything in (with blueman group the first day) + a horror night over halloween

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom