DVC Elsewhere? Where would you like one?

DisDadWoz

Original Poster
Do you think there will be any new DVC resorts outside of WDW anytime soon? I know that both HHI and Vero Beach are popular so it got me thinking about having one elsewhere such as in a ski resort, Napa or near one of our National Parks. Where would you like to see a new one built, if you could have one?

Tom

Beta Return
I think they enjoy the RCI relationship too much. It allows them to offer locations all over the world, without any of the development or operational costs.

WDW Villas are good investments for them, because the operational costs are lower than they'd be anywhere else. Disney paying Disney for services, so they set their own rates and control everything.

DisDadWoz

Original Poster
I still think that HHI and Vero both lend themselves to being able to go off site to do other things. Disney helps set up some of them of course, but same goes for eating as each of those locations have excellent dining other than at the resort. If, we're staying for any length of time we need to get out some. I like the Lake Tahoe concept of being able to do things year round.

ryguy

Disneyland Paris. A Caribbean island would be good too. Hawaii is far away for the East Coasters. Aruba or Jamaica since they have a lot of non-stop flights from major US cities.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
While DVC at the overseas parks would be nice, I wonder about the legal hoops that Disney might have to jump through in order to make it happen, if they could even do it at all. If they could, we would love to see them at every Disney resort world-wide. Sure, we can use our points there now, but it is crazy expensive, and we'd be much better off just paying cash for those.

216bruce

There will be more DVC rooms added to Anaheim. Was told this by someone who was told by the VP of DVC and works in Anaheim for ABD, that is also overseen by the same VP. Supposedly, they are part of the real estate acquisitions in the DL area. The handful at Grand Cali isn't cutting it and the company certainly knows that. No time frame given. I heard this last week.

slappy magoo

I know this isn't likely. It's probably not even possible, or legal. But I wonder if the DVC "points value" concept of timeshare could be applied to a boat on the DVC Cruise line. I know that you can use your points for a cruise (though it's not a particularly good use of your points, value-wise). But what if a new boat were built and christened and interests in the boat were sold via DVC? They'd still collect maintenance fees (perhaps one problematic factor would be the cost of fuel?). And to tack on to @andysol 's argument, nothing makes it easier to stay immersed in Disney than not being able to leave the "resort" without drowning.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I know this isn't likely. It's probably not even possible, or legal. But I wonder if the DVC "points value" concept of timeshare could be applied to a boat on the DVC Cruise line. I know that you can use your points for a cruise (though it's not a particularly good use of your points, value-wise). But what if a new boat were built and christened and interests in the boat were sold via DVC? They'd still collect maintenance fees (perhaps one problematic factor would be the cost of fuel?). And to tack on to @andysol 's argument, nothing makes it easier to stay immersed in Disney than not being able to leave the "resort" without drowning.
I thought I had read somewhere that Disney was looking into that option. That would be awesome as well, as the points needed would certainly be lower than they currently are. I think the problem comes from the fact that the ships are all Bahamas registered, not U.S. Might not be possible with that.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I would also want a DVC/Disney Cruse Ship. It would work just like the DVC on land with points in ownership.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom