Best breakfast buffet?

Epcot Dave

It depends on where you are staying and what your party makeup is, really. If it's just you two (or me and the Mrs) and not the four of us with two kids under 12, anyplace is possible. But with all 5 of us, we'd say The Crystal Palace bar none. We stay at Riverside, and being that our viewpoint is that we'd rather be in the park than travel to the AK or AKL if we don't have to, it's a slam dunk.

I've done Chef Mickey's for dinner for years. I tried it for breakfast in 11/2014 and won't do that again. It was simply too expensive for what we got.

We do hit Akershus regularly, but the place really doesn't have room for more than a handful of large parties. If you are less than 6 people, you're a-ok. We had a party of 9 once and got jammed into the side that borders the courtyard...it was not fun.

We do 1900 Park Fare, but I have only done it for Dinner.

Is our plan simple? Yep, but with the two kids and various Disney Mass Transit issues over the years (bus breakdown anyone?), I try to keep it simple.

In fact, we'll be at Akershus and The Crystal Palace here next month...the CP twice in one trip.

Hope this helps-
Dave

NonnaT

Hey everyone!
My friends and I are headed to WDW in July for my boyfriend's 21st birthday! He really loves breakfast buffets, but there's so many options and I don't know which one to choose! We're doing Chef Mickey's one night for dinner, but out of all the other buffets which ones are your favorites? Thanks so much in advance for any input! :)
1900 Park Fair at the Grand Floridian!!! They absolutely have the BEST food, and The Mad Hatter made my Papa Honeyman HOWL! This is the place where men get a chance to have a character spend time and effort on them! We have sent many a friend to this buffet and no one has ever been disappointed! IMHO, NonnaT

fireworksandfairytales

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
It depends on where you are staying and what your party makeup is, really. If it's just you two (or me and the Mrs) and not the four of us with two kids under 12, anyplace is possible. But with all 5 of us, we'd say The Crystal Palace bar none. We stay at Riverside, and being that our viewpoint is that we'd rather be in the park than travel to the AK or AKL if we don't have to, it's a slam dunk.

I've done Chef Mickey's for dinner for years. I tried it for breakfast in 11/2014 and won't do that again. It was simply too expensive for what we got.

We do hit Akershus regularly, but the place really doesn't have room for more than a handful of large parties. If you are less than 6 people, you're a-ok. We had a party of 9 once and got jammed into the side that borders the courtyard...it was not fun.

We do 1900 Park Fare, but I have only done it for Dinner.

Is our plan simple? Yep, but with the two kids and various Disney Mass Transit issues over the years (bus breakdown anyone?), I try to keep it simple.

In fact, we'll be at Akershus and The Crystal Palace here next month...the CP twice in one trip.

Hope this helps-
Dave
I completely agree with you about Chef Mickey's for breakfast. It's way too expensive for what you get. But I do adore dinner there. :)

Thank you for your input! It's really appreciated. :)

yedliW

What about 'Ohana? While not a buffet, it is still all you can eat.. It is a lot of fun, and has the basics.. eggs.. sausage.. bacon.. Mickey waffles.. fresh fruit.. potatoes.. that magic juice concoction they have there.. and Mickey Mouse!

I don't know what they do to the eggs.. but they are among the best scrabbled eggs I have ever had..

DisneyDebNJ

Boma is wonderful! We also love Crystal Palace (Pooh's Puffed french toast AND breakfast lasagna!) As much as I love Chef Mickey's for breakfast (not a fan of dinner and trying lunch this up coming trip) but think both Boma as well as Crystal Palace's offers more.

dreamscometrue

BOMA is our favorite. Besides the great buffet, which includes a few unique offerings, you can take time to look at the animals on the savannas, the African art throughout the resort, and relax before or after your meal. We often stay at AKL or Kidani, but when we don't, we book the last seating (close to 11 am) on a day we're going to extra magic hours at Animal Kingdom. We get to the park before 8am, do rides like Everest, Primeval Whirl and Dinosaur a few times, walk around the Tree of Life and are at the bus stop for an AKL bus about 10:15am. It's a 10 min bus ride to the Animal Kingdom Lodge (stops at Kidani Village first, so don't get off there lol).

After lunch, it's back to Animal Kingdom with a full stomach to NOT do the aforementioned rides( :)), but to go on Kilimanjaro Safari, see Festival of the Lion King, Flights of Wonder, Finding Nemo, get to Rafiki's Planet Watch and walk the trails. This is always one of the best days of our vacation.

Last edited:

Mickey fan club

Hey everyone!
My friends and I are headed to WDW in July for my boyfriend's 21st birthday! He really loves breakfast buffets, but there's so many options and I don't know which one to choose! We're doing Chef Mickey's one night for dinner, but out of all the other buffets which ones are your favorites? Thanks so much in advance for any input! :)
BOMA

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom