Annual Fees, How are they accessed?

Edgmiller

Original Poster
I am about to purchase a vacation club membership. I am curious on how the annual fees are assessed. Are the dues billed monthly? quarterly? or annually? Also, can these fees be paid by credit card?

Last edited:

Tom

Beta Return
I don't know what you mean by "accessed". DVC will allow you to pay monthly toward you annual dues. I don't think credit card is an option - just bank ACH. They will only allow you to pay monthly if you use an auto-draft electronic payment method, since that way they know they're going to get paid each month.

MMDVC

I have used my Disney Visa credit card to pay in January billing deadline. I noticed this resale site owned by former DVC sales reps explain each maintenance fee in each section ( DVCResaleMarket) so I assume your resale agent should have the answer to those questions. Also you should visit mouseowners web site for questions that are specifically about disney's timeshare answered by owners that love to talk dvc language.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
You can pay your yearly dues all at once by credit card or another form of payment, but if you want to pay monthly it has to be out of a checking account.
Yearly dues vary by each resort and are so much per point. If they say are $5.00 per point (most resorts are more than $5.00 though) and you bought 200 points you would be paying $1000 for that year etc. They do usually go up every year so take that into account as well. What you pay this year will not be what you pay every single year of your ownership.
Whoever you are buying from can explain all of this to you if you ask. :)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I am about to purchase a vacation club membership. I am curious on how the annual fees are accessed. Are the dues billed monthly? quarterly? or annually? Also, can these fees be paid by credit card?
You can use a CC to pay the dues. Just make sure you pay it off the same month. If you are going to carry the balance on your CC and pay it off slowly over time, unless you have a very low interest credit card it's better to take Disney up on the monthly plan and just have it deducted from your account. Those CC interest rates are killer.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I pay my dues in full every year using a credit card. I'd rather get it over and done with than have to worry about another monthly bill.
Unless I have the money to pay the credit card off right away I usually end up doing monthly for that particular year so I don't have to pay interest on my credit card. And it takes it out of our bank account automatically every month. :)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
If you are going to pay your dues all at once at the beginning of the year it's also a good idea to use a credit card with rewards if you have one. Either an airline frequent flier card or one that gives cash back. This way you get something for using the card and Disney isn't hitting you with any additional charge to use the CC.

Another option I've never tried, but I've read about is using gift cards to pay the maintenance fees. At one time Sams Club was offering a free $10 Disney gift card for every $100 Disney gift card purchased. So basically a 10% discount on your maintenance fees if you buy the gift cards and use them to pay the MFs.

D PARK RADIO

You can access your dues in your DVC account by contract. It will show you what has been paid(if you pay monthly via bank debit) or the entire balance if you pay in full each use year. These can be changed, if you want, just call member services and they will ask you to put it in writing which was you would prefer to pay. FYI there is no savings by paying it in full each year, however, when you pay it in full you can use a credit card and get your reward points.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
And to add what others have said, dues at the older DVC resorts are typically higher because of the increased maintenance costs.

I use my Disney Visa to pay my dues in full each year. If I remember, when I signed my contract, my sales rep asked how I would prefer to pay them.

JaxFLBear

I probabaly wouldn't but just wondered if it was possible
I don't think I've ever seen a post where a member paid more than a few months prior to the December billing.

For non-US members, it's typically based on the exchange rate. Some non-US members will actually open a US bank account and fund it when the exchange rate is favorable.

For US members that pre-pay, they've probably purchased Disney Gift Cards at a discount.

nickys

Premium Member
I don't think I've ever seen a post where a member paid more than a few months prior to the December billing.

For non-US members, it's typically based on the exchange rate. Some non-US members will actually open a US bank account and fund it when the exchange rate is favorable.

For US members that pre-pay, they've probably purchased Disney Gift Cards at a discount.

To add to this. Next time we come over I am considering opening a US bank account. Sun Bank has a branch very near to Disney Springs, so it is easy to do assuming you remember to take all the documentation required. I think you have to open it with a certain amount and keep the balance above that level.

Having a US bank account (must be a check account, not a savings one) allows you to pay the annual dues monthly. But you could pay into it when the exchange rate is more favourable. However, if you think of 12 monthly amounts coming out and having to keep the balance above a certain level, you would have to open it with at least a year’s worth of dues on top of the minimum balance requirement.

Another alternative is using a pre-paid currency card and front loading it when the exchange rate is favourable, and then paying the dues using that card.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Sun Bank has a branch very near to Disney Springs

SunTrust. Sun Bank merged with with Georgia Trust in 1985 to become SunTrust.

BB&T just bought SunTrust in February and will become Truist Bank (don't ask 🙄). Frankly, I'd avoid opening an account with SunTrust. Branches throughout the region may close as the two financial institutions finalize the buyout and consolidate corporate headquarters in North Carolina (SunTrust is in Atlanta). And a little birdie told me that branch near Disney Springs may not be around in 2020. If there's a Regions branch convenient to Disney Springs, I'd go with them. Stay away from Wells Fargo, Bank of America and Chase. Wells Fargo's problems related to incentives hasn't completely played out yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom