The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Haha maybe next year. She says she wants to go on cruise and then WDW with her grandchildren next spring. Doesn't really matter if I am there or not as long as her grandchildren are. :p

So, I have an idea for a birthday present for your mom. If she wants to go to WDW, maybe you could buy her a Disney gift card (in whatever amount you want--I think with some of the newer cards, you can load specific amounts). You could tell her that you're helping her save for her trip, starting with her birthday.

I'm not familiar with your mom's tastes in gifts; but I like gift cards sometimes, because I tend to like practical gifts more than fancy items, that I probably wouldn't use much anyway. It would also be fun if you found a Disney-themed birthday card and put the gift card inside it. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My Doctor when I was a kid told my Mom to put whiskey in my Sis's bottle because she had extreme colic and it would relax her and she could sleep. She also prescribed Blackberry Brandy for Montezuma's issues and brandy in tea for us.

Here's another booze remedy for you. For a sore throat, my grandmother used to put a small amount of whiskey in a glass, and she'd put a sugar cube in it. Once the cube absorbed some of the whiskey, she'd give us the sugar cube to place on our tongue till it dissolved. The sugar was to sweeten up the awful tasting whiskey flavor. She was convinced that the whiskey cured a sore throat. I don't recall if it ever worked; I only remember that I despised the taste of whiskey and the sugar cube wasn't sweet enough to kill the taste! :facepalm:

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Lady Bug shortage? Ha! That is a first for me. They sell them by the hundreds in all of our local nursery garden centers. They mail order them too. They also sell praying mantis larva too. Those things are really cool when they hatch. I was working in garden a couple years ago when they sprung. They were white and only as long as the top of a pencil eraser. Love those bugs.

Apparently, it's true, at least in parts of Florida, as that was what the CM was talking about. Yes, they could go buy them, but he said that with the amount of plants they are working with at WDW, buying them can get very pricey. That's why they are currently researching other insects to perform the same function as the ladybugs. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Meanwhile we can just enjoy the Disney World photos. We can easily ignore any imperfections. I'm enjoying them all! I love vicariously enjoying other peoples vacations.

I like everyone's photos here, whether clear or green! :p They're all fun, and all tell a story. (I think Cesar was just trying to be helpful about your phone's camera, that's all. That's his field of work, so it's probably second nature to him to share his expertise with others.) :)

Goofyernmost

I don't know about those. But I can tell you that average family homes in our area, don't have any sort of special safety things that would protect them from a direct lightning strike. For some odd reason, I just remember that last year I heard about many more houses getting hit by lightning, than in previous years.
Hasn't anyone heard of lightening rods in your neck of the woods. They do work wonders, especially in areas that are more prone to heavy thunderstorms. You'll see them on every building in WDW. I don't know of any damage to any building there over the years and they are right in the open in the middle of a swamp.
Tower of Terror being the possible exception. I heard that lightening knocked the whole front off that thing. ;)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom